Pinball injuries

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I was remembering a long time ago, at school actually, a guy was wailing on a clapped out pin we had.

He whacked the glass hard with the flat of his hand, smashed it and severely cut his wrist to the point where he was rushed by the headmaster to the local hospital trailing blood through corridors.

I was wondering whether anyone else had done anything similar....

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I've never done anything like that, but after playing pinball in a museum for an entire day my wrists were nearly too sore to bend from all than nudging.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
in the 90's i was playing ALOT of pinball machines IRL (4-7 hours a day 5 days a week). i think i was developing carpel tunnel syndrome. i dont play much pinball IRL anymore so i can't say if it was permanent.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I'm starting to get carpel tunnel again! Just stretch your hands back for a few minutes take a break when balls are in the plunger. I just bought a pinball machine today and Im sure Im going to cut or burn a digit eventually just hope its not my flipper fingers:)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
You guys are lucky having the chance to get pinball injuries, best I can hope for is tired eyes from staring at my ipad for too long!. I have more chance of seeing a Dinosaur than a pinball table in my area.

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
I used to get blisters on my thumbs.. against the metal strip holding the glass in.

They eventually toughened up and became nice Calluses.. until they faded when I stoped playing on real machines.

Now I get quite sore fingertips pressing the glass on my Android tablet.. I still think pressing harder will have an effect.. not that it had any effect on a real machine. Funny how our brains work.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.