Missing a little something.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm really surprised that that awesome sound of the mechanical score tumblers and drop targets resetting after you press the start button isn't there. Tik tik tik tik tik, tak tak tak tak tak, CLAK! I need that to scratch my nostalgia itch.

Jay

May 19, 2012
And with an old EM game like this, with no constant soundtrack blaring in the background, it would be great if we could hear the steel ball rolling across the wood surface.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
And with an old EM game like this, with no constant soundtrack blaring in the background, it would be great if we could hear the steel ball rolling across the wood surface.

The ball rolling sound is present on the Android version. Is it not present on the iOS version? You may need to turn up the volume a bit to hear it.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I would like to add the flipper hum of an EM to the mix. The flipper hum would be the icing on the cake along with the scoring reel sounds! You can hear it on the old 1998 PC Microsoft Pinball Arcade on youtube. Very Cool!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I would like to add the flipper hum of an EM to the mix. The flipper hum would be the icing on the cake along with the scoring reel sounds! You can hear it on the old 1998 PC Microsoft Pinball Arcade on youtube. Very Cool!

Ooooh. I like that.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
The flipper hum is a must have! Also on Android the taps sounds could be louder. There is a major delay on hearing the slingshot sound after the ball has hit it - so much so I thought the sound was missing. Anyone else getting this?

Jay

May 19, 2012
I can hear the ball roll sound just fine on iOS, even better with earphones.

Well, I could hear it all along, but I didn't realize it was supposed to be the sound of the ball rolling on the table. The sound doesn't sync up properly with the ball's movements and comes across as a sort of background drone. It's almost like a light wind.

Last edited:

webmonkees

Mar 9, 2012
Missing: the Clacker. Pop, replay bell, thumper..

Even if the game is awarding games we can't use,
I want to hear the sound.

The clacker circuit is only bypassed on the later model featuring Add-a-ball. Since replays aren't awarding extra balls (for historical accuracy, apparently) I thought I'd mention that.
Replays? The ones listed on the machine card. By 100,000 you should have heard three pops by then. Or replays. Or extra balls if it was a add-a-ball model.

*disclaimer: 1973 Williams EM owner. Which means I would declare the game semi broken due to nonclack. Probably the coil or an noise sensitive site operator bypassed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.