Bug Android Version 1.6.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Android version 1.6.0 bugs and feedback here!

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
No Good Gofers.

Overall Impression: Very Good!

1. I've had two instances of multiple balls loading into the launcher upon starting a 2nd game; both can be launched but right flipper remains inoperable (except as a launch button) and balls continue to auto load and stack up in the launch channel until save ball timer expires and then can be drained.

2. I've had two instances during multi-ball of one ball becoming permanently lodged between the red pop-bumper, the downhill side post/peg, and the blue contact target on the left side of the play field; the attendant will register this as a stuck ball and perform a reset.

3. I've had two instances of lost balls in the upper play field with the attendant claiming the ball is not stuck. On the last one it appeared to me that when the ball went up the right gopher ramp that it exited out the back-right side of the machine.

4. I noticed on a RL screen capture of the table that the left wall of the left cart path is not perfectly straight, but jogs in towards the center of the play field and slightly wraps back around the red pop-bumper as it passes in front of it. It also appears to be taller (or at least as tall) as the pop-bumpers. In TPA the wall is perfectly straight and appears shorter than the cap on the red pop-bumper as it intersects and passes below it. I mention this not for the aesthetic accuracy, but in wondering if the difference would cause the ball to deflect more towards the center of the play field if it were to travel down the cart path following a loop from the right path if it were hugging the left side wall. Multiple screen shots of the RL table are easily found on Google by searching for "No Good Gofers Mid Playfield"

Disclaimer: I have not played this table in real life so please take that into consideration.

As always, a huge thank you to Far Sight (and singling out Ryan for his excellent customer support and positive attitude in these forums) for all the time and effort and attention to detail you bring to this product. Absolutely my favorite tablet game, I've purchased all the tables with each release and look forward to "owning" many more!

Thanks.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Anyone who downloaded the beta and got the table data for the new tables at this time.
If you delete the table data for NGG and re download. The camera offset has been fixed (flippers are now central on screen).
The apk doesn't know the NGG table data isn't up to date because it was downloaded during beta.
You probably figured it out anyway - but just in case! :D

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks guys! Sorry for the short lead time on the Beta but I was under orders to launch with ios. On the bright side you guys got a ton of fixes that have been fixed in the 10 days that apple has been in submission that ios users don't get ;) (like that ugly gray ramp etc) and the rest have been logged.

On to submitting the amazon version, we are excited about the new hd versions, they seem to be quite powerful machines and I will let you know how they are when they arrive.

As I stated in an earlier post, if I become quiet here for a bit its because I am being tasked with other projects behind the scenes (tournament back-end work, new interface work, etc)

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
CV, more balls than there should be...happened again fyi

Had another instance on the new build where a second and third ball were released at random. Even when I lost a ball the plunger would send in another, did that three times or so...then finally it stopped and any balls that were in play were drained and i went onto my "2nd" ball officially.

N

Nik Barbour

Hey Ryan - App was still visible in Google play store after today's update. :D
Understand about the short beta - orders are orders, and the important stuff was caught.
Managed one quick game in BK today and it didn't do the '22222222' not resetting on the hud at the end of 2 ball multi ball - was this fixed, or was it just fluke?
Looking forward to seeing all these 'behind the scenes' tasks come through to the released program. Cheers man!
Have a good weekend everyone!

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
CV, neon multiball stuck on plunger w/ flippers inactive. Didnt fix itself until all balls were lost(neon multiball ended). In my case the last ball drained was "saved" and the camera panned back and I resumed playing with just one ball normally.

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
I have the game on my Nexus 7, and when I play in landscape, sometimes the touchscreen starts going unresponsive, usually starting with the left flipper. When I play in portrait, I have no issues with it. Among other things, it's cost me a billion point shot in BoP because the left flipper suddenly stopped working.

Scottee28

Jun 18, 2012
Screenshot_2012-09-28-10-27-16.jpg

On Elvira, This graphic area doesn't look accurate, but I do not have an original machine to compare it to. The middle ball pit (upper center of playfield) the ball doesn't pop out easily. Sometimes takes two or three times to pop the ball out.

Android Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you Ryan and FS for all your hard work. These new tables are a lot of fun to play. They will keep me busy for sure till the next update.

N

Nik Barbour

Screenshot_2012-09-28-10-27-16.jpg

On Elvira, This graphic area doesn't look accurate, but I do not have an original machine to compare it to. The middle ball pit (upper center of playfield) the ball doesn't pop out easily. Sometimes takes two or three times to pop the ball out.

Android Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

IPDB is your friend.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=782&picno=8391

I was was a little sad the boogie men's arms don't wobble in TPA!

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Here's something: I was playing for a bit this morning before going to the doctor. I turned my phone off in the office, and back on when I left. I went to launch TPA from my home screen shortcut, and I got a message that the app wasn't installed. I have sporadically had this pop up, and all I've done is restart and I can play just fine.

I went to Settings > Storage and scrolled down to SD card, looked like my phone wasn't reading the card. I tapped Mount, and my Settings app hung up and FCed. This happened twice, once after a reboot. The next time I rebooted, the SD card mounted but I had the same problem. In addition, the phone didn't recognize the app by the Pinball Arcade name, but as com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject. It won't load any info about app size, cache, etc. So it looks like it's no longer being recognized as an app.

I installed the beta from the board when Ryan put it up; then downloaded and installed the update from Google Play. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm on a Sprint SGSII running Blu Kuban ROM based on ICS.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Scared Stiff and Big Shot for the next release. I look forward to using my telepathetic power on SS. Will be really interested to see the counters turn on Big Shot. Never had the pleasure of playing a true EM table.

It's great we got ten days worth of fixes that iOS didn't get. Thanks to Google for not sucking with submissions. ;-) And thanks to Ryan, and the Android team for smashing out two more excellent titles.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Harley Davidson

Whenever I push the orange button, the game freezes and then goes to my tablet home screen.

Sony Tablet S

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Taxi

On plunge, i'Ve been awarded a Pin-bot pickup. Not always, but has happened a couple of times.

NEVERMIND, NOT A BUG AS POINTED OUT IN THE NEXT POST.

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
That's when you score 25.000 for the skillshot. It gives you one pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.