Round 5: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 5)

Please PICK FIVE Questions

• Status of ROM emulation for early Bally SS tables (Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Xenon, etc.)?

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Why is there no changelog provided with each game update?

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • How frequent will Xbox DLC eventually be released? (ie. Every 3 months, 4 months, 5 etc.)

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Status of addressing iOS nudging (shake and swipe), button interfaces, and flipper gaps?

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Any news about the advanced flipper physics?

Votes: 45 46.4%
  • Would you consider deviating when the production tables did not match the final design prototypes?

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Options for adjusting outlane post positions, playfield pitch, tilt bob sensitivity, etc.?

• What is the status for improving mechanical sounds, such as flipper, bumper and ball impact sounds?

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • What will the schedule be for DLC on Steam once it comes out?

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • How will TPA make the leap to the next round of consoles in terms of purchases carrying over?

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Can we get an overall status report on the Vita version?

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • PC: consider an independent release or another distribution platform?

• Status of completely resolving flipper lag on PS3?

• Mobile: adding friends to the leaderboards without facebook? read-only API to the leaderboards?

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Plans for all the pinball tables you've bought? Possibly a pinball arcade/museum up in Big Bear?

• Why is Black Knight in such rough shape compared to the other tables and when will it be improved?

• With people working on this game across the country what are the PROS/CONS of this?

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • What are your high scores (within TPA) on each of the tables?

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Can we please get some more developer interaction here in the Playstation sections of the forum?

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • When do you plan on updating older tables to use the more advanced physics of the newer tables?

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • When will we see a Stern SAM table?

• TZ & STTNG: Are you still on track for the Kickstarter timeframes?

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • Will Bobby offer a 'state of the game' for TPA, covering a variety of topics?

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • Info on how they intend to resolve the High Scores/Leaderboard disappointment.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Are there any plans to bring a higher resolution setting to Android?

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Will FS add seperate leaderboards for each device/console?

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Will there ever be a use for credits? Are they currently totalled in the game save file?

• Any progress with the day/night table lighting slider?

Votes: 43 44.3%
  • Are you considering adding more randomnization or variation to certain events? (Kick-outs, etc.)

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Are online head-to-head / turn based multiplayer games a possibility?

Votes: 16 16.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's time to vote on which questions will be selected for the next round of the Forum Interview with Bobby King from Farsight! Please select 5 Questions from the poll. Bobby will answer the top 5 questions when he gets time.

I picked 30 random questions (with a few carryover questions from the last poll), and some questions were either combined or condensed to save space in the poll (the forum only allows so many characters per question, so the questions will most likely be expanded when they are presented to Bobby).

If your question didn't get picked this time around, or it doesn't get voted in, don't worry because this will be a reoccurring event, so you can always resubmit your question for the next round. Some people submitted multiple questions, but there is only space for 30 questions so I couldn't include every single question, but I tried to get at least one question from everyone who submitted.

Thanks again for submitting your questions, and to HOW (Andy) for the idea, and another big thank you to Bobby for graciously agreeing to take part.

Note: Please do not complain about the questions. I only add questions that the community provides. It's up to you (the voters) to decide which questions are the best, and there's no need to complain if others vote for something you don't like.

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Cheers as always Jeff :)

PS. Non Vita here-But chuck a vote their way, as the Vita implementation IS a little concerning for all :(

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
Thank-you very much for the vote concerning the numerous problems on the Vita.

Same here. If the question is not answered this round, I wonder if there is another way to get information from Farsight. There are occasional replies on their facebook page, but they don't go into too much detail. I'd really like specifics as to why the Vita is leading the versions in bugs, and why it doesn't seem to get a lot of attention with regards to fixes.

I still have not purchased The Pinball Arcade for PS Vita, pretty much due to the many bugs still present. I know these guys are passionate and are trying, but an update might go along way to persuading prospective buyers on Vita like me.:eek:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Voted. Thanks.
I got accused of being negative in the questions thread. It wasn't 100% negative, but I believe my question was fair, and as an xbox owner, things aren't exactly rosy are they?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Voted. Thanks.
I got accused of being negative in the questions thread. It wasn't 100% negative, but I believe my question was fair, and as an xbox owner, things aren't exactly rosy are they?

Daniel, you raised a valid point. I figured your question was included with the 360 DLC question. If that question makes the cut, I can elaborate on it more before I submit the question to Bobby, so stay tuned :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I see not many chose the XBox release frames. Good - there are NDAs that will prevent them from giving us a straight answer.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Voted for my 5 choices. Can't wait to see the final results, and then the answers.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I want to get these questions off to Bobby ASAP, so get your votes in everyone!

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I wonder if the question about the credits is ever going to make it in a poll. Apparently I'm really only one of a few who are a bit baffled why this whole credit thing is in the game in the first place. lol The "match for a free game" sequence is only 10 seconds long... but they always feel like an eternity.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
What about merging the "advanced flipper physics" and "new physics on old tables" question? Would allow another question to sneak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.