Why would AC/DC pinball be so expensive?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Im sure theres a good reason but can someone explain exactly why AC/DC pinball and other music tables would be "almost impossible" to licence, reason I ask is that Gameproms Pinball HD managed to licence both AC/DC and Slayer along with film franchises.

Obviously I'm a much bigger fan of Pinball Arcade which IMO is a far superior product, so could Farsight also not get the same licence with Sony Music (That's what it says on Pinball HD's licence page)

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
as far as i have seen the ac/dc pinball hd has the name licenced without any images besides the logo... the rl machine has the band on the backglass and on the playfield...

and regarding the music, i think that pinball hd has ac/dc covers (not really performed by ac/dc and without lyrics to boot), wehereas the rl pin has what, twelve whole ac/dc songs spanning throughout the bands career...

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If you look at the AC/DC and Slayer pinball games from Gameprom, you'll see that they aren't actually being sold by Gameprom, but Sony BMG Music Entertainment. It's my guess that they worked out a deal where Gameprom would make the table, and Sony BMG would sell it, making the music thing a non-issue (since Sony BMG owns the music, they don't need to license it to themselves).

Just a guess though.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If you look at the AC/DC and Slayer pinball games from Gameprom, you'll see that they aren't actually being sold by Gameprom, but Sony BMG Music Entertainment. It's my guess that they worked out a deal where Gameprom would make the table, and Sony BMG would sell it, making the music thing a non-issue (since Sony BMG owns the music, they don't need to license it to themselves).
This has the potential to be one hell of a PS3 exclusive.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.