Pleasantly surprised by the new Sterns

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I didn't rate the newer Stern tables but after actually playing them (Family Guy, Transformers, Iron Man and X-Men) they're extremely nice tables. Nice strong flippers, bright lights and interesting objectives.

I hope TPA can strike some kind of deal with Stern to get the newer tables released.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah, I recently found a Transformers table around town. That thing has me quite baffled. I love it! It's a refreshing change to the Spider-man table that I've been beating on.

N

Nik Barbour

I was surprised to like them as much as I did (went to same play.expo as Carl).
I was a bit of a Williams snob many years ago.
Family Guy was awesome, fealt really nice quality and flippers were good and strong with nice control.
Transformers was great - wish I could have heard more of the table sounds. That expo was deafening!

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I like the newer Stern tables!
Played some Spiderman a couple of days ago and loved it! AC/DC and The Dark Knight were also nice.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
A lot of the newer Sterns, such as LOTR, TSPP, and ACDC are just as good, if not better, than the B/W classics from the '90s, and I haven't even had a chance to play Tron (though soon will), FG, Iron Man, Spider-Man, DK, XM, and TF, all of which look like they could equal, or surpass, their previous best efforts. The next Stern is supposed to use a WOZ-style LCD screen. Let's hope it's put to better use than the WOZ demo (though that might just be a placeholder).

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
AC/DC, Spiderman, Family Guy, Iron Man, and Pirates of the Caribbean are probably the best of the post-Whitestar games. Transformers and X-Men just have too many damn flashing lights going all the time. I'm not sure how I feel about Batman Dark Knight yet. I've not played Tron or Avatar.

With the exception of Iron Man, all have rulesets ranging from merely complex to horribly intricate, and the rule cards aren't much help, so do yourself a favor and watch the corresponding PAPA video before playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts