Twilight Zone and Android beta testing.

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
I have been wondering this. Since one of the kickstarter reward is early beta tester. How does this affect the current android beta testing cycle? Would the beta testing be available only to whose who paid for the reward or will the TZ kickstarter beat testing begin much earlier than usual and we normal forks would get beta APK just days before official release?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I don't know if us "normal' beta testers will actually get the TZ beta. I hope we do eventually, because the more eyes that scrutinize the build before release the better. Particularly one as advanced as TZ. Ditto for ST:TNG

karl

May 10, 2012
I have nothing against it personally(and I payed for it). Especially if those who payed have a chance to beta test it on xbox, pc or playstation 3, but it would be very strange if you pay 500$ to beta test and then everybody get to do it at the same time on the same system. Let's just say I wouldn't put beta testing at that tier on their next kickstarter if that were to happen. Hope they figure out a way. I agree the more beta testers the better. I do not know what the easiest platform for delivering beta test is but if the pc build is finished I guess that would be pretty easy. (no Microsoft, Sony or Apple to put sticks in their wheel)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Testing on a 360 or PS3 is a no-go. It'll likely be iOS and Android testing, and maybe PC if they have a way to distribute it then.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
360 isn't a definite no (I mean Rock Band managed it with the Rock Band Network) it's just very very unlikely.

Problem is, creating an open beta test is silly and pointless and super expensive; they'd have to basically create an extra subscription based service to recruit beta testers... for the purpose of ONE table. The Rock Band Network worked because it was dealing with potentially 40+ tracks coming in for review every week, it needed loads of beta testers to make it possible for songs to go through... easing the workload of the staff so they could concentrate on other things.

Considering Farsight do closed beta tests in the offices anyway; and there never seems to be more than two tables being tested at any one time given the way their production line works... opening it up to the public that way would be pretty pointless. The final nail in the coffin is that beta testing would ultimately require a title update too so that the game could recognize beta tables... but considering we need the data from completed tables in order to create the patches to allow the tables working... it's not going to happen.

karl

May 10, 2012
I know there is a beta test program available for IOS. And android is no problem but I would really like to test it on the pc. Should be easy to set up even if they don't have a deal with steam yet. you do not need a large distribution net to send out 15 beta copies. (if the pc build is finished that is) Anyway, Interesting to see what route they will choose

Members online

Members online