Bugs/problems with BK for PS3...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm not terribly familiar with this table, but I was messaging with another forum poster and talking up some of the problems we're having with this table. Shall we all start a list?

For me, I'm having a LOT of ball through flipper issues. Mainly happening on upper playfield with left flipper. It'll be in raised position and the ball will go underneath, and when the flipper lowers it goes right through the ball. I've also had the more traditional ball through flipper deal on lower playfield, again with left flipper.

I've had this only occasionally happen to me on other tables, but within one game I have it happen multiple times. Anybody else experiencing this?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Ive had the ball pass through the right eject hole to the upper playfield shoot out a couple times now, the games loses track of whats happening and after a ball lock it just sits there you have to call attendant for every lock the only way to undo it is activate a 2ball multiball.
I get balls to lock from the front where theyre held uptop. The table select screen is poor resolution like 16bit
IMG_4018.jpg

the table shows black legs at the table select screen.
IMG_4019.jpg

when theyre chrome when you play.
IMG_4031.jpg

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Instead of shiney chrome.
image-26.jpg

The green on the table is too dark...the table is too dark in general and the colors need obvious seperation not blending.
IMG_4030.jpg

image-7.jpg

sjleroy

Sep 27, 2012
Hey all-

I have a couple gameplay issues with this table, would be interested to see if anyone else who has played the real table agrees.

1- When I launch the ball I always hold down the right flipper to catch the ball when it enters the playfield on the top level, which then bounces the ball over to the left flipper, which allows you a chance to shoot the ball immediately into the ball lock. When you perform this action on this version (both PS3 and Android), the ball bounces off the right flipper correctly but goes too far and hits the post bumper at the base of the left flipper, causing the ball to bounce over and drain down the ramp. I owned a Black Knight for years (and I have played several of them in arcades) and those did not behave this way. On the real machines the ball would not bounce so far that it would hit the post bumper behind the left flipper it would bounce ONTO the left flipper and gently roll down the flipper, allowing you a shot to lock the ball. This may seem trivial to some but after spending many hours on my machine this was one of my favorite actions as it is almost a 'skill shot' of sorts.

2- Often when I launch the ball from the lower field up the right ramp, the right top level flipper has not re-seated into it's resting position, so that the ball hits it and goes back down the ramp. I don't recall that ever being an issue for me on any of the real tables (or at least I don't recall being frustrated so often by it).

3- Sometimes when you successfully shoot the ball into the ball lock on the upper playfield it will not stay in the lock but go right through and back onto the playfield. I do not recall this being an issue on the real table.

Cheers!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
well the flipper issue is the dual stage maybe being too DUAL stage. This table has many issues like BH,GG the older tables get less love,play,testing but interestingly more bugs, GO FIGURE!

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Regarding the DUAL stage flipper: someone from Farsight should trap the ball on the right flipper and then push the left flipper hard enough to trigger the upper left flipper. Do this continuously for 1 minute and answer faithfully if it's comfortable or not. How did the Beta tester miss this?!

Another thing: I am not 100% sure but during the game I had the impression that the mystery score is not awarded when it's active on the right lane. It's timer related so I might be wrong but after a couple of games I couldn't help the feeling that there might be an issue. Has someone else encountered this?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
When you get 3 balls into the upper ball lock for multiball it looks like it just produces a ball out of thin air instead of kicking the balls out that are in there. At least for the first ball.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Curious, but was there a dual stage flip on the real machine? I thought someone somewhere in another thread (see how vague I'm making that?!) said it was something put in for Lawlor tables. Again, just wondering.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
IIRC, the game uses two leaf switches activated by the flipper button. Technically they do connect separately but to all intents and purposes they are supposed to connect together. In all the years I have played and owned BK I have never treated it as a 2-stage flipper game.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
well the flipper issue is the dual stage maybe being too DUAL stage. This table has many issues like BH,GG the older tables get less love,play,testing but interestingly more bugs, GO FIGURE!

I hate the 2 stage flippers. I wanted to start a vote for this, but I have no idea how to start a voting thread.

Farsight should at least give us an option to go back to the way it was. Pressing hard on the Dual Shock analog shoulder buttons is not comfortable
and don't lend themselves well to this type of 2 stage system.

Also, Black Knight is almost always throwing the 3rd ball in multi-ball straight down the drain right away.
PS3-BlackKnightDrain.jpg

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, I'm not enjoying this table one bit. Part of it is the actual table (never was a fan), part of it is FarSight.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Oh yes, the Multiball drains. As SKILL_SHOT mentioned you also have to hit/touch the upper balls immediately (raising the upper left flipper is usually enough), otherwise they will go SDTM.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
you forgot the 2 from uptop....ugh!
That happens to me EVERY time- 1 from the upper playfield insta-drains when release from multiball. Happens on my iPhone too. Glad someone mentioned this. Not sure if this is how the actual table is supposed to play or not- so someone will have to chime in on that one!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Does anyone know if this is much easier on the Vita than the PS3?
I see people who are of about equal skill level as me (on my PS3 friend's list) that are absolutely crushing my score on this table.

I know it's possible I just suck at this table, but I have them beat on just about every other table so something seems fishy.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Nudge

I see people who are of about equal skill level as me (on my PS3 friend's list) that are absolutely crushing my score on this table.

I know it's possible I just suck at this table, but I have them beat on just about every other table so something seems fishy.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nudge

What is your score?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
The difference between the TPA version of the playfield and the real life one posted above are just amazing. Incredible to me that Farsight could release a playfield graphic that is so different from the real thing.

Tabe

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.