The Pinball Arcade Is AVAILABLE NOW! On Xbox LIVE!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The Pinball Arcade is AVAILABLE NOW for Xbox 360 on xbox.com...download it HERE or if you prefer, you can wait until Games Marketplace updates on your Xbox 360 with new releases.

Sir Dvorak

Mar 18, 2012
It looks beautiful. Ball physics are hugely improved as expected, silver ball looks just incredible. Menus seem a little laggy tho, this could be looked into. Overall I'm extatic:)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So how does it play, Mike? :)

Quick impressions on TOTAN...WOW...this table looks absolutely stunning (yet I'm not seeing the glowing light effects on the transparent ramps like in the pictures) and the ball physics are greatly improved over the PHOF Collections. Speaking of transparent ramps, they actually look like ramps now and look stunning as well. The lights on the table really stand out (yet again, the table appears a lot brighter than it did in the pictures FarSight posted). The ball is a beauty in it's own right as it looks photo realistic (yet a little pixelated at the same time) and actually feels like it has weight to it finally.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Awesome :cool:
Have fun!!

How are the leaderboards set up?

Leaderboards are pretty much set up the same as in the iOS and Android versions, except they actually work. No in-game pop ups to tell you if you're getting close to beating your friends scores like Pinball FX 2 though, but I'm sure we'll see features like this added in the future.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I think I'm going to be in a clear minority here but I prefer playing on my ipad. Obviously it looks and sounds a lot better on the 360 but there's something about playing with the screen in your hands. Maybe its just that I'm a lot closer to the action or that I'm playing in portrait but overall I think I prefer playing it on the ipad.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I only got to spend about five minutes with it this morning before I had to leave for work, but the very first ball I plunged bugged out. :(

I fired up TotAN, plunged a skill shot, hit the carpet ramp for the super skill shot (the Standard goal popped), and then I started dicking around with the camera options and let the ball drain. As the ball fell SDTM, I heard the ball locked sound clip play and saw the ball locked DMD animation. Immediately thereafter it started calculating my end of ball bonus. :confused:

Oooohhh well, hopefully we can round this type of stuff up on these forums and get a title update in the works. Kind of a mega huge bummer to see that on the first ball though. :(

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Game looks great but I am pretty bummed that there is no rotated cabinet view option. I want my screen to BE the table not a window that I can see the cabinet through.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Somethings a miss here, the 360 version doesnt appear to have any of the fantastic new lighting that has been show in the latest promotional vids, if appears to have the same lighting as the iPad version!!? :-(, also i feel the playfields could have been in a higher resolution, their not exactly High Definition are they.

I was wondering why the download was only 190 odd megs big...and now i know!!

Must admit im a little dissapointed, hopefully FS can add the lighting and high res in an update??

IdontHave50cents

Mar 10, 2012
I have my Xbox hooked up to a 19in monitor. Not high def as being on a plasma but it still looks better than iPad IMO. The best part is the 'no lag' on the flippers compared with playing on my iPad. That's huge for my gameplay. I feel like I have much better control over the game. (especially with that upper right flipper on Ripleys)

I can't comment on the look of the game until I see it on my HD tv but for now it's much better. The lighting effects look most improved on black hole where they've darkened the room/table and the illumination of the lights really pop.

I feel like TPA interface reminds me a lot of the first Pinball FX release. A little clunky as a first effort and then they WAAAAY improved it with PFX 2. Hopefully theyll do the same with a possible TPA2 next year and let us import the tables from the previous release.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Also, didn't they say the XBLA version would run at 60 frames and have 4-pass anti-aliasing? This thing looks pretty crunchy at 30fps with no AA. :(

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Actually, I think it runs at 1080p 60hz. It looks stunning, but the darkened playfield and awesome light show just aren't there.
However, the ball looks and moves superbly!
Totan still has the low res texture map at the bottom of the screen though.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Somethings a miss here, the 360 version doesnt appear to have any of the fantastic new lighting that has been show in the latest promotional vids, if appears to have the same lighting as the iPad version!!? :-(, also i feel the playfields could have been in a higher resolution, their not exactly High Definition are they.

I was wondering why the download was only 190 odd megs big...and now i know!!

Must admit im a little dissapointed, hopefully FS can add the lighting and high res in an update??

I haven't been able to play yet (turns out we're going to have company over all day....yay).

This doesn't sound good.....I noticed the file size is similar to the iPad version......what's up with that?

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I haven't been able to play yet (turns out we're going to have company over all day....yay).

This doesn't sound good.....I noticed the file size is similar to the iPad version......what's up with that?

They didn't get the memo that this is a Pinball Arcade Holiday !

I think the game is EXCELLENT....everything it looked like in the videos.....it is to me !

Graphics are outstanding !

Playing it on a 1080P LED TV....maybe that helps I dunno....but I can see ball reflections and the whole deal :)

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
I just demo'ed it on 360 and wasn't sure if I would buy it there since I love it on my Android phone already and plan on getting every table there and yeah, I probably won't. I have to admit it looks pretty good but maybe I just expected a little more for the console version. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the extreme close-ups featured in PFX tables but I would have preferred some different camera angels that would show off the tabels in greater detail. So yeah I'll pass on this one but don't worry, every table is a day one purchase for me on Android ;)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
They didn't get the memo that this is a Pinball Arcade Holiday !

I think the game is EXCELLENT....everything it looked like in the videos.....it is to me !

Graphics are outstanding !

Playing it on a 1080P LED TV....maybe that helps I dunno....but I can see ball reflections and the whole deal :)

Sorry, the game itself is great, but the lighting and overall presentation looks nothing like the latest video uploaded by xblafans on YouTube. At only 184mb, there's no way the game contains all the eye candy FarSight promised us. I'm hoping they were just trying to get the game out to the public and that they're looking to address this in a future update. I know FarSight won't let us down.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Sorry, the game itself is great, but the lighting and overall presentation looks nothing like the latest video uploaded by xblafans on YouTube. At only 184mb, there's no way the game contains all the eye candy FarSight promised us. I'm hoping they were just trying to get the game out to the public and that they're looking to address this in a future update. I know FarSight won't let us down.
Did FarSight actually state anywhere that the advanced lighting effects were going to be available immediately upon release, or did we all (myself included) just assume that from the timing of the uploaded video?

Either way, I'm hoping that the eye candy just wasn't ready in time for Microsoft's certification procedure and that it will show up in a future update.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.