Flipper Lag Now On The Vita!!!

psychocircus69

Jul 24, 2012
So this is my first post, and unfortunately an unhappy one. I've been playing the new table pack (Creature & Black Knight) and have noticed some pretty bad flipper lag. This is on the Vita. Specifically on Creature, you can actually watch the ball roll off the tip of the flipper when trying to make a shot. This is very comparable to the flipper lag people have been complaining about on the PS3 version. Also, I confirmed that RBION does not suffer from this lag. I really think it's just the newer tables. Has anybody else noticed this lag or am I going nuts? I also want you guys to know that I am a huge fan of this game and want nothing more than for it to succeed! I appreciate any insight!

EDIT: NVM on the flipper lag. Upon further inspection I believe it to be more of a framerate issue than anything else. Medieval Madness is the same way. Man though, the framerate issues are really starting to make some of these tables almost unplayable on the Vita :(

Last edited:

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Ok... i didn't notes any lag on landscape but on portrait it feels very laggy.
I hope farsight wil inprove the overal speed of these tables.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yes it is definitely there. It is very noticeable in portrait mode which is really the only way I play.
I do think it is framerate related though since the ball seems to have a Slow motion, jittery look to it. Even when just pulling the plunger you can see it skip frames sometimes.

It makes hitting the ball off the tip of the flippers hard which makes it feel like flipper lag. Although there could be lag as well.

Richard Wuori

Oct 5, 2012
So this is my first post, and unfortunately an unhappy one. I've been playing the new table pack (Creature & Black Knight) and have noticed some pretty bad flipper lag. This is on the Vita. Specifically on Creature, you can actually watch the ball roll off the tip of the flipper when trying to make a shot. This is very comparable to the flipper lag people have been complaining about on the PS3 version. Also, I confirmed that RBION does not suffer from this lag. I really think it's just the newer tables. Has anybody else noticed this lag or am I going nuts? I also want you guys to know that I am a huge fan of this game and want nothing more than for it to succeed! I appreciate any insight!

EDIT: NVM on the flipper lag. Upon further inspection I believe it to be more of a framerate issue than anything else. Medieval Madness is the same way. Man though, the framerate issues are really starting to make some of these tables almost unplayable on the Vita :(

I noticed on the Black Knight, the ball just feels light and a little out of control and even it got stuck on the lower center playing field as it tries to pop out in a curve, it pops right back in again, continuously, I had to tilt the machine to get the game going again.. only happen to me once..

psychocircus69

Jul 24, 2012
So I emailed Farsight's support team and they told me they would forward our concerns to the programmers. Whether or not this is sincere, only time will tell. I will say however that Farsight has never really given me a reason to doubt their sincerity!!! Here's hoping that this game can ultimately become the greatest pinball simulator of all time!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Ugh... Creature is damn near unplayable like this. The tip 20% of the flipper practically doesn't work, it's driving me crazy!

I believe that they sincerely don't care if the Vita version works right or not. Almost all of the issues the Vita version has had have been so obvious and immediately apparent that even a little amount of play-testing would have turned them up. The worst ones are noticeable after playing a table just once or twice. Bums me out.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Ugh... Creature is damn near unplayable like this. The tip 20% of the flipper practically doesn't work, it's driving me crazy!

I believe that they sincerely don't care if the Vita version works right or not. Almost all of the issues the Vita version has had have been so obvious and immediately apparent that even a little amount of play-testing would have turned them up. The worst ones are noticeable after playing a table just once or twice. Bums me out.

Well that is terrible news. I haven't bought the latest DLC pack since I am still not happy with the state of the tables we have received so far. As much as I hate to say it, I am pretty much done with this until the massively needed bug fixes start to roll out. There need to be major changes to the testing process especially for this system since many of the problems (like the lack of any transparency on BoP, the framerate problems on MM, and now apparently the framerate problems on the new tables as well) are all things that stand out the second you start the game up, like you have said. I just hope that FS still sees the Vita as a viable system since the game has the potential to be fantastic, but is just buggy to the point of great annoyance right now.

psychocircus69

Jul 24, 2012
What I don't understand is why the original four tables and the first dlc pack play fine, and then everything after that just sucks!! Maybe someone can shed some light on this. I'm not a programmer and don't know anything about programming, but am curious how this tragedy can happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts