Bug Android Version 1.7.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Android version 1.7.0 bugs and feedback here!

caspersgu

Sep 28, 2012
Don't know if it's only in my device, but menu buttons seems to be off now. Like if you want to see highscores you have to press the button above. Not a huge deal but annoying.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Don't know if it's only in my device, but menu buttons seems to be off now. Like if you want to see highscores you have to press the button above. Not a huge deal but annoying.

Works fine on my Galaxy S III...

N

Nik Barbour

No not got that one - did notice in pro mode, when viewing table, return button is half off bottom of screen.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I noticed in NGG that if you play in landscape mode the plunger animation is not there, just a black box.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
We need a weekly build pushed out so we can identify bugs before the app goes live.

No offense Ryan but your so called management are pretty stupid. We are offering to work for free here to make The Pinball Arcade as good as it possibly can be yet we are continually dismissed.

Farsight's rapport with its users isn't exactly fantastic as it is.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
We need a weekly build pushed out so we can identify bugs before the app goes live...

EDIT: Ryan did comment in the 1.6.0 thread why this couldn't happen, but I'll keep what I had originally written below anyhow.

It would be great to see weekly builds, however with this mode, weekly builds would need to meet a minimum standard. While we love to assist Ryan with testing, we still want a minimum standard of play.

Or be prepared to roll-back the version from the posted build links if things are really dire.

I'll offer these milestones as a starting point for digestion:

Alpha: Very early cut of the tables, with perhaps some graphic elements missing and some documented known issues. Game logic would be 100% in place.
Beta: All issues in the Alpha cut resolved, observations from the Alpha round >= 70% incorporated. Tables have >= 90% graphic elements present.
Release Candidate: Observed beta bugs incorporated, or at a minimum acknowledged. Graphics 100% implemented. Ready for release.

These are not mandates, these are suggestions up for debate. The final word resting with Ryan, because he will know what he could deliver based on previous project experience.

From what I've heard, the Android TPA community have it "much" better than the iOS community. At least we can download the full tables to test on, even though operational constraints may mean the Release Candidate reaches us a little late.

Another thing to consider is whether Ryan could do asynchronous minor updates to the app during the dev cycle.

So any bugs we've observed during the RC stage could be pushed out as a 1.7.X release.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Its just crazy how within a couple of hours we find bugs. I mean 8 ball for example. The drop targets sometimes don't reset after the ball drains. Do they even play test the tables?

N

netizen

I noticed in NGG that if you play in landscape mode the plunger animation is not there, just a black box.

I can duplicate that.

If plunger views are of concern there are several tables with varying degrees of visibility issues.
Views aside, has anyone else noticed the inconsistent plunger strength in Taxi?

In Big Shot, in order to collect the Striped Balls standard goal I had to collect the Solid Balls 2 times. The first time I got the Solid Balls goal, the second time I got the Striped Balls goal. The only difference was the 2nd time I had the 8 ball activated. I had collected the Striped balls at least once, but it didn't complete the goal. :confused:

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Is that while viewing in landscape mode?

No, that was portrait - not tried this in landscape.

Edit - just tried landscape, its totally borked.
Can't select menu items at all. View mode just pans around without control.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Jared & Carl - Ryan posted that the Android build was only done very late in the typical month schedule. It's therefore not possible to have weekly builds to test, as the Android version is only created right at the end of the cycle.

Big Shot - is something missing from ball end of plunger. A cap or something, just looks a bit blunt.
Tried IPDB but couldn't see in the pics.

N

netizen

Got my first total glitch-out since the new update.

Received a "Great Score" award/notification at the end of a game of Taxi and when it went to go to the initials entry screen it also tried to initialize a new game at the same time. Very mondo bizarro. Not that it matters much, as it serves for motivation, but my score didn't get saved either :'(

I don't know what the rules are for embedded/inserting large images, so i'll just provide a link to the screen grab I made.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83188435/Pictures/taxi great score.png

Meto

Jul 25, 2012
CV HUD is still messed up... does not appear in the upper left of the screen, but on the table itself... Hard to do the side shows with it like this

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I believe it was designed that way, there is an option to turn it on

CV HUD is still messed up... does not appear in the upper left of the screen, but on the table itself... Hard to do the side shows with it like this

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We need a weekly build pushed out so we can identify bugs before the app goes live.

Again, preaching to the choir. Though a weekly is just not possible, the tables (once i get them in their mobile form) really only take about 2-3 days to get in. It just takes quite some time to get them into working order before they get to me. Not to mention they have to be approved by the license holders. In other words you wouldn't have anything to test. Just so happened this month I am not really working on Android that much, we are all scrambling on other projects that have been assigned. It's a bloody miracle we have been able to keep up the pace we have imho

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012

CV has an interactive back glass, and as such the actual on table DMD works. Its the way the table was designed. You can turn the game HUD on but then you'll have 2. The one on table and the one in upper left. The on table DMD was actually in the play field on this one.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012

The real bug here is that the HUD on/off option is not persistent between games. It really should be.

N

netizen

The real bug here is that the HUD on/off option is not persistent between games. It really should be.

That is a huge pet peeve of mine, And that you cannot have individual table settings; be it the camera angle HUD etc.

Has anyone else noticed that the HUD cannot be disabled in Big Shot? You can turn it off in the options but the score and ball counter don't actually go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts