If you could only own one table...

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Which would it be and why? I think for me it would have to be TZ, it plays so well and its huge fun without being too easy, it requires a decent chunk of skill to reach the really big scores, the theme also plays a big part in how much you can relate to the table and it's overall enjoyment I feel.

Some of the newer Stern games probably have more re-playability due to the depth (complexity) of their rule sets though.

Discuss!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The Champion Pub-I like the theme but even more is how fun it is to play! Hitting the center punching bag enough to spin it around to reveal an ol'time boxer and on the DMD it shows different fighters with thier stats and as you shoot the center they show damage until you K.O. them or your energy bar next to your opponents in the middle of the table depleats and your K.O.'d :) The jump rope in the upper left corner is cool your ball sits on a coil and you try to hop your ball over a wire that spins around faster and faster :) and theres speed bag in the right corner but I never seen what it did and the flippers where a little weak so the center ramp was almost impossible but the funnest pinball Ive played and hope to own some day:)

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Hmmmmm, I guess I will go with Star Trek TNG . It looks like a good investment and a table that never gets old. I've never played it though , good thread idea Spiby

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Tough question. For now, I'll go with Cactus Canyon. Love the theme and the gameplay is a blast. Plus it's one you don't see around very often.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Id say blackhole, but id settle for any table that didnt need overly comolex repairs, at least for my first one, owning an em is probably out if the question .

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The Pinball Circus. It may not be great pinball, but it's a helluva cool toy. As well as a great mindf**k to pinball collectors.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i'll probably be the only one to say this... no fear. i love that machine and i haven't seen one in years. i miss it so much.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
NBA Fastbreak. It scores like no other table out there, it's a fantastic 2 player pin, and its got a nice deep wizard mode that challenges but does not crush. If only it had roster updates!

Indiana Jones from Williams would be the other top contender. Men, women, and children love Indy, so it strikes that perfect balance of cool without being too geeky (sorry TZ and ST:TNG!!) or too pop culturally dated (TAF).

I'm just saying, this being the 'if you were on a deserted island' style question, these things have to be considered!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Safe Cracker. The buzz of an earned token rolling down the playfield glass is like nothing else I've experienced in pinball.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Safe Cracker. The buzz of an earned token rolling down the playfield glass is like nothing else I've experienced in pinball.

I can understand that, but wouldn't that get old after you add it to the bag off the other hundred tokens you own?

I own two jamma compatible arcade machines and I used to own a gambling machine. My jamma boards stay in the box (mame is easier) and I got sick of winning my own money back on the gambling machine after five jackpots :)

I don't mean to diss, just saying how it went for me!!

I have a jpac board, just need a fairly good PC to make my arcade machines "good" :D

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Id say blackhole, but id settle for any table that didnt need overly comolex repairs, at least for my first one, owning an em is probably out if the question .
BH is notorious for the necessity of frequent, expensive repairs. Based on what owners have said, the most difficult and expensive repairs are those involving ROM issues (unless you are really knowledgeable with computers). Mechanical problems are easier.

As for the machine I'd choose - MM. While not terribly deep, it does give you a lot to do, and is very challenging, without being frustrating. Even the totally jacked-up TPA version gets a majority of my play time. The presentation is still among the best. Close runners-up would be LOTR, TSPP, ACDC, and STTNG. TF, TL, SM, DK, and FG all look promising, but I haven't played them yet.

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Twilight Zone. I am on vacation in Vancouver right now. Found a Twilight Zone table nearby. Wow, great fun. Anybody who complains about the prices should chill. I just pumped in $15 in this machine the last two days. Worth every penny, looking forward to having it our collection.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts