Star Trek: TNG

Araxen

Mar 21, 2012
Do you think there is any chance of them releasing this table? It's one of my all time favorites and I would love to be able to play it again!

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Just got back from playing TNG 10 minutes ago. Found a place with 50+ tables last week. Never played it before then. What a great table!

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
At this point I don't really know the goals or anything. I just try to keep it in play and hit whatever targets it's telling me to. Same with Bride of Pinbot. I'm loving the game but it's more fun when you understand the whole game. I can't wait for the next two tables. It'll save me a lot of cash if I can learn the game on PA, THEN go play it on the real machine. Frankly, most of the tables have kinda weak flippers. Avatar, south park, and family guy had great flippers though and felt/reacted exactly like PA.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I really like the options it gives you pre ball launch, and the missions are great. This table is also definitely one of the best to utilize voices and sound clips as well.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
At this point I don't really know the goals or anything. I just try to keep it in play and hit whatever targets it's telling me to. Same with Bride of Pinbot. I'm loving the game but it's more fun when you understand the whole game. I can't wait for the next two tables. It'll save me a lot of cash if I can learn the game on PA, THEN go play it on the real machine.

Go to the Internet Pinball Database (ipdb.org). They have, in most cases, reproductions of the same instruction cards that appear on the machines. Many tables also have instruction manuals, which explains the rules and features in detail.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Funny thing is that I just posted about this table on facebook before seeing this thread. I played it recently and I hope it will eventually make it to Pinball Arcade.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
From the TZ Kickstarter FAQ:

How much more would have to be raised to digitize Star Trek: The Next Generation?
We would love to do the Star Trek: The Next Generation table! We know we can get the licenses because they are both CBS properties.The cost of the licenses would be similar to the Twilight Zone (so an additional $55,000).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

How much more would have to be raised to digitize Star Trek: The Next Generation?
We would love to do the Star Trek: The Next Generation table! We know we can get the licenses because they are both CBS properties.The cost of the licenses would be similar to the Twilight Zone (so an additional $55,000).

Hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone on this kickstarter. If pledges surpass $55,000, I'll triple my original pledge to start working towards getting ST:TNG on The Pinball Arcade as well.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012

Interesting. How hard is it to secure a license from WB? I'm curious becuase they own some of Midway's stuff (not pinball, though) and it's possible some of the material in a couple Williams games (namely the MK codes in Theatre of Magic) may be owned by them. I think Medieval Madness has the "Toasty" voice as well.

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Id rather have Addams Family or Terminator 2 than Star Trek...

LOTR, Family Guy, Simpson's Pinball Party or South Park for me :)

Damn Trekkies! It's life Jim, but not as We know it.... ;)

Last edited:

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I was really glad to read on the Kickstarter page that FarSight wants to do this table as well. It's one of my all time favorites.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
At this point I don't really know the goals or anything. I just try to keep it in play and hit whatever targets it's telling me to. Same with Bride of Pinbot. I'm loving the game but it's more fun when you understand the whole game. I can't wait for the next two tables. It'll save me a lot of cash if I can learn the game on PA, THEN go play it on the real machine. Frankly, most of the tables have kinda weak flippers. Avatar, south park, and family guy had great flippers though and felt/reacted exactly like PA.

Pinball Archive (pinball.org) has more in-depth instructions, should the instruction cards prove inadequate (which they usually are, particularly on DMD machines). They also have a video tutorial on this particular table that I found interesting, and helpful.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Pinball Archive (pinball.org) has more in-depth instructions, should the instruction cards prove inadequate (which they usually are, particularly on DMD machines). They also have a video tutorial on this particular table that I found interesting, and helpful.

Yes. I second pinball.org. Bowen's video tutorials are fantastic. It takes skills to play as good as him and major skills to talk about it at the same time.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Id rather have Addams Family or Terminator 2 than Star Trek...

Addams Family maybe but T2, nah. I owned a real one for about a year and became tired of it. Its fast and fun but not very deep. Not much lasting power for me. Everyone has their favs though.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Addams Family maybe but T2, nah. I owned a real one for about a year and became tired of it. Its fast and fun but not very deep. Not much lasting power for me. Everyone has their favs though.

Ah. Back in the day, I loved T2! Playing it fiddy cents at a time was very exciting. It meant I could only play it a few times a day, therefore never getting old. But I can see how having access to it all day everyday can become tiresome and easy to wear out the ruleset. Once I figured out that all I had to do on Bride of Pinbot was shoot the shuttle ramp constantly, I got bored quickly. I'm sure I would've loved it if I had to drop money in it at the arcade.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

T2 was released in 1991, and was one of the first DMD machines (the second to feature the standard size screen), which means there will be a few animations, and a video mode (the first ever) but not necessarily a deeper rule set. It took another year or two before they began using the display to their advantage and making deep rule sets that would have been difficult, if not impossible, to pull off with the much more limited LED displays.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.