iPhone 5 - views are all wrong

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
For some reason the latest release ( DLC 5&6 ) seems to attempt to support the new screen resolution of the iPhone 5. It completely fails though, camera angles are all over the place and different on each table. For example the lowest camera on the Elvira table is almost completely overhead. I'll post some pics later today ( I'm in work ATM ). It seems like this partial iPhone 5 support is by accident, it fills the screen whereas all standard apps usually have black bars top and bottom, but the camera angles are such a mixed bag that I can't believe FS did this on purpose.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It's strange how it fits the screen, I haven't seen any other app do that by accident. I'd go as far as to say its unplayable on the iPhone 5 ATM, surprised more people haven't mentioned it.

Santacruz

Sep 28, 2012
Yip, just downloaded the update to my new iPhone 5 and views are all over the place. The portrait views are all too high with valuable space wasted below the flippers . The landscape ones are worse with the flippers frequently partially obscured off the bottom of the screen - it's like the screen is too small for the display. Without a fix this leaves the app (my favourite on iOS) seriously flawed quality wise. Hopefully a remedy is on its way soon Farsight. Luckily I didn't buy the new tables yet however all my old ones are now much worse to play. Any idea if a pitch is on its way as I too was surprised there wasn't much of a stir about this. Maybe it's due to the small number of IPhone 5 users currently using this app?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not too annoyed because I find the screen too small for TPA anyway and play mostly on my iPad and 360. I did consider defecting this year because this screen size is not what I wanted really and I could see no benefit to going widescreen for games, going bigger overall would have been a better move imho. I hope the rumours of iPad 4 going widescreen are BS, leave it as it is I say.

Lou Villanueva

Mar 9, 2012
Yip, just downloaded the update to my new iPhone 5 and views are all over the place. The portrait views are all too high with valuable space wasted below the flippers . The landscape ones are worse with the flippers frequently partially obscured off the bottom of the screen - it's like the screen is too small for the display. Without a fix this leaves the app (my favourite on iOS) seriously flawed quality wise. Hopefully a remedy is on its way soon Farsight. Luckily I didn't buy the new tables yet however all my old ones are now much worse to play. Any idea if a pitch is on its way as I too was surprised there wasn't much of a stir about this. Maybe it's due to the small number of IPhone 5 users currently using this app?

yea, not sure how many iphone 5 users here on the board. officially i know of you, and Kevlar. oh and me. :D

hopefully a patch coming soon!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
For those interested here's what it looks like on a 5 at the moment;

img0242.png
img0239u.png

img0246d.png

img0243r.png

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Look how far up the screen the flippers are on the first 2 images! Hud completely in the way.

img0233d.png
img0230d.png

Flippers are almost off the screen here; ( the table hasn't scrolled, this is how it is! )

img0238d.png

img0234a.png

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
And just for a laugh here is Harley in glorious iphone 5 o'vision;

Believe it or not this is the LOWEST portrait view! good view of the backglass :)

img0254x.png

....and the highest;

img0251i.png

Anyway, I'm sure FS are aware of this issue, just thought someone might find the photos as entertaining as I do.

Last edited:

Santacruz

Sep 28, 2012
Thanks for posting those images! I've persevered all day with the new views but the enjoyment has gone . Yeh there's clearly been a mess up re the iPhone 5 but things have been made worse with Farsight's tinkering with the original views. The portrait views are Waaay too far away (presumably to show off the back glass and the artwork below the flippers which i don't care about , only interested the playable field). A few of the landscape views almost work but also obscure key parts of the table. Please reinstate the old views that maximise the playing area, after all those are the ones I bought. If not give me my money back as I've bought every table which are now ruined. Sorry if I'm coming over cranky but PA had really nailed things and as it stands it looks like ill have to limp back to Zen Pinball who at least have maintained a consistent product.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Just got iPhone 5 yesterday and the first thing I did was install TPA. I can't see the bottom of my flippers as they're below the bottom of the screen. Oh well, it is actually awesome on the ipad2. The views on the phone are so far away, you can barely see the ball.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I just had a reply from TPA support ( my first reply ever I think! ). They said they don't have an iPhone 5 yet so were unaware of the issue, they are working on a fix now. I still find it very strange that this app, out of thousands, accidentally filled the screen. No app should fill the screen unless you tell it to.

Dazz

Oct 3, 2012
Kevlar - Thanks for bringing this up. I completely forgot about these forums and have been posting via Facebook. They replied pretty fast via their Facebook page. Hopefully we'll see an update pretty quick.

Batche Stabile

Oct 3, 2012
iPhone 4s has even worse problems with cameras. Goofer, taxi, Harley... I think all tables have problems with cameras, it's just so annoying, because since 3 updates ago I found the game really satisfactory so I bought some tables, and now Can't play them, and I don't think I'll try again within the next update.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
What's wrong with the views on iPhone 4S? Or are you referring to the camera getting stuck in the wrong position?

Santacruz

Sep 28, 2012
I just had a reply from TPA support ( my first reply ever I think! ). They said they don't have an iPhone 5 yet so were unaware of the issue, they are working on a fix now. I still find it very strange that this app, out of thousands, accidentally filled the screen. No app should fill the screen unless you tell it to.

Thanks again Kevlar, i was beginning to get frustrated that they hadn't acknowledged the problem. I still have access to my old iphone 4 and it appears the tables , including the new ones, are all absolutely fine . Fingers crossed for a fix soon. I just hope that the portrait views are zoomed back to normal as well as fixing the more 'broken' lanscape views that cut out huge chunks of the playfield as i play both views intermittantly. On landscape there was so much wasted space below the flippers and above the top of the table that the playfield only really took up about half of the nice new screen.

Now if only they'd release Creature From The Black Lagoon for the Xbox and catch up with the others i'll be delighted!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts