Request FarSight...Implementing Ball Drop Sound Is A Must

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I know this has been mentioned before, but I want to make sure FarSight is looking to add the ball drop sound to the tables as soon as possible. This is the ONLY mechanical sound that is missing and is very crucial in obtaining realism in the sound of the tables. Seeing the ball drop on the table and hearing nothing is really tearing away at me since I play real tables every week. This is not a minor issue, it's part of what makes the sound of playing a real pinball table unique. Please update all current tables with the ball drop sound before you release too many tables and then have to go back and update them one at a time.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Have you emailed norm? That may be a good idea?

Not yet, but I may do so on this issue since it's something that should have been implemented beginning with the PHOF Collections. I don't understand how they knew to put the ball rolling sound in, but totally miss the ball drop sound.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Not yet, but I may do so on this issue since it's something that should have been implemented beginning with the PHOF Collections. I don't understand how they knew to put the ball rolling sound in, but totally miss the ball drop sound.
I've just been playing williams collection but I'm sure there's a ball drop sound. Can't get that last basic goal on whirlwind, 100k drop target one. Bloody annoying!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've just been playing williams collection but I'm sure there's a ball drop sound. Can't get that last basic goal on whirlwind, 100k drop target one. Bloody annoying!

You're right, but I had to turn the music off and turn the volume up to even hear the ball drop sound. When the ball dropped onto the playfield from a ramp on MM, it made a "tick" sound and IMO it should have a deeper more pronounced sound. Dropping a steel ball onto a playfield doesn't make a "tick" sound.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
This has been on my TODO list for awhile now. When we built the new framework, I had trouble getting it to fire the sound at the appropriate times. When I get a chance I'll fix it and it'll be there in an update in the future.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This has been on my TODO list for awhile now. When we built the new framework, I had trouble getting it to fire the sound at the appropriate times. When I get a chance I'll fix it and it'll be there in an update in the future.

Thank you Mike...this news just made my day. :)

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, now that I think about it, it's really important on a game that flows. You get into a rhythm on a game like T2 or MM alternating ramps.

Good to see it's on the radar, Mike.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.