Bug New update loses high scores & goals on ipad2

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I updated to the latest version on IOS when it came out and completed a few goals and set high score #1 on RBION yesterday.

Today my high score has vanished as well as any goals I achieved across all the tables.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm using an ipad2 on 5.01.

Cheers :)

Edit: I just set some more high scores and completed some table goals, I rebooted my iPad and upon loading The Pinball Arcade I was greeted with the welcome text again and all my high scores / table goals were gone.

Is this bug already known to Farsight? Is there a fix on the way?

Another edit: after setting a high score on TOM on my 3GS and rebooting it my high scores and table goals are intact. Could this be an ipad2 specific bug?

Last Edit: Deleted app & data, reinstalled by itunes on computer and now everything seems fine! :)

Last edited:

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
I'm glad it's working for you again! Something similar happend with an Android update a while ago, it reset all the saved data and didn't save anything. They quickly fixed it though with another update, but I can't imagine how people will react if something like this would happen when there are 50 tables out for example...

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Thanks, I was a bit worried about setting a highscore and losing it. I'll do some "testing" at the pub this afternoon. :)

Its a shame about the decline of pinball, in the 80's / 90's it was hard to find a pub that DIDN'T have a pinball machine!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Well it seems I was being too optimistic, after two days of saving my high scores, it has messed up again.

I'd been playing it with no problems, played around with other stuff (comic reader, safari) then loaded up TPA and was greeted with the welcome screen again!!! All my progress was lost, my 89 million on TOTAN gone!!!

I know Farsight have their hands full developing for multiple platforms, but I hope they can look into this.

After losing my high scores twice it is starting to get annoying!!!

This seems to be random too, at first I thought it happened after a reboot, but now I realise it can happen when my ipad2 is still on.

Cheers

Rob

Last edited:

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
Same thing is happening to me - I've been playing on an iPhone 4. I've been taking comfort in the fact that my highest scores are still saved on the Leaderboards, even if they have been disappearing in my local scores. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next app update.

Also, it came out on Xbox today - which is definitely the way I prefer to play. :D Woo hoo!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Same thing is happening to me - I've been playing on an iPhone 4. I've been taking comfort in the fact that my highest scores are still saved on the Leaderboards, even if they have been disappearing in my local scores. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next app update.

Also, it came out on Xbox today - which is definitely the way I prefer to play. :D Woo hoo!

I'm glad its not just me with the problem, no offence!! I got it on 360 and sent you a friend request on xbox live.

I don't use facebook though so my highscores are gone for good :)

I've deleted Pinball Arcade off my ipad2 and 3GS as I don't see the point of restarting afresh everytime it messes up, I just hope this is fixed by the next update.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
After a few days with TPA uninstalled from my ipad2 I reinstalled it and set a high score on Black Hole. I loaded it again and was greeted with the "Welcome To The Pinball Arcade" splash screen again and my high scores were gone (again).

Will this be fixed on the next update? Does this affect many other users apart from myself and lazmama?

I really hope this gets fixed soon as not having local high scores is diminishing my experience somewhat, as I have nothing to "best".

Please fix this Farsight as your game is awesome, but this kind of breaks it for me.

Thanks.

Ipad2 iOS 5.01

Last edited:

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
That's weird. I have not lost my scores once. Not after several days of not playing, not after changing time zones and not after a reboot of my iPad2. I'm on iOS 5.1, though. I'll bet that's the culprit.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
It could well be, but if I update I'll lose my JB, which would mean no access to another avenue of pleasure for me - arcade emulation! :)

Exciter

Apr 17, 2012
On an iPad 2, OS 5.1, just got the newest update with BoP and MM, and Pinball Arcade is still losing local scores after rebooting the device. It's been happening since the last update, though unlike that release, this version appears to retain settings and goals.

After scouring through Facebook and this forum, primarily, it seems I'm not the only one with this issue. Inability to retain local scores does make me hesitate to go too far with this version. And while I might be in a minority by saying Facebook is not an option... Facebook is definitely not a solution.

Anyone else with this issue want to weigh in (so they take it seriously before the next update)?

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Aww crap! I was hoping this update would sort it, not add to the problem! Facebook is not an option for me, I like my privacy :)

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
BoP won't post high scores to the local high score table on my iPad2 iOS 5.1. All other tables are fine and goals seem to save OK. Facebook posts are working for me, too.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
After the MM BOP update things have been fine. No lost scores or goals, looks like its been fixed (for me at least). Now I just need the BOP high score table displaying in the right order and the MM flippers sorted :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.