Duo Pinball Controller For iOS

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I hope TPA will have support for this in the near future... ;)
The Duo pinball controller, coming Fall 2012.

2py17o4.jpg

http://duo-games.com/products/duo-pinball

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's impossible. This ONLY works with the Pinball HD app. Apparently these only run with a single app, or apps from a single company. Very disappointing, but if you look at it, this wouldn't be that great for Pinball Arcade anyway. We'd want something with more buttons to press (like trolls bombs, or the Harley save, or magnasave in Black Knight).

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Perhaps FarSight needs to add support for the iCade controllers - I think they have side pinball buttons (it's a standard Bluetooth keyboard so all that needs to be done is add support).

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Nice idea, but it also needs an accelerometer for nudging. It's kind of annoying to still have to swipe the screen to nudge when a $1 piece of tech could replicate it by moving the stand/controller.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Nice idea, but it also needs an accelerometer for nudging. It's kind of annoying to still have to swipe the screen to nudge when a $1 piece of tech could replicate it by moving the stand/controller.

You would just have to set PA nudging to "shake" as use the iPads accelerometer.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Saw this in my local Target store tonight. Just letting people know if they are interested. (I'm not.)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Well we DO NEED something similar, i dnt care what it actualy looks like but we need some official support aswell, blutrol plus icade works pretty well but the formfactor is akward to say the least.

I dunno about an ipad rollcage but id settle for a dpad on the side to nudge.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
In their FAQ section it says,

Is Duo Pinball compatible with games other than the ones listed on duo-games.com/duopinball?
No, the Duo Pinball works exclusively with the games from Gameprom listed on the website. If more become available, we will update the list.

I’m a developer; can I use the Duo Pinball for my game?
No, the Duo Pinball works exclusively with Gameprom games. If you’re interested in using a controller for your games please email controllerdev@discoverybaygames.com

So Im not sure if they would even allow other games to support this controller?

Craig Grannell

Sep 30, 2012
I find the fragmenting of iOS game controllers baffling, and Duo's doing its best to continue the trend. I just had a little moan about this on my blog, if anyone's interested. And judging by Duo's FAQ, its cunning business plan isn't "help us add more value to our controllers" (something iCade's been quite good about doing), but "we can create a specific controller for your games too". Either that or their FAQ writer needs to be fired.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The plunger looks like it would be a bit awkward to use since it's only partially accessible on one side.

Fronzdan

Jun 19, 2012
Can't see the point of releasing controllers tied to a single company's apps. Daft.

Most likely Gameprom paid for exclusivity rights or even funded the development of this thing. Duo would never WANT to only work with one app....And certainly not with one that isnt as good as TPA. I'm sure they are hoping that this will give them leverage to negotiate compatibility with Farsight

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Except that their other controller only works with Gameloft games. They seem to just want to build controllers for a single company (which is weird).

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Except that their other controller only works with Gameloft games. They seem to just want to build controllers for a single company (which is weird).

Meh man for what it is i think its ok but useless without nudge

Icade is a huge boon to ipad as is icontroller at least at home...android unoffical compat too....without a way to shake nudge all formfactor are a no go

Only table of gameprom ive considered is the pinball arcade maybe some others but without a grudge...

Members online

Members online