Why hasn't anyone written an app that allows controllers to be paired with iOS device

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It just boggles my mind. Millions of gamers around the world would be ecstatic if this ever came to fruition. Seriously, I would actually buy tons of games on my iPhone if they allowed this. I just don't understand why it hasn't happened yet. Is Apple blocking it? If so, why? Is it a technical issue? Surely with blue tooth this is possible.

Please pardon my ignorance on the subject. I'm just trying to learn why this is so, and try to wrap my head around it.

I am a huge gamer/pinball fan, and I have only purchased a handful of games, but if I were able to pair say a 360 controller or even a 3rd party pad, I would be buying tons and tons of games.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I'm hoping for a iCade support. More importantly, I hope iCade makes a modified version of the core model with 2 buttons on each side.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
To pair a Controller you need this pairing tool to be running in the background and handling the controller. Apple does not allow background processes. So this is only possible with a jailbreaked iPhone. But in theory every software is able to support a controller on its own...

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
i bought the suction cup buttons and joystick pad. thought the buttons would be good for the flippers in pinball arcade (one on each side) but i actually preferred the touchscreen control. It would be cool to have some transparent arcade style buttons with less height instead of the things i have.

Members online

Members online