Just completed an 11.6 billion game!!!

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Very happy, im on 8th of all time score, evrey other guy above me doubles me On points, but still very happy!! Jeez, now i can see its possible to get upthere. Getting a 20 billion game will take lots of concentration!! And apply good discipline!! Was very scared to get a missing ball bug. But i ran away from all jackpots. I noticed that i was getting massive 15M Jackpots in North America. But after i surpassed the 100 jewels or idols i dont know which, the jackpots became punny 200ks so i stopped chasing those.
Need to research that for next games, now i see how little i know of the intrincacies of this game.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
That's about 22 times my best score, ouch! Congratulations! How long did it take you to finish this game?

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Wondering that myself! o.o My high score is 400something million, and that game lasted about 90 minutes.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That's about 22 times my best score, ouch! Congratulations! How long did it take you to finish this game?
My 328M game took about 90 minutes, or around 220M/hr. Given that the table features score more the longer you play (Continent Super Jackpots accumulating, higher Atlantis jacks, etc.) and assuming that Advalle is inherently better at the table than I am, an average of 750M/hr seems reasonable over the long haul. That means an 11.7B game would take 15.6 hours. That amount of time is starting to stretch the bounds of plausibility, but it's not so far out of line that I'm willing to reject the score immediately.

The other reason I'm not looking askance at this is because my TPA scores tend to be 10x my real table scores, so I'm projected to eventually come up with a 9B+ game of TZ. I don't want to think about how long that will take.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Screw that kinda long play, theres a point were even nutters like me would lose the drive to play that long. Play tpa for fun and 15 hours aint fun...and pasuing is cheating and makes the highscore invaild as far as endurance goes anyways.

I still wanna post highscores in some of the older tables but even a couple o billion in tom bored me

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've tried picking up a game from pause and I could never get back into the groove I was in before I was interrupted.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Now do it on a real machine.
Im trying to find one, im in el paso texas, if anyone know of one i wont leave it alone.

As for the pausing thing, its actually not a good idea to pause because you loose the groove, so i didnt pause, ive tried before in other games to only get out of the zone. The game took around 4 hrs and it is a nice tipe of endurance, not because its a long game it means its just happens if you have the time, you need the discipline to not chase but what your strategy says.

Collected over 7 atlantis visits an it was also around 30 tours give or take.
If you dont hit the 2x every continent tour this score is either imposible or it would take you a whole day. I was doing at the end 600 M continent tours daaaaaaaaamn, every tour you are so much ahead.

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I will throw in my Congratulations to you but, I'm throwing in some skepticism as well. Playing only on a PS3, I see 58 mobile scores above mine. Why are the mobile scores even on the PS3 leaderboard? Getting a 10+billion score on a PS3 seems to be highly unlikely (darn near impossible) in my opinion.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I will throw in my Congratulations to you but, I'm throwing in some skepticism as well. Playing only on a PS3, I see 58 mobile scores above mine. Why are the mobile scores even on the PS3 leaderboard? Getting a 10+billion score on a PS3 seems to be highly unlikely (darn near impossible) in my opinion.

another reason... or the main reason, the leaderboards should be divided by device.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Seems like it would be much easier to hack on Android. Not so sure about iOS, but I guess anything's possible.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I'm not calling out a hack or anything. I'm more concerned about the differences in play on the various mobile devices compared to a PS3 and/or Xbox.

What's the high scores for Ripley lookin' like on the 360? I'm kinda curious...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm not calling out a hack or anything. I'm more concerned about the differences in play on the various mobile devices compared to a PS3 and/or Xbox.

The mobile versions aren't any easier....actually harder since nudging is a pain on the touchscreens (could certainly be better though if Farsight improved the controls).

I'll check the 360 leaderboards for ya.....brb.

EDIT: can't right now. My wife has dibs on that TV :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012

High score is 4.42B, held by Elvis258. Other scores from well-known 360 players: ParallaxScroll at 1.54B, Mark Miwurdz at 1.39B and Roy Wils at 588M. (Apparently my own "high" score of 328M is still good for #91 on the 360. Who knew?)

Having thought about this some more, and realizing that the claim is on an iPad (which has inferior nudging controls), and having participated in the following exchange on the RBION strategy thread...

Run away as fas as you can from left bumpers. That means dont attempt asia, or superjackpots because those two can result in bumpers. Be disciplined. The only way to attempt asia or a super jackpot with safety in mind is stacking a multiball level on it, that gives you some space for errors.

What? Not attempt Asia? The ball feeds to the upper right flipper after Asia starts, just run it through the left spinner twice and it'll loop around twice. By far the easiest and safest mode in the game.

Take an extra 10 seconds to stack a multi ball for insurance.

I'd rather save my stack for something like Europe (which is legitimately dangerous in single-ball play) or South America (to get more shot opportunities within the very limited window).

...I'm really starting to have doubts about 11.7B on any platform.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That was a really interesting exchange there Serenseven. I too feel Asia is one of the easiest to get a letter on. I also think hitting a lit super jackpot to be a breeze...just shoot the continent scoop, then fire away with the upper flipper. I can hit that shot way more consistently than shooting the penguin loop.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.