Well it took 4 years for me to dig it out...........

Sutol

Oct 9, 2012
I've been playing TPA since it came out and it really has lit the pinball bug in me again.
I have owned an addams famly table since 2002 and its been in a few different rooms in the house,the last of which is my garage for the last 4 years (sacrilege i know) where its been stuck at the back on a workbench with the legs took off :(
Anyways it developed a fault 4 years ago and i could not find anyone near to me to fix it and i never had a clue.
With decorating the house and stuff it got took out of the house.
Well through the forum and a few links later i found a guy near me who owns 31 tables,gave him a pm and a week later he came round which was yesterday.
The problem the table had was shutting down and restarting on multiball.So the main driver board would have to come out and be sent off to get fixed.

We started it up played till multiball and then...

The sound stopped working
The Dot Matrix Stopped working correctly(see pic below)
The table was restarting just by completing greed on the bookcase
and to finish it all off..............
The flippers stopped working

i had to laugh though 1 problem turned into a load of em.

Turns out its all related to the time its been stored so it needs a good clean on the contacts,ect.
Driver board will get sent away next week so in about a couple of weeks it will be running 100%

Just happy i found TPA and this forum...i got the bug back.....

dmdfault1.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Welcome to the forum. Hope you post more pics when you get her all spiffy. TAF is my favorite table of all time (like a lot of folks). Showtime!

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Sort of like a guy who has phenomenal athletic ability, but no interest in playing any sports. Many would say such gifts should be bestowed upon those who would appreciate them, but that's not always the way of the world. At least this guy came around. Just hope all that time in the garage didn't do more damage, yet to be discovered.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
4 years? Give it to me you heathen!! :p

How is the play-field, is it warped from damp?

The playfield should be fine. If anything, the underneath of the main cabinet and back of the backbox are the parts that will warp when damp. That's what had happened to my ST:TNG before I got it. From my own experience, many operators store their games in far worse conditions.:eek:

Sutol

Oct 9, 2012
4 years? Give it to me you heathen!! :p

How is the play-field, is it warped from damp?

The play-field is fine apart from some wearing around the chair and a bit down the right return lane.I just bought a cliffy protector for the chair so that will stop any further damage.

Sutol

Oct 9, 2012
The playfield should be fine. If anything, the underneath of the main cabinet and back of the backbox are the parts that will warp when damp. That's what had happened to my ST:TNG before I got it. From my own experience, many operators store their games in far worse conditions.:eek:

Main cabinet is all good.Garage is really quite dry and doesn't seem to be damp in there so i reckon alls good.Just need to spend a bit of time cleaning it up and getting it fixed.

Sutol

Oct 9, 2012
Update...main driver board has been away to get fixed so thats to go back in,need to clean all the contacts as being stored for so long aint done them any good.DMD playing up but thats the contacts again.Switch in the swamp needs addressing and finally i got a full led kit for it so i am busy changing all the bulbs over..
Get some pics up when i get her fired up and running once again.
Also found a guy who lives 20 mins away who owns 30 tables.I went round the other week and played my first time on elvira and the party monsters...............superb

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Also found a guy who lives 20 mins away who owns 30 tables.I went round the other week and played my first time on elvira and the party monsters...............superb

You need to make him your new best friend!

Sutol

Oct 9, 2012
Latest pic of how its doing.Got quite a few of the led in place.Awaiting a few more as not enough was sent out....... but good news is the sound is back on...happy days.I was messing around with the flasher to the right of thing..took me ages to get to it,right pain.Anyways swapped the flasher and the GI bulb then went to test it out and i had sound again.......well weird.
Ill get some more pics up later in the week when i get it all back together again.

Addams.jpg

Addams1.jpg

Addams2.jpg

Last edited:

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Not a big fan of LED's, but that's entirely subjective. Was the board issue from battery leakage? That's ugly, but usually repairable if the right guy has the soldering iron. Glad you dug it out and you're getting to the point of enjoying it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts