Dissapointed

IPB

Oct 10, 2012
Hey all, just want to say how dissapointed and angry I am over the lack of support for this game. Firstly, almost every table is full of bugs which has completely removed the replay value aswell as the competitive thrive (leaderboards are messed up). We ask for one simple thing 'support the game', we have helped by dipping into our wallets I think its about time you owe us. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon or falling these excuses... There is always an excuse! Whether it be Microsoft or development... Perhaps you guys should have done more research because quite frankly you're not cut out for it, just another case of greedy lazy developers who care nothing more than themselves. I have certainly abandoned ship.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
[...]just another case of greedy lazy developers who care nothing more than themselves. I have certainly abandoned ship.

Sad that FS seem to have lost a customer. Glad that this isn't only your first but your last post here, though. Oh, and BTW: This isn't an official forum from FarSight, this is a fan forum...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
A software company that charges an average of $2.50 per table for unlimited play and whose developers take time out of their day to respond to questions and comments here is considered greedy and lazy? I must remember to give my local pub hell for being much worse then, for charging me $4.50 per drink and not bringing the kitchen staff out so I can ask them questions about how my dinner was prepared! Oh the horror of it all!

Sarcasm aside, if you're going to criticize FS and/or TPA here, that's fine - quite a bit of criticism goes on here, believe it or not - but it needs to be the constructive sort of criticism or you're not going to last long. This is not the Facebook page where you can spew whatever bull you want and go (mostly) unpunished for it.

Darquayle

Sep 29, 2012
I've been reading these posts for a few weeks but this is my first post, so hopefully this comes out with the right amount of enthusiasm.

I've played a lot of pinball, have owned a Gottlieb Rock since '91 and had fun with Virtual and Future pinball on the PC. I'm now using the iPad exclusively to play PA. Personally, this product has no rivals on this platform. It is the only one I've seen that tries to provide an authentic experience to playing the real versions of the same games. I've spent around $40 to play 16 virtual versions of real games. And for me, the minor glitches are minimal compared to the enjoyment. My only request is to keep them coming. I'll gladly throw another $40 for 16 more tables. New or old, just make them based upon real machines and you've got me interested.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
A shame this forum turned into pinballarcaderabidfans.com

Woof woof

Signing up just to tell farsight they are **** is a douche move.

Its not as if we dont debate bugs faults and criticisms.

Hes not actually telling farsight anyhow but the fans

Says so on the tin

I dont mind if thats the guys opinion but it is and should be a waste of breath here at least in such harsh dickish terms

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've been reading these posts for a few weeks but this is my first post, so hopefully this comes out with the right amount of enthusiasm.

I've played a lot of pinball, have owned a Gottlieb Rock since '91 and had fun with Virtual and Future pinball on the PC. I'm now using the iPad exclusively to play PA. Personally, this product has no rivals on this platform. It is the only one I've seen that tries to provide an authentic experience to playing the real versions of the same games. I've spent around $40 to play 16 virtual versions of real games. And for me, the minor glitches are minimal compared to the enjoyment. My only request is to keep them coming. I'll gladly throw another $40 for 16 more tables. New or old, just make them based upon real machines and you've got me interested.

Welcome to the forum. Your post pretty my sums up how I feel about TPA, yes there are plenty of bugs but they are mostly easily outweighed by the enjoyment I've had from the game. Yes occaisionally my frustration at a glaringly obvious bug gets the better of me and I'll have a little rant on here but I soon realise I've never had this much enjoyment and value out of a game, ever. Really, the number of hours I've put into it is quite staggering and while I still buy other games for my ipad every week because they are so cheap most of them are quickly shelved while I get back to TPA. Most of the bugs are minor annoyances I can pretty much ignore ( bar for reporting them on here and to support@tpa ) except for the few bugs on Cirqus Voltaire which I just can't ignore ( and frequently rant on here about :D ) because they make the table unplayable.

karl

May 10, 2012
Glad to see you here Darquayle. You are off to a great start ;) Good first post. Agree on all points

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Hey all, just want to say how dissapointed and angry I am over the lack of support for this game. Firstly, almost every table is full of bugs which has completely removed the replay value aswell as the competitive thrive (leaderboards are messed up). We ask for one simple thing 'support the game', we have helped by dipping into our wallets I think its about time you owe us. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon or falling these excuses... There is always an excuse! Whether it be Microsoft or development... Perhaps you guys should have done more research because quite frankly you're not cut out for it, just another case of greedy lazy developers who care nothing more than themselves. I have certainly abandoned ship.

thnx for sharing

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
If you knew how much this company cares about the quality they put into this unique product, you'd be ashamed of your post. Because I am . The game is enjoyable for light gamers and not people with unrealistic expectations of perfection. It's very easy to come in half cocked full of yourself , but you have no clue about how hard these guys work to please fans and still keep their company afloat . Name another product FarSight is developing? They have all their staff working on this single game and to make it for every device you can buy games on is a monumental task . People like me appreciate the little things like a unique game that recreates all those magnificent pinball machines I could never play . I dont care for your post and Im glad you aren't planning on staying, that's one less jerk for me to ignore.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
A shame this forum turned into pinballarcaderabidfans.com
Not at all. If we were rabid fans, we would have removed all the negative voices a long time ago, including yours. Your continued existence here undermines your own point.

I've been reading these posts for a few weeks but this is my first post, so hopefully this comes out with the right amount of enthusiasm...
Welcome Darquayle. You certainly picked an interesting thread to debut on. Just so you know, there's not a minimum enthusiasm requirement here...at least not one that Gord has let me in on. ;)

And it's perfectly OK to level criticism at the game; just be civil about it and be prepared to back up your assertions with facts and/or suggestions on what should have been done differently. We do it all the time. Sometimes if there's sufficient interest in the question one of the developers will give a response, like how Mike just did on why TPA DLC tables require title updates to be fully functional, even though that makes the DLC process more difficult.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Complaints about the game are fine, as long as they're written well, and offer some constructive criticism. While this is a fan site, it's not a "blind fan" site, or "rabid fan" site.

I had someone report the original post and ask it to be removed, but I'm not going to do that. It was a poor way to introduce yourself to the forum, but the "community" here has taken care of it.

And, to Darquayle, welcome to the forum. Happy to have you here.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Im always ****ing disappointed but im a morse irish mofo ....i can get certain peoples rants and raves... Hell they forgive mine but this was just a crap on my news paper....

Very distinct personalities gathered for one game or simulation...its more like a local bar..screw the night clubs we got balls n drink n alotta fire!

Im disaapointed i didnt make sense

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Complaints about the game are fine, as long as they're written well, and offer some constructive criticism. While this is a fan site, it's not a "blind fan" site, or "rabid fan" site.

I had someone report the original post and ask it to be removed, but I'm not going to do that. It was a poor way to introduce yourself to the forum, but the "community" here has taken care of it.

And, to Darquayle, welcome to the forum. Happy to have you here.

Exactly. Everyone who pays for a product and has problems with it should be able to voice their issues. regardless of the price.

Some of have have bought everything they have put out so far, as well as donating to both KS'ers. It's all about asking and not demanding.
If something doesn't work right you should let them know, but being respectful should always be the way of going about it.

I think we all agree that Farsight is passionate about their pinball games and they aren't purposely adding bugs or avoiding trying to fix them.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
With the exception of Monster Bash how are the leaderboards messed up? Working just fine with me I'm top 20 on a few tables.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts