Request Any timeframe on making high-detail table models available.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I have been following this thread in the General forum:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2030-TPA-Android-vs-iOS

Carl Spiby raised a valid question that iOS does have better clarity and graphic fanciness. This is undoubtably due to the Retina display, and the insane resolution that screen supports.

I remember reading the fix list in the Android 1.4.2 thread and Ryan snuck in a line that has resparked my interest:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...rsion-1-4-2-Bugs?p=23544&viewfull=1#post23544

In particular:

-I am also sneaking in higher quality models to every table updated so that soon I can enable the option to turn your model complexity up.

I'm very curious to learn whether this feature is closer to release than we think, or if Farsight is delaying this feature until more tables are released. Or perhaps waiting until our Kickstarter tables hit the platform?

Hopefully this information is not commercial in-confidence, and us Android folk can look forward to similar shininess our iOS mobile brethren are enjoying.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
its hard to tell, I am the android team after all ;) and they have me doing other things in the background. I am hoping that once we revamp the front end and implement some other features I will be able to finish off the last of them. I will need Jason to go through a few bugs on the old tables that were never touched as well ((like medieval madness).

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I am the android team

So there is an "I" in "Team" after all :)

Looking forward to the new features, new bugfixes and improved artwork (although I guess I'll have to fetch a new phone or eventually a tablet to make use of it).

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Go team Android! With a Nexus 7 now, I'd love to see higher resolution models. Now I get to experience the fun and frustration of meeting the goals again and building up my top scores list on that device.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
its hard to tell, I am the android team after all ;) and they have me doing other things in the background. I am hoping that once we revamp the front end and implement some other features I will be able to finish off the last of them. I will need Jason to go through a few bugs on the old tables that were never touched as well ((like medieval madness).

Well there you go! I thought you headed the Android wing. I had no idea you were the only dev! Epic achievement!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
So there is an "I" in "Team" after all :)

Looking forward to the new features, new bugfixes and improved artwork (although I guess I'll have to fetch a new phone or eventually a tablet to make use of it).

547077_10150849117791863_269874862_n.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.