Marvel Civil War announced from Zen

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I want to like Zen's tables, I really do. I just don't like their rulesets. Maybe if they had decent instructions like TPA does, I'd like the rulesets more. As it is, the only thing I get out of the tables is "hit all ramps."

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Zen is fun, but Marvel again???
They are milking their Marvel rights way too much!

I don't know, I'm more apt to buy one of their Marvel tables than anything else. For instance, I haven't bought Mars, Epic Quest, Street Fighter, Ninja Gaiden (though after playing the demo, I really don't think I'd ever buy it), or the original Marvel pack nor the Avengers pack. What can I say, TPA has done a real good job of taking my money instead! But still, those 2 Marvel packs are tops on my list of what I want before I buy Plants vs. Zombies. Just something more appealing, especially story wise than the others. And since Zen's rule sets are somewhat cryptic, piecing together the story tends to get me farther on the table.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I want to like Zen's tables, I really do. I just don't like their rulesets. Maybe if they had decent instructions like TPA does, I'd like the rulesets more. As it is, the only thing I get out of the tables is "hit all ramps."
With their Marvel tables, the key to scoring big is to successfully complete the modes (missions) and multi-balls. This can be difficult, since you often have to hit a certain target several times to open it for mode start (and if you lose a ball, the hit count resets).

As for this release, is this another pack, or is it just a lone table?

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Zen is fun, but Marvel again???
Well they did just release PvZ table but yeah I could've used a much longer break from Marvel. I happen to enjoy many of their other tables. Though I wouldn't say no to a 4th wall-breaking Deadpool table.
As for this release, is this another pack, or is it just a lone table?
Haven't watched teaser vid yet but read Zen's announcement and was wondering the same thing. A Marvel 4-pack would probably sell very well with holidays coming up.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Its a single table release, but you choose sides at the start of the game between Iron Man and Cap America. Depending on who you chose, different goals and scoring is implemented. Sounds kinda like Transformers, picking Decepticon or Autobot at the beginning of play.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I really like the Zen tables, especially the Plants Vs. Zombies table (even though the games tend to last 2+ hours each).

I would rather see them following the trend of basing their tables on popular games. Can you imagine how cool a Metal Slug table would be?!

Oh you can? :p

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Its a single table release, but you choose sides at the start of the game between Iron Man and Cap America. Depending on who you chose, different goals and scoring is implemented. Sounds kinda like Transformers, picking Decepticon or Autobot at the beginning of play.
One thing Zen is good at is ripping off the latest gimmicks Stern unleashes. I wonder if they will start using full color displays instead of the faux-DMD animations.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I can't stand the dmd on zen pinball. i've maximized the size and still can barely see it.

Are you playing on ipad 3? I noticed the small dmd when moving from ipad 2 to 3. Its the same with the name entry popup and the near useless ' tick ' feature activation popup ( what a stupid design! )

Piccalilli

Oct 13, 2012
I like both games. If Zen hadn't roused my interest in pinball and given me the incentive to learn the game, I'd never have gotten into TPA at all. I lean towards the non-Marvel tables slightly, but I'm interested in getting another Marvel pack and a couple more single tables.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Are you playing on ipad 3? I noticed the small dmd when moving from ipad 2 to 3. Its the same with the name entry popup and the near useless ' tick ' feature activation popup ( what a stupid design! )
I am on the iPad 3.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I wish Zen would slow down with all of the Marvel themed tables though. I think they should have stopped with The Avengers. Plants Vs. Zombies was a nice break, but it didn't last long enough!

Again, I'd love to see more game themed tables, Doom, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, etc.. They should team up with more game companies and make epic tables.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Bought Civil War and I quite like it so far. It's harder than most PFX2 tables, I like that!
But hopefully we won't see any new Marvel tables soon!

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Bought Civil War and I quite like it so far. It's harder than most PFX2 tables, I like that!
But hopefully we won't see any new Marvel tables soon!

Yeah, certainly seems tougher - Haven't figured out how to finesse the ball yet so usually just end up mostly mashing the flippers... Haven't even cracked 20M yet... :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.