Stern Making A Cheaper Transformers Table

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Stern posted these pics on their Facebook page, so it looks like they will be producing a cheaper Transformers table...

ek3koh.jpg

35iolg7.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Aaaawww its so cute. That actually looks fun I wonder what the hardware is like inside. You know X-MEN is next. How much? What would you pay for it? Id buy it for $250 if it didnt break after a week and could be fixed when it eventually does.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, that looks like a toy made for a small man cave. Notice the lack of coin box. I'd pay $250. Not 3k.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
1. the price
2. its smaller in all respects to the original(s): 21.5" wide (vs 27"), 43" long (vs 55") and 64" high (vs 75.5"), basically a kids pin
3. altered playfield
4. no dmd
5. the price
6. the price

oh, did i mention the price yet??

edit: for comparison, the cheapest new transformers table is around $ 4975... and something tells me, if i had 3k to blow on a pin i'd also have 5k to blow on a pin

Last edited:

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
That's just f'ing silly. What pinhead would pay $3k for that over a classic 25 year old System 11?

And to call it "Affordable"? $3k?

What's the market for this table? Parents who make over $250k and need a good xmas present for their 13-year-old son since they blew a comparable amount of money on their daughter's pony and need to make up the difference?

I take back what I said in my other post about always choosing a real table over a video one. In this case, I'd go with TPA, hands down.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The old man has lost touch with reality, if your not moving product in this economy and its not the product thats slowing sales this is not a logical move at all. Who besides hardcore collectors are going to buy this? Family fun centers maybe, but this is almost insulting. I could see if every internet search for pinball directed you to this JOKE buuut thats not happening. If you even think about putting this in a MAN CAV you should have your MAN CARD ripped up. 120lbs. well atleast its portable:)

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
That's just f'ing silly. What pinhead would pay $3k for that over a classic 25 year old System 11?

And to call it "Affordable"? $3k?

What's the market for this table? Parents who make over $250k and need a good xmas present for their 13-year-old son since they blew a comparable amount of money on their daughter's pony and need to make up the difference?

I take back what I said in my other post about always choosing a real table over a video one. In this case, I'd go with TPA, hands down.

LOL :) Love it!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
When I saw the pics, I thought this has to be a joke. I sure hope the cost of pinball machines hasn't gone up so much that this piece of crap goes for $3,000.
The strategy is a sound one, though. If one stupid person buys just a single machine, Stern will instantly earn back it's entire production run. If they sell two, it's their most profitable machine ever.

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The strategy is a sound one, though. If one stupid person buys just a single machine, Stern will instantly earn back it's entire production run. If they sell two, it's their most profitable machine ever.

Is The Sharper Image still around? They could sell it through there, and in the SkyMall catalog. Products for people with more money than sense.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There was also a "affordable" version of The Dark Knight. Just for $3299.99 :D
http://www.pinballnews.com/news/batmanlite.html
At least this Batman is actually a scaled down Dark Knight - it still has the same DMD and layout, just fewer toys and probably cheaper components. Transformers is an absolute travesty. I hope it's a joke. It's not a whole lot better than those Zizzle (Pirates / Marvel) tables that sold for a few hundred dollars.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
At least this Batman is actually a scaled down Dark Knight - it still has the same DMD and layout, just fewer toys and probably cheaper components. Transformers is an absolute travesty. I hope it's a joke. It's not a whole lot better than those Pirates / Marvel tables that sold for a few hundred dollars.

My thoughts exactly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.