Transformers / Tron Tables

Jimmy Gambrill

Mar 27, 2012
Would we have a chance of seeing these this year FarSight? The lights on the limited edition Tron look SO good. And obviously The Transformers table is a no brainer. Stern really went back to 80's and 90's gold with these two tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Would we have a chance of seeing these this year FarSight? The lights on the limited edition Tron look SO good. And obviously The Transformers table is a no brainer. Stern really went back to 80's and 90's gold with these two tables.

I'm hoping FarSight will announce some Stern tables within the next few months. The only one we have now is Ripley's and haven't heard of another Stern table since.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I enjoyed tron a lot. Haven't had the chance to play transformers. Visually the lighting on tron is really badass.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It would probably be a while before they come since they are S.A.M. tables, but I definitely want to see both Transformers and Tron (hopefully with the LE included). I was told that Farsight does have a few surprises concerning Stern. I couldn't be told what they were, but I'm under the impression that it is something to get excited about.

I should be playing Tron soon since there's a video game and pinball event in Chesapeake, VA, which isn't far from my Dad, which I will be going to with him on Saturday. I also found out the games come from an arcade specializing in Pinball in Grandy, NC, which isn't too far from my Dad either.

I was excited to finally play some more Stern games recently. Lord of the Rings rocks! I also got to play Pirates of the Caribbiean, which is also a lot of fun. Lord of the Rings might be a tough license, but hardware wise, telling from ipdb, it's the same as the already ported Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Last edited:

Jimmy Gambrill

Mar 27, 2012
It would probably be a while before they come since they are S.A.M. tables, but I definitely want to see both Transformers and Tron (hopefully with the LE included). I was told that Farsight does have a few surprises concerning Stern. I couldn't be told what they were, but I'm under the impression that it is something to get excited about.

I should be playing Tron soon since there's a video game and pinball event in Chesapeake, VA, which isn't far from my Dad, which I will be going to with him on Saturday. I also found out the games come from an arcade specializing in Pinball in Grandy, NC, which isn't too far from my Dad either.

I was excited to finally play some more Stern games recently. Lord of the Rings rocks! I also got to play Pirates of the Caribbiean, which is also a lot of fun. Lord of the Rings might be a tough license, but hardware wise, telling from ipdb, it's the same as the already ported Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Excuse my ignorance, what does S.A.M mean? And I read some where that FarSight wants to release simutaneously with Stern real life tables one day, so these tables could happen a lot sooner than you'd imagine.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Excuse my ignorance, what does S.A.M mean? And I read some where that FarSight wants to release simutaneously with Stern real life tables one day, so these tables could happen a lot sooner than you'd imagine.

Hi Jimmy

'SAM' is Stern's latest operating system - Replacing - I believe 'Whitestar' which I think they inherited from Sega.

I'm still looking for them to release some of the classic New Stern's (SAM and WS) before those of the last year or so: Would love to see LOTR (Lord of the Rings), FG (Family Guy) and Spiderman sooooooooon (Pleeeeease TPA ;) LOL)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Does SAM allow for more/better quality sound effects? Stern apparently had trouble with their Elvis table, since the limited space for sound required them to loop the songs, rather than play them in their entirety.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I know Zen are actually huge fans of Farsight, so while it probably won't happen (especially with some table assets possibly belonging to WB, the owners of DC comics), there is at least a slight bit of hope that they will let Farsight use the Marvel license.

Also, there was a claim on facebook that Judge Dredd is Marvel, but everything I looked up points to Rebellion owning the license. It's the copyright listed at the official site for the publisher for Judge Dredd comics, http://www.2000adonline.com/, and the copyright listed at GOG's page for the Judge Dredd vs. Judge Death game. Another interesting thing about Rebellion is that they also own the rights to the 21st Century published pinball games, including Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies (the iOS ports even say licensed from Rebellion on the title screen).

I don't know all that much about SAM, but from what I played of SAM tables, I'm guessing they do allow better quality sound effects. I noticed that they allow for movie clips, so they probably allow for longer songs, as well. I played Rolling Stones LE, but I couldn't hear all the music, but it seems to have quite a bit stored.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I know Zen are actually huge fans of Farsight, so while it probably won't happen (especially with some table assets possibly belonging to WB, the owners of DC comics), there is at least a slight bit of hope that they will let Farsight use the Marvel license.

Also, there was a claim on facebook that Judge Dredd is Marvel, but everything I looked up points to Rebellion owning the license. It's the copyright listed at the official site for the publisher for Judge Dredd comics, http://www.2000adonline.com/, and the copyright listed at GOG's page for the Judge Dredd vs. Judge Death game. Another interesting thing about Rebellion is that they also own the rights to the 21st Century published pinball games, including Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies (the iOS ports even say licensed from Rebellion on the title screen).

I don't know all that much about SAM, but from what I played of SAM tables, I'm guessing they do allow better quality sound effects. I noticed that they allow for movie clips, so they probably allow for longer songs, as well. I played Rolling Stones LE, but I couldn't hear all the music, but it seems to have quite a bit stored.

I can definitely say that Judge Dredd is not Marvel. I pretty much ignore the facebook page because of all the ignorant people posting nonsense constantly.

As for the Marvel license, I would say that it shouldn't be a hopeless issue. Zen has rights to produce new digital tables whereas Stern has licensing to build new physical tables. Zen would not be able to reproduce the physical tables in digital form since Farsight has those rights but as long as Zen did not secure any non-compete clause, Farsight would need only to secure the Marvel licesnes.

bailorgana

Sep 18, 2012
Spoke to Bobby at Comikaze about this, he said they are going working on a new deal with Stern, but there are a couple snags. Also, they SAM games will need a lot of new work for TPA. I wouldn't hold your breath... but damn, I would love to have Tron and AC/DC [which will almost certainly NOT happen he said].

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
Transformers is actually one of my top 3 favourite tables of all time. I play the actual machine all the time at a local arcade. One of Gomez's best designs!

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
I haven't played Transformers yet (the only TF pinball I have played was that Beast Wars game for Game Boy) but it should be obvious that I would want to see it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts