Table Pack #5 And #6 On Vita/PS3 Delayed

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
From Facebook,

This just in! Unfortunately, the PSVita patch that enables the download of table pack 5 and 6 failed SCEA’s approval due to a library update. The issue has been fixed and re-submitted. Unfortunately we will be delaying the release of those two packs in North America. At Sony’s suggestion (because of cross-platform entitlements), we are delaying the PS3 update until we can release the Vita version as well. We will keep you posted and announce new release dates when we get them.

Edit: Pack #6 is now scheduled for tomorrow (Oct./30) and Pack #5 will also come either tomorrow or the next week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/29/party-with-elvira-in-the-pinball-arcade-tomorrow/

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Hopefully some of that extra time will be used in play testing so it will ship mostly bug free...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hopefully some of that extra time will be used in play testing so it will ship mostly bug free...

Is that the way it works? Or is it when you submit, that is exactly what gets put up? To me this sounds like getting a letter returned cause you didn't have the right postage on, so you slap another stamp on and off it goes, no time for stuffing in extras.

I'm fine with this btw, I can wait. Just wishing it wouldn't affect the releases coming after. Maybe 3 releases in one month can happen?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
There is no guarantee of a bug free game whatsoever , they cannot find every possible flaw that we encounter , there is only 8 hours a day to work , and they do not hook up every type of PS3 with multiple types of displays , nor is there a magic program that runs over the game program and checks it for flaws before being stamped approved. If you can think of a way that does not cost more unproductive useage of payrole and time , that any company can reasonably test for every single problem possible within 3 months development time , hey ? lets hear it.

I can think of one myself, all FarSight Employees should have Playstation 3s and X Box 360s' they can borrow to test out new patches when they aren't working at their job. FarSight can give them a bonus for finding gamebreaking bugs.

Besides the PS Store format changed , that's the delay , they have to use the new format but the patch itself is not flagged for having a flaw, just has to be in the new format.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
There is no guarantee of a bug free game whatsoever , they cannot find every possible flaw that we encounter , there is only 8 hours a day to work , and they do not hook up every type of PS3 with multiple types of displays , nor is there a magic program that runs over the game program and checks it for flaws before being stamped approved. If you can think of a way that does not cost more unproductive useage of payrole and time , that any company can reasonably test for every single problem possible within 3 months development time , hey ? lets hear it.

I can think of one myself, all FarSight Employees should have Playstation 3s and X Box 360s' they can borrow to test out new patches when they aren't working at their job. FarSight can give them a bonus for finding gamebreaking bugs.

Besides the PS Store format changed , that's the delay , they have to use the new format but the patch itself is not flagged for having a flaw, just has to be in the new format.

I thought I heard the new PlayStation Store upgrade was currently just for the PS3. The PS3 version passed and the Vita was the problem.

Edit:Here is a link to where they say the change is only for the PS3. So I wouldn't put the blame on Sony or the store change
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/11/new-playstation-store-coming-october-23rd/#comment-767024

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I thought I heard the new PlayStation Store upgrade was currently just for the PS3. The PS3 version passed and the Vita was the problem.

I believe it has to do with the PSN Store change , which MIGHT be a change to both PS3 and Vita stores. Or when they made the Vita DLC pack it was done for the old PS3 store format , which is about to change . So it's all educated guessing on my part . The unnerving thing about the announcement is there is no mention of how long they expect it to be delayed.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
though this is a slight bummer, i'm okay with it. i'm fairly patient most of the time.
anyways i was just starting to discover that RBION is sorta fun (i did not like it before) and these table packs would of serverly cut into my gameplay of RBION, especially the elvira tables.

hopefully the delays wont be so long.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Edited in a link to what I was going on about in the post above.

It is quite scary they said they are delaying both pack 5 and 6. If it was just dropping back a week why would they delay the 6th pack in 2 weeks as well? Unless they just want spacing between.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Edited in a link to what I was going on about in the post above.

It is quite scary they said they are delaying both pack 5 and 6. If it was just dropping back a week why would they delay the 6th pack in 2 weeks as well? Unless they just want spacing between.

All they said was that the issue has been fixed and resubmitted. Meaning that it will be available whenever Sony approves it. If it is true that it was Sony's fault, maybe they will be nice and approve it sooner rather than later. So, it is possible that it will be available next week, but it is also possible that it will be delayed a month. Only time will tell . . .

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Is that the way it works? Or is it when you submit, that is exactly what gets put up? To me this sounds like getting a letter returned cause you didn't have the right postage on, so you slap another stamp on and off it goes, no time for stuffing in extras.

I'm fine with this btw, I can wait. Just wishing it wouldn't affect the releases coming after. Maybe 3 releases in one month can happen?

One would think that when you submit that is what you get in the PSN store. Farsight can't exactly submit something that they deemed ready for sale, then ask Sony if they can have it back to work out bugs. That doesn't sound to professional from a gaming company if you ask me and how could Sony ever trust that same company that they would not do that again in future DLC submissions.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Didnt seem to be a problem with releasing VITAs DLC and not PS3 the first time! This is SONY being SONY. Suggesting.....More like still trying to push VITA sales as hard as they can. If you call for any tech support the last thing they try to do is sale you on a VITA asking if youve seen it,played it with a happy excited tone in thier voice, I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle every ounce of fake enthusiasm out of them and say IM NOT PAYING THE SAME PRICE AS A PS3 FOR THIS S**T!!!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
In Sony's defense, I have knowledge from a developer, who wishes to remain anonymous, that Sony had sent out library changes for the new PSN Store makeover
WEEKS ago....Just a bit sick of hearing all of the blame placed on "Big Gaming".

Farsight screwed up and that's OK.. They are human and crap happens.

It may delay my flow of money to Farsight, but It won't stop me from buying the tables.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In Sony's defense, I have knowledge from a developer, who wishes to remain anonymous, that Sony had sent out library changes for the new PSN Store makeover
WEEKS ago....Just a bit sick of hearing all of the blame placed on "Big Gaming".

Farsight screwed up and that's OK.. They are human and crap happens.

It may delay my flow of money to Farsight, but It won't stop me from buying the tables.

Farsight also submitted these tables weeks ago, so they may have gotten the changes too late.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
FarSight may screw up quite often and while that is quite frustrating, the product they put out is usually pretty great, so I can wait.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Farsight also submitted these tables weeks ago, so they may have gotten the changes too late.

True, I guess it depends how long it's been in submission, etc..

Hopefully they will add the video previews back to PSN. Those still pics are ugly and do the game no justice!
Sony has trailers on almost every movie in the PSN Video Store, but more and more games on PSN are resorting to slideshows.
It makes more sense to be the reverse. Oh and a Wishlist so we can add games we want to buy at some point in the future.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm really regretting dipping my toes into the Facebook waters about this subject. Right now there's some idiot saying FarSight took the cheap and quick way of developing by doing ROM emulation (this after I tried to explain briefly why Zen can do their updates because they're not doing emulation as discussed on a different thread here) and because they're introducing this into a digital format, there is no need for ROMs! I swear its like banging your head into a wall repeatedly! Anyway, I've tried guiding people to this site for better explanations, and I'm trying to be a good emissary by not lashing out, and a few others have chimed in with very civil tones, but its tough.

If any of you are interested in where this is happening, its the comment section of FarSight's announcement of the Sony delay over on Facebook. See if your blood pressure rises too!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm really regretting dipping my toes into the Facebook waters about this subject. Right now there's some idiot saying FarSight took the cheap and quick way of developing by doing ROM emulation (this after I tried to explain briefly why Zen can do their updates because they're not doing emulation as discussed on a different thread here) and because they're introducing this into a digital format, there is no need for ROMs! I swear its like banging your head into a wall repeatedly! Anyway, I've tried guiding people to this site for better explanations, and I'm trying to be a good emissary by not lashing out, and a few others have chimed in with very civil tones, but its tough.

If any of you are interested in where this is happening, its the comment section of FarSight's announcement of the Sony delay over on Facebook. See if your blood pressure rises too!

Ahhh, so you've met Josh :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Right now there's some idiot saying FarSight took the cheap and quick way of developing by doing ROM emulation (this after I tried to explain briefly why Zen can do their updates because they're not doing emulation as discussed on a different thread here) and because they're introducing this into a digital format, there is no need for ROMs!
Right, because re-creating the entire environment that a 20-years-dead pinball controller expects to see is both cheap and quick.

I realize that FarSight is limited in the amount of righteous indignation they can display on their Facebook page while still maintaining corporate professionality, but if Steve Ellenoff (who created the ROM emulation framework for both VP and TPA) were suddenly to experience a brief yet intense moment of weakness, I for one would applaud wholeheartedly.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just need to stay away from the comments section. Every time I look, I have this hope that the comments will be constructive or appreciative, but they never are. And then for FS to just get continually beat up over and over for it, as if they forced the game down people's throats and demanded they like it as is. Do people troll Microsoft like this every time they release a new operating system or version of Word? Why devote that much time and energy to bash something they clearly don't like?

Every time I come away from the facebook page, I'm more appreciative of the 'true' pinball community that is here. Because for the most part, people might have some issues with various tables, but they still play the game and get something out of it that makes it all worthwhile. Here I feel like actual discussions can take place, there its a bunch of monkeys throwing poo for attention.

Need to hire Jay and Silent Bob to track down all the little trolls with their internet anonymity and put the hurt on 'em door to door!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.