Gamersgate to the rescue!

nimitz

Jun 5, 2012
Now that we realize the chances of TPA getting greenlighted(sic?) anytime soon are pretty slim, I think it's time to think of alternate methods.

One that immediately comes to mind is Gamersgate, I have no doubt TPA could get published there and it would allow farsight to release their already made version on PC for those you have been waiting for over 6 months for a PC release. I am just mentionning gamersgate because it's well known and easy to get published on, but any other similar service would do fine. The point being that the game should be released ASAP if farsight plans on keeping their promise concerning the PC version being released before the Twillight zone.

Also, putting it on any other services doesn't reduce the chances of being greenlighted*, on the contrary it would most likely slightly increase the chances by increasing the visibility on the pc market.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Now that we realize the chances of TPA getting greenlighted(sic?) anytime soon are pretty slim, I think it's time to think of alternate methods.

One that immediately comes to mind is Gamersgate, I have no doubt TPA could get published there and it would allow farsight to release their already made version on PC for those you have been waiting for over 6 months for a PC release. I am just mentionning gamersgate because it's well known and easy to get published on, but any other similar service would do fine. The point being that the game should be released ASAP if farsight plans on keeping their promise concerning the PC version being released before the Twillight zone.

Also, putting it on any other services doesn't reduce the chances of being greenlighted*, on the contrary it would most likely slightly increase the chances by increasing the visibility on the pc market.

I think the TZ promise has already left the station without the luggage. Just looked it up for the first time. Provided they use DRM (one of the sticking points for the license), this could very well be the ticket. Judging by the selection of games, it would appear they do.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Farsight have recently stated on Facebook that they are developing a version of the game for Windows 8, which comes with an application store.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Farsight have recently stated on Facebook that they are developing a version of the game for Windows 8, which comes with an application store.

Was the wait for DLC on another Microsoft system not enough????? (end of rant!)

Last edited:

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Really? That leaves me out. Win 7 and no plans to upgrade. I hope thats not the only place to get the PC version when all is said and done.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I have Windows 8, but jkonami, I don't blame you. Oddly enough, though I have all my Adobe and Office and internet stuff set up in 8, I only flip over to that side if I want to play Zen Pinball. Windows 8 is uglier than Win 7 and I agree there doesn't seem to be much point to it if you have a (more or less) normal desktop. Mine's only weird coz it has XP on one hard drive, 7 on a different drive, and 8 on a third.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Really? That leaves me out. Win 7 and no plans to upgrade. I hope thats not the only place to get the PC version when all is said and done.

With you 100%. Don't force Windows 8 on us, please!

FS have stated they are working on Win7 and XP versions too, so hopefully those will also be available at some point.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.