FarSight, could you clarify which manufacturers are covered by the four licenses?

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
For quite some time, I've heard that Stern also covered Data East and Sega, and we've known about Williams, Bally/Midway, and Gottlieb/Premier/Mylstar since the beginning. But now I'm just hearing that Chicago Coin is also covered by the Stern license. It may be irrelevant if FarSight doesn't plan on reproducing machines from 1932-1977, but it's still interesting to know it's a possibility.

Are there any other manufacturers that are covered by Stern, Gottlieb, Williams, and Bally? What about United or Allied? Game Plan, Genco, Mirco, Fascination, Hankin, International Concepts... the list goes on. I think most of us have written these manufacturers and their products off and focused on the Big Six, and maybe that's all FarSight plans to focus on, anyway. I'd still be interested get some clarification, please.

EDIT: Ah, thanks to Wikipedia, I see now that Stern was officially formed when it purchased the remnants of Chicago Coin in 1977, which is why the license still lies with them. Interesting that I never knew that. Were there any similar situations with other companies that we are not already aware of? Perhaps not.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.