The NEW new ipad!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Bought a400 quid and up ipad in the last six months? Well yeah they just released its bigger a6x brother with twice the cou preformance as thea5x....

Dontcha just wanna molest steve jobs corpse?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think it's time to upgrade my iPad 1. I heard a rumor that it would be 16 x 9 ratio. I'm a tad disappointed its not.
Prices on the new iPad mini are higher than expected too.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Any other ipad 3 users feel completely ripped off? They have taken 3 of the offical market already

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Why should iPad 3 users feel ripped off? The new mini iPad has the same screen resolution of only the iPad 2.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Seems pretty silly. So in addition to the mini iPad, they also announced a new regular iPad today that will begin shipping in early November...... The last "New iPad" (as Apple called it) just came out a few months ago. Not only is it ridiculous that they release another one so soon, but the naming system is equally mind-boggling. They're not calling it an iPad 4, but simply "iPad". So what will the "new" one be called now that it's a few months old and not-so new? Does Apple not believe in using numbers any more?

I love my iPad, but this is getting crazy...I could see how folks who aren't very tech savy could buy the last model on ebay this holiday season, thinking they're getting the latest simply because Apple originally called it the "New iPad", and it has a retina screen, etc.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, so now when I say I'm looking for the "New iPad". I'll hafta specify how "new".

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Ohhhh....a slightly different version of something I already have. Such innovation. I find it interesting that apples share price went down today. I don't remember that ever happening on the day of a product announcement before. And as far as the mini goes....not at that price! For a lot less, I can get a google or kindle with more features like memory card slots, or for a little more, I can get a full size iPad.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I play mostly tpa and jeff minter stuff so the a6 for me isnt a huge deal for now, but what happens when devs start making use of that extra grunt.

I see it now...i wasnt expecting any only comaptble with signs for six months

So ipad 3 is now the nice looking but retarded cousin ....thanks apple

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I only upgraded to 3 because i didnt wanna wait 12 months.....im certainky not buying another anytime soon so if they dont tefresh again in march itll be a year or so for that, if i miss any sweet apps ill piss on whatever money grubbing prick thouugh this was a good idea

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
New year impovements to tpa....*sighs* 60fps post processing added lighting and reflection....if i wasnt skint id flog this 3 for 150 lol

This is a ****ing douche move on any companies part i say....apple have really slapped me silly with this one....a torrent of buyers remorse with a side of beer please...wonder if i have any chips.

Ill seriously cnsider an andoroid for my next purchase now

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i have a kindle fire. i love it. (i read alot) i didn't buy an ipad because i already own an iphone.
i haven't downloaded TPA on my kindle because i bought a psvita for my on the go needs.

karl

May 10, 2012
I must admit I got a little pissed off when I read that a new Ipad is coming now. I know I shouldn't be, but a new one so soon means that they could have and should have just waited a month or 2 to get a faster cpu and graphic ship in nr 3. This just stinks of milking the customers. It's the same thing with IPAD mini. Why do they not put a retina screen in from the start? Just to have something new to announce when the new one comes in 6 months. I will most deff not buy any new IPAD so soon. Happy for the ones who skipped on IPAD 3 though. Maybe post processing will work better on IPAD 4 but I will not throw money at them (just yet anyway)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ya know, with tech in general, but Apple specifically, at some point you just have to jump in and accept what you got. There is something always just around the corner with Apple, a major reason I'd avoided them for so long, but what're you gonna do? My wife wanted a tablet last winter, and we took 'em all for a quick spin at the store. Neither of us has a smart phone, so the whole 'touch' aspect of a tablet was new, and ultimately the iPad was easiest for her to get the hang of. So we waited for the 3 to come out, despite many friends saying we'd be fine with the 2. But hey, we got the retina display, it runs great, and I'm not pissed a new one is coming out cause I'm not planning on buying another tablet for some time. My PC is 6 years old, its a freakin' dinosaur, I'm still running XP and only have a 4:3 monitor! Since I don't demand much of my computer, it works for me. In the meantime, I managed to avoid Vista completely and will let Windows 8 work out its kinks before I'm ready for a new one. But when that time comes for me to jump in again, I'll enjoy swimming in the current of whats now, fully knowing I'll drift rather quickly to the side as newer, faster, and better comes up right quickly.

I guess what I'm trying to say with my rambling is, the only way I'd be pissed about the new iPad is if it was significantly better and $100 cheaper. Then I'd feel like I got burned.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
It was a real boneheaded move by Apple this time around. A lot of people are feeling burned by the new iPad being released so soon. With the iPad min, this is just a WTF piece of equipment. The hardware is 2 year old tech crammed into a smaller body and being sold for a lot more than the tablets it is trying to compete against. They are hoping that as usual people will but it because it is made by Apple. I think this time they made a mistake which people are seeing, and it will not do any near as good as they are hoping. Why would I pay $329 for a 16GB iPad mini when I can buy a 32GB Nexus 7 (which will be out Oct 29) for only $249.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
You just know when they released the iPad 3, they had a whole warehouse of the new A6X chips, but figured they needed to hold something back for the next iPad.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm pretty gutted, I usually buy a new ipad and new iphone every year but so soon after the ipad 3/ iphone 5 and a pinball machine I think divorce would be on the cards. Going to skip this generation of ipad, my marriage is more important.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Most things i do dont require huge amounts of power but within 3 months there will probably be features in certain apps or games , mostly games that require the new speeds.

Ill be pissed the day tpa has ipad 4 only features if ever,

I womder if they will pull this stunt in another six months?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm upgrading from an iPad 1. But I probably wouldn't bother if I had an iPad 2 or 3. My wife has a 2 that she loves and has no interest in moving up yet.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think I remember some rumor sites proposing a new iPad later in the year soon after the 3 had been released. I have a 2 (my wife now uses it), and a 3, and I bought both when they were first released. It's less of a shock when you buy it that way, because you just know another one is coming...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.