Ripley's believe it or not (2.0.3) - what has changed?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I can't put my finger on it, but I am having much more trouble with this table and outlane drain than I ever recall having.

Does anyone know what changed?
The ball weight, physics, ramp placement?

I do notice a lot of graphical changes. The ramps are now transparent.
Graphically it looks improved, but my game, not so much! :(

I'll never get Frog Frenzy or Atlantis on this now.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Are any of the drains coming off the top flipper? I got a few beautiful shots from there right down the left outlane. I blame my wonky play on the patched in two stage flip messing with my timing.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I saw your question and decided to test it out.

The ball does seem heavier (I like that) but, I believe that is a general change across all the tables. I didn't have any more trouble with the outlanes than before the update. Then again, I've played this table so/too much that I see those drains comin' from a mile away. (there are a couple of tough exceptions though...durn bumpers)

My test result. After an hour I gave up at 500 million, halfway to my 2nd Atlantis, on the cusp of a Frog Frenzy with at least 2 extra balls. Nothing has really changed for me. Just relax when you play. No goals, no worries. I've achieved so many standard/wizard goals with this mindset. (I even routinely erase my game save so I can do them again) Don't think of it as 'Patch 2.03'. Think of it as freshly refurbished tables that are maintained by concerned arcade operators.

* all opinions expressed should be disregarded due to the fact that I am extremely inebriated :)

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
C'mon SKILL_SHOT, you gotta give this old man some credit here. Maintaining proper grammar is the only benefit I got from my ancient grade school education. They drilled that into you along with the Pledge of Allegiance and Duck & Cover drills! (Stupidest illusion of safety ever! Ah, the Cold War. Good times, good times.) At one point, I was seriously drunk enough to be gripping the carpet to keep from falling off the floor. I barely remember playin' that round of Ripley's. (My lady friend does. She is why I gave up after an hour. ;) )

On topic: After a proper run through a round of Ripley's, I beat my high score. (3.5 billion) The heavier ball physics really aren't a factor at all. However, I noticed that balls on the playfield can be influenced by the habitrails when rolling under them. (This leads to balls mystically jumping onto the habitrails and getting stuck there.) I haven't seen this stuff happen for a while

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts