cfbtl multiball pumps me up!

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
Anyone else really enjoy this multiball? The music, the strategy, the search for the girl...I find this extremely challenging to get the super jackpot and when I get it the points scored is worth it!

If you disagree, take a look at this video from the papa13 finals.

http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/papa/papa-13-final-game-creature-from-the-black-lagoon/

Spelling film and going for multiball seems to be the main objective in tournament play as well. Check out how Keith Elwin has a come from behind win on the third ball with hitting the super jackpot.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Its really fun, at first play of this game I found it boring with the left loop being so easy but now I see it as a FLOW ramp to keep the points and ball moving. The build up and extra chance make it nerve racking :)

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
the left ramp and center help buy you time to control the other ball and hit the targets you want too.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
...I find this extremely challenging to get the super jackpot and when I get it the points scored is worth it!
I like it too:

If you scored the 8th Super Jackpot, the 9th don't need more Jet hits than before,
it seems that 160 Jet hits are the limit if you want to light the super jackpot.

My best is 5 Super Jackpots in a row.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The trick is seeing how many super jackpots you can get in one multiball. I've gotten 3 before, and I was a wreck. Had to do 90+ bumper jets to lite the super at that point in my game. For me the part that totally makes me sweat is if the girl is hiding up the right capture lane. Don't know why, but that is the hardest shot on the table for me. Probably cause I have to let loose the ball I've had captured in the left flipper for an eternity! Usually smooth sailing once I find her though.

And yeah, I don't play any other shot on this table. Its all about getting FILM and then playing multiball.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I choke during this multiball constantly. How do u activate the super jackpot?

After you find the girl, jackpot lights up at the Snack Bar. Don't shoot it yet!! Shoot the creature ramp and keep doing so until you've got the 4x multiplier going, which works on ANY shot. Now shoot the jackpot as you'll be quadrupling whatever you've been hoarding up each time a pop bumper fired (you know, the dude in the trunk!). So if you've got 150,000,000 stored, jackpot will now be worth 600 million!

Okay, after that, you need to shoot the ball up the center lane and into those pop bumpers again, and you will see on the DMD that you have to hit them a certain number of times. I think it starts at 15 the first time, goes up every time you complete a super. Once you hit the bumpers the right amount of times, you'll here an audio cue, and the DMD will tell you super jackpot is ready. Shoot the Snack Bar, collect the super, which should be double whatever the jackpot was, or in my example, now 1.2 billion points. Now you get to do it all again, find the girl, rescue, jackpot, bumpers, and super, but not the 4x bonus as that holds until you lose multiball. That first jackpot? Now worth whatever the super was!

So you can see how points start going up ridiculously fast if you can string a few jackpots together. One note, and that is if you lose multiball and go back to collecting FILM to start another one, the next one you won't be able to get any multiplier going. It is only available again once you start a fresh ball, or if you never scored a jackpot to begin with.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
One note, and that is if you lose multiball and go back to collecting FILM to start another one, the next one you won't be able to get any multiplier going. It is only available again once you start a fresh ball, or if you never scored a jackpot to begin with.
The multiplier only locks out if you raised the multiplier to 4X on the previous multiball. If you raised it to 2X or 3X, or never raised it at all, you can raise it again.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
I think it starts at 15 the first time, goes up every time you complete a super.
20 bumpers for the first Super Jackpot, 40 for the second one, 60 for the third one
and 20 more for each addional one, with a limit of 160 bumpers for the 8th one.
Super Jackpot number nine,numb ten and so on "only" need 160 bumper hits, see
at my screenshot above.

I love this machine very much!

For me the part that totally makes me sweat is if the girl is hiding up the right capture lane.
Same here, but not because the right capture lane is more difficult than the left one, but it
can be a problem if the ball comes back and goes round the table it can disturb my other ball
when it comes back from the whirlpool.

I prefer it when the girl is in the center cave, because i search there first. This is very nice
after scoring the first Super Jackpot, just shoot the snack bar, find the girl, rescue her, Jackpot
and Super Jackpot, again and again and again.

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
FINALLY I managed to get the Super Jackpot in the game! It's challenging and far from easy, failed shots from the left flipper often result in quick drains followed by a Multiball restart and another fail. :)

I guess that when you are able to get the Super Jackpot consistently the game won't be much fun anymore (fortunately my skills are not good enough so I don't see this happen). In that case it's similar to the "Bride of Pinbot", it's all about the 1 Billion shot.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FINALLY I managed to get the Super Jackpot in the game! It's challenging and far from easy, failed shots from the left flipper often result in quick drains followed by a Multiball restart and another fail. :)

I guess that when you are able to get the Super Jackpot consistently the game won't be much fun anymore (fortunately my skills are not good enough so I don't see this happen). In that case it's similar to the "Bride of Pinbot", it's all about the 1 Billion shot.

Its very much like BoP. I don't even bother with any thing other than getting FILM, getting my 4x multiplier from the creature ramp, and then getting jackpots. Here's a hint for you, don't use the left flipper! The only shot you need to make with that flipper is the right capture lane. Absolutely every other shot can be made with the right flipper (yes, even the right ramp). Once you go into multiball, capture a ball in the left flipper and hold it until you absolutely need to shoot it, which could be a very long time. Basically I use it to either shoot the snack bar to regain multiball or to shoot the right capture lane if the girl wasn't in the other 2 spots. Only bummer about this method is it drains the battery on my controller something fierce!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
You can shoot the right capture with the right flipper with a flip pass to the left slingshot it bounces off right up there:) so you really CAN do every shot with the right flipper.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Its very much like BoP. I don't even bother with any thing other than getting FILM, getting my 4x multiplier from the creature ramp, and then getting jackpots. Here's a hint for you, don't use the left flipper! The only shot you need to make with that flipper is the right capture lane. Absolutely every other shot can be made with the right flipper (yes, even the right ramp). Once you go into multiball, capture a ball in the left flipper and hold it until you absolutely need to shoot it, which could be a very long time. Basically I use it to either shoot the snack bar to regain multiball or to shoot the right capture lane if the girl wasn't in the other 2 spots. Only bummer about this method is it drains the battery on my controller something fierce!
I'm gonna give this strategy a shot. I still haven't scored the super jackpot yet.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Thought I could give this one a go one or two days before the next pack(s) appear on PS3 because it's the last wizard goal of this table that I'm still missing... but I'm giving up for good now. Those stupid multiballs will always find a way to drain. Furthest I ever got was "There she is!!!", and that event is usually instantly followed by some silly outlane action.

Pfft, whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.