Bug PS3 Europe Version 1.03 Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
I thought it worth while to create a thread to cover the Euro edition of TPA as it seems to be different to NA version. Following different version numbers to the NA release; the demo only ever contained the original 4 tables in playable form. Also, Euro v1.03 contains Trophy data for table packs #5 & #6.

I should add that currently I only own table packs #1 #2 + #3 and I'm very much a low scoring amateur, but I will add my observations thus far.

After some more extended play time, I have personally found that flipper lag is still an issue with v1.03, though much diminished from v1.02. Play time on the Android, iOS and Xbox versions makes it all the more evident on the PS3. They feel more responsive and consequently easier to play. It is more obvious on some tables than others; I have found Arabian Nights to be the worst. The updated faster (too fast?) physics on Fun House show off the flipper lag too. I am playing on a 120hz Samsung LCD.

Black Hole

Back glass is very low res/fuzzy & lacks the "3D" depth effect

Table is too dark; consequently you can't see the glass surface sheen over the "Black Hole" lower playfield.

Texture across the top of the table surrounding the orbit is pixelated compared to the rest of the table.

Astronaut texture at the entrance to the black hole is very low res/pixelated.

I find these issues surprising on such a simple table. Surely the graphics RAM can't be full when a table like Theatre of Magic can be very detailed even though its a more complex design?!

Bride of Pinbot -

At the end of a game, if a ball is still being held below the bride the sound of the extra credit animation will be cut off mid way through and replaced with the click of the ball being released.

Table lighting seems to have been very slightly adjusted from v1.02 and is more even. :)

Medieval Madness -

Flipper gap too wide (as per NA v2.03)

Table textures generally too dark and lacking vibrancy until you start really lighting the thing up.

Ball exits ramp unrealistically fast & generally the table feels a little too wild & fast throughout (I have not played the original table to know if this is how it actually is).

Funhouse -

Ball speed has increased from v1.02 and feels too fast.

As Spoonman reported for NA v2.01, if you start to play a table again too soon after the previous game ended, it will get stuck in camera zoom mode with no music and no ball to play. The only way to get out of this is to select Exit game. This usually happens if you press start before Rudy says "Hey Biff, play again".

The panel at the back of the table containing 3 lights with "He's Alive" etc. is a low res texture & appears pixelated.

Back plate graphic is over exposed by the "cabinet light" washing out all the colour and detail.

When shooting from the left plunger to the stairs, the camera doesn't provide an adequate view for aiming at the lit target.

Cirqus Voltaire -

Table is too dark masking much of the detail and colours on the playfield.

Backplate graphic is comparatively low resolution and pixelated - especially obvious when the camera pans at the start.

Bottom right "Flip Here" graphic below the flippers is blurred / out of focus.

When the camera zooms to the Ringmaster toy, it appears as if the spring isn't attached to anything.

I recognise that these issues are mostly cosmetic; mainly down to the fact that I am rather lousy at getting far on any tables :( This means I haven't noticed many of the issues with the play mechanics that have been widely reported by the good people on here.

I've created this list purely as a help to any developer who may read it along with fellow users of the Euro/Aus version, in the hope that in the longer term this things will be fixed.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for making this thread and compiling the list. Stickied.

Last edited:

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
a very good idea .. thanks :)
black knight has an amusing bug (well it is to me) where the ball appears to fly off the table and then re-appear back in the plunger (same as american version i take it )

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Firstly, thanks for the Sticky Jeff Strong.

I discovered a new rather random bug today on Cirqus Voltaire. Similar to the ajp's experience on Black Knight; going for the far right orbit from the left flipper, the ball shot out of the side of the table into the space and then reappeared at the plunger.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Firstly, thanks for the Sticky Jeff Strong.

I discovered a new rather random bug today on Cirqus Voltaire. Similar to the ajp's experience on Black Knight; going for the far right orbit from the left flipper, the ball shot out of the side of the table into the space and then reappeared at the plunger.

No, that's a rather OLD very well documented bug , actually , and FarSight has a team working on it.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
No, that's a rather OLD very well documented bug , actually , and FarSight has a team working on it.

To clarify, by "new" I meant new in my personal play experience.

It is irrelevant that the bug is OLD in the NA TPA. This thead is for the European version and as the bug has been confirmed to exist in this version, it should be listed so it can be crossed off the list as it has been dealt with.

The confirmation that Farsight are dealing with the problem is good news.

I realise that a lot of the issues I have highlighted are already well documented for the NA version & I fully expect there to be much overlap between the two. However, while there are two versions out there, it can only be a help to keep track of both. This thread will become redundant once Farsight have a unified version for NA and EU/AUS.

Last edited:

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
The lag is a kind of render lag, the flipper feels like rubber..

1.0.3 is a little bit better less flipper lag.
Almost there.

Last edited:

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
v1.03 is a great update for me, as though the cosmetic issues are still there, flipper lag has gone!!... or has at least diminished to the point that I can't tell whether it's lagging or I am just crap :eek:

This was the biggest issue of all for me and had made me hesitate about buying new table packs, so I am delighted they are getting to the bottom of the problem. I realise everyone has different experiences so it would be interesting to read what other Euro version users think on this matter???

I am not sure if it is because flipper lag has gone, but all the tables I own generally seem faster & the ball "feels" lighter, with the exception of Cirqus Voltaire.

I'd also be interested to know what other people think to Fun House in v1.03. For me it's now too fast, especially when going round the orbit and also across the rail from top right to left flipper. I haven't played the real table to know how fast it should play but it just doesn't feel right now.

OK, after some extended play time, I have to admit to being a little too hasty about this.... Flipper lag is still there for me, albeit reduced significantly. It is still an issue affecting play though and still needs some further work to get it up to scratch. Having recently played Xbox & iOS versions (I already had android), it becomes all the more obvious when you go back to the PS3.

Apologies for my initial over enthusiastic declaration that flipper lag had gone. :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Baintz

May 25, 2012
No taxi dlc. They did release the same pack of last week

Yeah, I'm getting the same. Although I'm crossing my fingers that they haven't finished updating the store yet, as the Dark Souls DLC is on the front page, but unable to download right now. Not hopeful though.

TimeWellWasted

Oct 24, 2012
1.03 feels less lagged for me, though not as snappy as im used to, i compare the feeling with Future pinball which i play on a pc also with a gamepad.
Playing TPA on my PS3 on default settings (1080p?) now feels only slightly lagged compared with FP on my PC.
Playing TPA with my PS3 set to 720p (settings/screen setup in ps3 menu) complete removes any laggy feeling for me.
Havent seen any bugs yet, will update when i do.
1.03 and the 720p setting, made me buy the full game. So ide say i'm very happy with this update :)

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
1.03 definately better for me smoother .. let me complete the wizard goals on black knight too which was nice :)

immortalmindz

Jul 29, 2012
Tbf I don't really see any differences, I've scored my best score on funhouse yet the plunger hasn't been fixed. CV seems as unplayable as the iOS version now (and yes I buy the tables for both versions). I'll give all tables a proper run down when I get the chance, tho I do think it would be a good idea if farsight let us know what they were updating.

Urbanshenkie

Sep 7, 2012
Game freezes sometimes have to hard reset ps3 , and disappearing balls in black knight shooting it on the left ramp disappeared under the upper left flipper or something...

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I have read somewhere that they fixed the drop targets on Gorgar. Is this true? Also, were any improvements made with the two stage flippers?

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Game freezes sometimes have to hard reset ps3 , and disappearing balls in black knight shooting it on the left ramp disappeared under the upper left flipper or something...

Ditto on the freezing problem. It has happened a couple of times when scrolling through the tables in the menu. resulted in the PS3 locking up then the 3 beeps.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
I have read somewhere that they fixed the drop targets on Gorgar. Is this true? Also, were any improvements made with the two stage flippers?

Two stage flippers are the same as the previous version. I don't have Gorgar so I don't know about the drop targets.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
I do think it would be a good idea if farsight let us know what they were updating.
Totally agree. The PS3 firmware actually has a feature that allows a version update log to be displayed before installing a patch, but very few developers seem to take advantage of it.

kakis

Oct 27, 2012
On the main screen, when I navigate the tables, every table that I don't own has the same music as Tales of the Arabian Nights...

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
The music is stored inside the table files, so I guess you'll have to buy the tables to make that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts