Game Center Save

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I've been wondering this too. I have it enabled, but when I play TPA away from a wifi hotspot my standard/wizard goals aren't recognised.

I could be wrong, but the upshot of this seems to be "If it's enabled then never play away from a wifi hotspot".

Wouldn't it make sense for "game center save = on" to sync data wirelessly when you are near a hotspot, so when you are away from wifi you don't lose all your progress?

Edit: I loaded TPA and turned off Game Center save while connected to wifi, disabled wifi on my iPad2 then reloaded TPA. All my goals were gone!

I really don't know/understand what this function does, and judging by the view to reply ratio on this thread, no one else does either.

Do I always need to be near a wifi hotspot, or play on my phone with 3G nearby to access my goals/high scores?

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated (Jake, Mike, Ryan). Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

karussellbremser

Aug 20, 2015
Sorry for digging out this thread, but I actually have the same question that is asked in this thread.

More specifically, I have always had the "Game Center save" option turned on in the iOS app. Thus, I could only see my completed goals with an internet connection. I want to go away from that so that everything is saved offline.
My fear now is that when turning off Game Center save, my progress data will be gone forever, since I don't know if it will reappear when I turn Game Center save on again later (maybe turning Game Center save off will delete the data saved on the Game Center server).

I have already backed up my data locally and remotely via the corresponding menu options. Will it work to back up my data remotely again when my Game Center progress is loaded, then turn Game Center save off and restore my remote progress data from the menu? Do I have to fear a loss of data with this procedure or not?

Thanks in advance! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts