IS it next week yet?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
October 16 , PSN North America store , another potential update , and 2 more tables !!! Harley Davidson and Taxi (honk honk ) .

I hope that these tables sell better than previous DLCs , and that FarSight recognises a need to do more car/vehicle pack DLC.
Roadshow , HighSpeed 1 and 2 , F-14 , Space Shuttle ,and whatever they can add to the game . In any case I can't wait to take another ride with Taxi and check out the lighting on PS3 with both tables.

I cant wait for NGG and EATPM either.Halloween Night

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Thing I am looking forward to most is seeing if our update next week does anything to improve Black Knight. Quite a great month though getting two tables next week and two more two weeks after that.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
A 1 week gap between DLC's:) and my birthday in between on the 19th Thank You FARSIGHT.
4 more tables for a total of 16 lets get some tournaments going.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thing I am looking forward to most is seeing if our update next week does anything to improve Black Knight. Quite a great month though getting two tables next week and two more two weeks after that.

I agree. I hope they have a Black Knight fix included with the next table pack.

As much as I want to keep buying tables the second they appear on PSN I may have to slow it down a bit and see how the quality is.
I don't want to show them I will blindly buy everything (even though I want to!). :p

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Seems they are following the bug fixes time table that they do on the tab and phone device schedule. Going by that I don't see anything in the way of fixes coming anytime soon for PS3.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Seems they are following the bug fixes time table that they do on the tab and phone device schedule. Going by that I don't see anything in the way of fixes coming anytime soon for PS3.

I've seen updates with each and every table pack release so far correct me if Im mistaken? Your pessimisim is showing.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It doesn't cost FS to patch or update firmware for PS3 so we might see 2 updates 1 for trophy support for next DLCs and minor tweeks and the next addressing bugs from next 2 DLCs:) We had bugs every DLC correct me if Im mistaken :)

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
It doesn't cost FS to patch or update firmware for PS3 so we might see 2 updates 1 for trophy support for next DLCs and minor tweeks and the next addressing bugs from next 2 DLCs:) We had bugs every DLC correct me if Im mistaken :)

Bugs go with the territory of all games , I ask you to name one game that you play that is flawless and perfect ? When you code across multiple platforms and use the code of one platform to base all the other versions on. It's going to happen , esp. the PS3 .

It took over 500 people
t bug test a FPS last July for testing during a month , with everybody doing glitch tests and just playing daily with 3 revisions (patches) to test over that time period.

I'll bet the game is still released next month with some of the flaws and balance issues we reported . FarSight does not have near the resources we did testing the next big budget first person shooter for the holidays . They must have 5-6 major platforms to test , and time is never on their side.

Also paying someone to check , bug test , and perfect a patch is costing them money , and time away from making the new tables and bug testing those . Each new table introduces new profits and keeps the game going . How many of us would have moved on if the game was 4 tables and nothing else ?

What I'm saying is: cut them some slack?

Last edited:

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012

How about NO? I'll cut them some slack when they release an update that fixes the input lag ..... and maybe when they start QA testing their patches. When I pay for a product I expect it to work. If the flippers don't work ..... the game is broken regardless of how many DLC packs they release without communicating with us or even acknowledging these **** issues.

Baintz

May 25, 2012
Is there a release schedule for the DLC packs in Europe? Really hoping pack 3 arrives tomorrow.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Bugs go with the territory of all games , I ask you to name one game that you play that is flawless and perfect ? When you code across multiple platforms and use the code of one platform to base all the other versions on. It's going to happen , esp. the PS3 .

It took over 500 people
t bug test a FPS last July for testing during a month , with everybody doing glitch tests and just playing daily with 3 revisions (patches) to test over that time period.

I'll bet the game is still released next month with some of the flaws and balance issues we reported . FarSight does not have near the resources we did testing the next big budget first person shooter for the holidays . They must have 5-6 major platforms to test , and time is never on their side.

Also paying someone to check , bug test , and perfect a patch is costing them money , and time away from making the new tables and bug testing those . Each new table introduces new profits and keeps the game going . How many of us would have moved on if the game was 4 tables and nothing else ?

I think many of us have been cutting them slack. When game art like on Black Knight is posted right out of the gate, they kind of kill the good will or the consumer.

I was late to the TPA party, but I have bought everything so far released. I'll probably skip this table pack unless some fixes are addressed on the tables I already own. The next table I really want is the Elvira ones and Twilight Zone. Those may get purchased depending on what happens with this last pack. As it is, it makes no sense to buy a table pack the week of release since history shows that they're not going to work right until at least one patch.

Since they are crammed for time and resources, maybe they should release the tables as beta demos to those who have purchased the game and first two track packs, with a playing cap at a certain time limit. That should catch most of the game breaking bugs prior to release. Then when the packs come out, they could activate leader boards and trophy support, etc. Probably not a feasible solution seeing how idiotic Sony is with the PSN submissions, but I can't think of any other way to improve what is going on. As it is right now, despite their hard work and love of the game, it feels like they are releasing packs to the wild blindly and hoping for the best/expecting the purchasers to do the play testing.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
@ Ruz EL , Black Knight was a freebie with my Creature From the Black Lagoon table , as far as Im concerned , it would be nice if they fixed it so it I'd like playing more of it. But , even since testing on PS2 with the Williams Collection . that table ranks as my least favorite table recreated by F.S. . It's got SDTD (straight down the drain) issues, it's ugly even for a old table , and sounds obnoxious when you play it. The medieval knights theme was covered by Medieval Madness and it doesnt get any better than that.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I'm looking forward to TAXI. Harley isn't as bad as some say. I've played the demo version on my android and there are many multiball options on that table from what I can tell. Again based on the demo though. Wish no good golfers wasn't so easy to get the max level on the demo. I can score that pretty conisitently real fast. Hardly any time to play the table that much even to try it. no I don't want to just purchase it. The screen is too small even on my samsung galaxy s III/

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I see some people playing up to Farsight and others dead against them.. I guess I fall somewhere in the middle.

I'm certainly a fan of the games, but the bugs have been frustrating and much more than what I am used to (at least on the PS3) and I play a lot of games!

I don't want to start a Zen Vs TPA, but to be honest, Zen's latest tables have been solid. Plants Vs Zombies for instance has not needed a single update and plays great.
In addition there are a ton of features and options that have gone into it. From the online multi-player co-op (with video chat) to the Stereoscopic 3D video support.

It's my hope that Farsight can get all the kinks worked out and continue to deliver some more great pinball tables.

I don't consider Black Knight to be a free table tacked onto the purchase of TCFTBL. I actually enjoy BK more than that.
The fact that it was better on WPHOF is a little disappointing.

I would hope they treat each and every classic pinball table with as much respect as the next.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i'm ready to play harley davidson. i have played it before IRL and enjoyed it. it's one of the few tables that i can actually pull off a death save. i already have taxi on PHOF the williams collection. and i'm happy with that version. same as MEDIEVAL MADNESS. which is why i didnt buy that table pack.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
In the old PHOF, Medieval Madness slowed down considerably during Multiball with 3+ balls. In TPA it plays great and it looks gorgeous, definitely a table one should not miss.

I am in the same boat as Sinistar, the latest pack is worth for "Creature" alone and I played it a lot lately, still trying to get the Super Jackpot. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts