Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Are there any plans of doing this at the moment, sending invites for those who voted for this game? I would really like to test out the tables and iron out any possible bugs. This has been requested by someone else in the forums; decided to bring this back up. Pick me as a tester! :)

EDIT: Thanks to Void for bringing this up. "Or maybe a demo version of some kind outside of Steam."

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Would be good to have the option to check if this would work with my ageing laptop, without having to buy something first.
A trial maybe, or even just some kind of compatibility check tool.
The quoted minimum spec was a bit un-specific, stating it hadn't been bench marked.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
If they are smart , there will be a beta for all PC users that want to make sure it works . Let's hope that how it goes down.

Oh I should add : I run a system that uses Windows XP Serv pack 3 , Windows Vista home Enterainment serv pack 2 , and Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit . so it's ideal suited for PC beta and alpha builds of games.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You'd figure they could go ahead and start a beta while we're waiting for the release, which would help cut down on launch bugs.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I too am available for beta testing. I can provide testing on various systems as well as multi monitor setups if need be.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Couldn't they just find a table that costs barely anything to license and put it up as the sole table as an open beta?

Imagine how many more people would be interested in it getting greenlit if say, they had the ability to play Tales of the Arabian Nights or Gorgar for as long as possible as an 'open beta'

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Couldn't they just find a table that costs barely anything to license and put it up as the sole table as an open beta?

Imagine how many more people would be interested in it getting greenlit if say, they had the ability to play Tales of the Arabian Nights or Gorgar for as long as possible as an 'open beta'

I'm sure the beta wont be a DLC table , it will be one of the core tables , TOTAN , Ripleys, TOM (please no black Hole ,love that table but we need to show off DMDs )

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I would like to sign up for beta testing on the PC as well if it ever becomes available.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Does anyone know if the Beta has a portrait mode?

Also it doesn't look optimistic that we will be greenlit the end of Nov by Steam, unless Marley and the ghosts of pinball past, present and future pay Steam a visit and encourage them to change the error of their ways.

karl

May 10, 2012
We are still waiting for a new ver of the TZ beta (the first one did not work) so no info about portrait mode yet

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just so everyone knows, FarSight is releasing a Beta build to ALL backers that elected the PC version as their platform of choice on The Twilight Zone and/or Star Trek : The Next Generation Kickstarter campaigns that way they can play the table they backed and see how the PC version looks.

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
Only those who backed ONE platform and chose PC, or also those who only care about PC but backed all platforms in order to support the company?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just so everyone knows, FarSight is releasing a Beta build to ALL backers that elected the PC version as their platform of choice on The Twilight Zone and/or Star Trek : The Next Generation Kickstarter campaigns that way they can play the table they backed and see how the PC version looks.

Good news indeed. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.