Bug Ball ejecting near crate

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
I haven't played a real SS in years - can anyone with access to a real machine comment of the scoop eject near the crate? Seems like it's ejecting into the lanes - repeatedly. Is that even possible on the real table?

I also had a problem where 2 balls got stuck in the crate - I think Call Attendant took care of it though.

Other than that great table. Cant wait to read the rules and get into the wizard mode.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I haven't played a real SS in years - can anyone with access to a real machine comment of the scoop eject near the crate? Seems like it's ejecting into the lanes - repeatedly. Is that even possible on the real table?
On a properly adjusted machine, the dagger scoop should shoot the ball to the right, under the crate and into the left side of the Monster's Lab bumper. The ball then falls down toward the flippers (there is a small but nonzero chance of an SDTM drain).

It should not be ejecting anywhere near the Dead Head lanes.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This was a problem discovered late in the beta cycle, and only affects those playing on the iPad3 (other iOS devices weren't affected, which is why it wasn't caught earlier).

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
This was a problem discovered late in the beta cycle, and only affects those playing on the iPad3 (other iOS devices weren't affected, which is why it wasn't caught earlier).

Actually Gord I reported it the day the first beta 1.2.0 came out.

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
Ah - good deal. Can't wait for the fix - its definitely tough to play any mode with a countdown when the ball ejects straight into lanes. I was playing one mode with a +25 second timer and the ball kept ejecting into the lanes - I had to nudge the table during ejection in order to get the ball back. And then I accidentally tilted. So, not fun.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I'm soooooooo sick of hearing "the deadhead family album" again and again as the ball just keeps going round and round. Twice I was within 1 of completing the stiff-o-meter, just to watch in dispare and the ball got stuck in this loop and precious seconds ticked down.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm soooooooo sick of hearing "the deadhead family album" again and again as the ball just keeps going round and round. Twice I was within 1 of completing the stiff-o-meter, just to watch in dispare and the ball got stuck in this loop and precious seconds ticked down.
Nudge when the ball just hits the bumper. It'll usually break the loop.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I did nudge the second time it happened, which sent the ball straight down into the left outlane. LoL!! Such is pinball.....

Kramer

Apr 23, 2012
I wish they had fixed this as it was months ago, it was spotted.

Haven't played Scared Stiff since, as the ball repeating the same action 30+ times is frustrating.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
What's weird is that this isn't an issue with the iPad 2 version running the same iOS.

AlBravo

Mar 13, 2013
Still getting this. The trick is to nudge just as the blue jet bumpers stop flashing. That usually makes it drop downward.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I love the table and paid for the pro to get the soundbites...but yea, that crate bug is too annoying. Maybe in the next update?

Turbine

May 19, 2012
Tried nudging to stop the crate loop during Scared Still multiball and the game quit! Is this ever going to get fixed? :(

Grapper

May 2, 2013
Tried nudging to stop the crate loop during Scared Still multiball and the game quit! Is this ever going to get fixed? :(

I find it very discouraging this is still not fixed a year after. I have just bought a few tables for my ipad 4 and ended up in this loop many times during my first game. This bug should not be that hard to eliminate but still nothing is done?

Last edited:

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
Still getting the bug on iPad4 as well. It's really annoying and gives an unfair advantage to those of us on iPad 3 and 4. It's so easy to get exa balls at 10x multiplier because of this bug. Makes multiball easier too, one a ball goes up there you don't have to worry about it for a long time.

Please fix this broken table FS. Show us you care.

peckda

Sep 29, 2012
Latest iOS version had a table update for SS. Seems like the finally fixed this bug, at least on iPad 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.