Bug Funhouse "Score a 4-way Combo" does NOT count.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
*Edit - I was able to get it to work on the second try.
I still believe it's a bug though*

Ok, so after trying to do this for about a week now I finally get a 4 way combo in FH and while very excited and waiting for the GOAL COMPLETED and (all Wizard a goals are now completed) message to pop up....
... ... ... ... Nothing! :(

Is there a different type of 4 way combo?
I did it exactly the way it says.
It showed "4 way combo" on the DMD and awarded the points.

This is extremely disappointing for me. Being the last goal and being a hard combo for me
To complete.

Anyone have this happen or have any ideas?
I don't even want to play this game any more after that. :(

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That sucks! That combo took me forever to get. The first time I actually did get it I was still in Standard Goals, which made me mad that I got it when it wouldn't count.

I've had on various other tables times when I reached a goal and it didn't count. All I can say is keep at it, hopefully it'll work the next time. But man that 4 way combo goal is a pain.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
That sucks! That combo took me forever to get. The first time I actually did get it I was still in Standard Goals, which made me mad that I got it when it wouldn't count.

I've had on various other tables times when I reached a goal and it didn't count. All I can say is keep at it, hopefully it'll work the next time. But man that 4 way combo goal is a pain.

So were you able to get it to count for a Wizard goal after finishing the standard goals?
I'm not sure if this is a bug just on 2.0.3, or if it's been there all along.. or even if it's just on the PS3.

If I keep trying at it and it fails to register a second time I fear I might have to go shopping for a new HDTV and Dual Shock 3 controller.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yes, I completed it again once I was going for wizard goals. This was with update 2.0.2, the lost update!

I was just playing a round of CFTBL and had my score up to 10 billion on my second ball when I drained it. 3rd ball started up, and the score now showed 220 million and no matter what targets I hit, it stayed frozen. Fired up another game, all was well. Also in Creature, the first time I got the Super Jackpot it failed to give me the goal. Very next time I did get it.

Try again, I'm sure your TV and controller won't come to an untimely end!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yes, I completed it again once I was going for wizard goals. This was with update 2.0.2, the lost update!

I was just playing a round of CFTBL and had my score up to 10 billion on my second ball when I drained it. 3rd ball started up, and the score now showed 220 million and no matter what targets I hit, it stayed frozen. Fired up another game, all was well. Also in Creature, the first time I got the Super Jackpot it failed to give me the goal. Very next time I did get it.

Try again, I'm sure your TV and controller won't come to an untimely end!

Yeah, I will try again.
I just needed some cooling off time after that. I had literally tried that 4 ball combo about 50 or so times leading up to it and when I saw it show "4-way combo" on the DMD...
I was very happy. Followed by a lot of anger.

Here's how it usually goes for me.
#1: The Center Ramp I can hit 90% of the time
#2: The Right Gangway shot about 20% of the time
#3: The Trapdoor Loop about 40% of the time
#4: The Rudy hit about 20% of the time.

As you can see I have the most trouble with the 2nd shot. It almost always hits a bumper and slows down.
Or the ball comes whizzing around too fast from the trapdoor loop and I miss the Rudy shot.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My problem was with shot #3. I was always hitting Rudy instead. Took everything in my power to change the timing of my flip. Of course, once I got that timing down, I couldn't hit Rudy for #4!! I spent 2 nights of doing nothing but going for that combo before I got it. Strangely enough, I wound up getting that before I got the stupid skill shot from hell. That was virtually impossible due to the plunger sensitivity. I went and played Funhouse for real last night, and I nailed the skill shot on my 2nd and 3rd ball, no problem. That was the only thing I did well on with that table, but still!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
My problem was with shot #3. I was always hitting Rudy instead. Took everything in my power to change the timing of my flip. Of course, once I got that timing down, I couldn't hit Rudy for #4!! I spent 2 nights of doing nothing but going for that combo before I got it. Strangely enough, I wound up getting that before I got the stupid skill shot from hell. That was virtually impossible due to the plunger sensitivity. I went and played Funhouse for real last night, and I nailed the skill shot on my 2nd and 3rd ball, no problem. That was the only thing I did well on with that table, but still!

Oh yeah, I do that a lot too!

So which update version of TPA were you able to get the 4-way combo wizard goal on?

It's driving me crazy(er) because it's one of the few tables I thought I could get a trophy for all of the Wizard trophies on. I've gotten all the Wizard goals on BH, TOM, Gorgar, but
have given up on Ripley's after trying for about 5 months. I also don't think I'll get them on MB or CV since I get thrashed on the outlanes. Black Knight is a possibility, but the table
depresses me with the issues it has. I may hold off on it.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I have all the Wizard goals for Funhouse, did them before the update 2.03. I know that if you are going to go for that specific goal your shots can not hit anything else when you are trying to make your combo's. Think it may be a bit more trickier to do now that we have two stage flippers although I just played a game awhile ago and made a four way combo.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So which update version of TPA were you able to get the 4-way combo wizard goal on?

I did it in update 2.0.2, which is the same as the current update basically.

I'm still missing wizards for CV and MM. I've come close on CV, but I tend to give up after a while cause the ring master annoys me after a while. MM is just plain tough, more so than RBION in my opinion. I'll be feeling a great sense of accomplishment once I beat that one. MB wasn't anything more than a trial of tedium shooting the same shot over and over to get Lyman's Lament.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I did it in update 2.0.2, which is the same as the current update basically.

I'm still missing wizards for CV and MM. I've come close on CV, but I tend to give up after a while cause the ring master annoys me after a while. MM is just plain tough, more so than RBION in my opinion. I'll be feeling a great sense of accomplishment once I beat that one. MB wasn't anything more than a trial of tedium shooting the same shot over and over to get Lyman's Lament.

Well this just happened!
It worked on the second try. :)
null-4.jpg

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I was able to get the 4-way combo and actually got credit the first time I completed it. It DOES work and it DOES register. Like EVERY OTHER FREAKING GOAL IN THE GAME, however, sometimes they just randomly don't register.

Tabe

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
It took me 2 tries to get it to work. This seems to be a trend with some of these wizard goals - same thing happened to me on CFTBL with the Super Jackpot - first time nothing, second time it kicked instantly.

Really strange and annoying! :)

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Completed PS3 Wizard Goals for Funhouse today! I had to complete the 4 way combo goal three times in one game:( before it registered though! :D
Now to try and get Wizard Goals on GORGAR...damn upper play field ball drain!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I was able to get the 4-way combo and actually got credit the first time I completed it. It DOES work and it DOES register. Like EVERY OTHER FREAKING GOAL IN THE GAME, however, sometimes they just randomly don't register.

Tabe

I like how you adamant about the game working fine then totally contradict yourself at the end. j/k :p
Unfortunately something seems to have happened with 2.0.3 on the PS3 version where a lot of the goals just aren't triggering for some reason.

I'm scared to even try for Atlantis on RBION or Battle for the Kingdom on MM because of this. I would probably break my PS3 in half if one of those didn't count!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
4 way combo EU version triggered first time for me,we are not up to version 2.03 yet though .

First of all congrats on getting it. It can be a pain! :p
Does your version support trophies for those tables? Hopefully you will get a fully fixed version when they do update for the UK.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I like how you adamant about the game working fine then totally contradict yourself at the end. j/k :p
Unfortunately something seems to have happened with 2.0.3 on the PS3 version where a lot of the goals just aren't triggering for some reason.
Yeah, I probably should have said "sometimes" :)

In another thread, Mike from Farsight explained that they do even triggers based on the DMD and various other things to determine when goals are hit. Whatever they've chosen, however, is incredibly unreliable as we've all seen.

Tabe

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
First of all congrats on getting it. It can be a pain! :p
Does your version support trophies for those tables? Hopefully you will get a fully fixed version when they do update for the UK.
yeah mate it has the trophy patch for tables up to cftbl and bk which get released this week and the trophies are working fine .. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.