iOS - Bug Bud gets stuck in the raised position

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
During Ripoff multiball, Bud routinely gets stuck in the raised position, blocking access to the center ramp. You'll see "Shoot centre ramp for jackpot" in the DMD, but that shot is impossible with him blocking the way. He'll jiggle around a bit when he talks, but he'll stay stuck in the raised position until the start of the next ball.

This seems like a ROM bug: hits on Bud do register and award the Bud/Buzz value. But I'm fairly sure that mechanically Bud and Buzz are just big drop targets. Hitting them should *always* lower them.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I was watching the PAPA NGG tutorial and he explained that after a certain point more than two shots up the center ramp will cause the gopher to raise and block the ramp, so you have to shoot twice up the ramp, than shoot anything else, then two up the ramp, anything else, ect. I think i think its the way the ROM is programmed, not a bug.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I was watching the PAPA NGG tutorial and he explained that after a certain point more than two shots up the center ramp will cause the gopher to raise and block the ramp, so you have to shoot twice up the ramp, than shoot anything else, then two up the ramp, anything else, ect. I think i think its the way the ROM is programmed, not a bug.

I'm aware of that rule, but I don't think this is what's going on here. No other shots will lower Bud and give access to the ramp; the only thing you can do is drain.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It's a ROM bug.

I had this happen (Bud stuck up) and during ball search (see my sick iOS table thread) and during the ball search, Bud clearly went down, then popped back up every time. It's not a drop target, it's on a solenoid and the ROM controls whether it's up or down. During ball search, the ROM clearly indicated Bud was up bring bringing it down, popping it back up and jerking (power coil) in case a ball was stuck, dropping it down, then popping it back up as it moved on to try other solenoids that might be jamming the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.