Bug Mac Version 1.0.6 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 1.0.6 bugs and feedback here!

DMjoselito

Oct 30, 2012
Can you login with the farlight user and password?

i can't login , after the facebook integration question the app crashs. whether i press yes or not.

In the 1.0.4, 1.0.5 and 1.06 versions.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I'm disappointed I have to buy another Elvira machine in order to get Big Shot, which is the only new table I want. I don't want to shell out $5 for it. I don't know why FarSight took this approach on the Mac, whereas on iOS I can buy just the Big Shot table.

Also, the menu screen is deceiving because it reads, "Buy table pack or play for free," but there's no option to play any of the tables (except TotAK, I assume) for free on the Mac. Again, this is unlike iOS where I can play the table of the month. Since I've already bought sets of tables, the "play for free" seems to refer to the newest collection.

Last edited:

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
Under the PRO Menu and table exploration... I haven't found a way to zoom in... I am assuming this is possible of the iOS version, because other wise it is just a angled top down view. So I guess that's a bug.

heimburg

Oct 31, 2012
Just installed the Mac version for the first time with 10.0.6 today. I can't login to my account (made earlier for Android, so I know it works) -- it gets to "Do you want to compare Facebook scores with your friends?" and if I answer no, it locks up. If I answer yes, I'm shown a Facebook login without any fields on it, and it locks up.

If I enter an invalid password while signing in, it locks up immediately. If I press the "Leaderboards" button on any table, the game locks up.

By "locks up" I mean that it shows the beach ball wait cursor, stops accepting input, eventually stops playing music, and must be force-quit. I gave it several minutes and it never came back.

heimburg

Oct 31, 2012
Also, when viewing table info, the logo for the table is overlaid atop the text, making the first several lines completely illegible!

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
BIG SHOT not resetting drop targets

In
24zlyj5.jpg6

I have noticed occasionally that Big Shot does not reset the targets from one ball to another, this does not happen all the time, not sure what makes it occur. But as you can see in the photo, it hadn't reset, and left me with three drop targets, when i hit those and got the 8 ball lit the special wouldn't light for me to reset the targets.

MF_

May 23, 2012
Can you login with the farlight user and password?

i can't login , after the facebook integration question the app crashs. whether i press yes or not.

In the 1.0.4, 1.0.5 and 1.06 versions.

Same here. I emailed Farsight. They suggested (after a 5 day wait for a reply) I uninstall and reinstall the app. Which I'd already done because of their F-up with the App Store version last time.

Didn't help, it still causes the process to hang.

That feature has been broken for months. I don't think they really care about Mac OS users. Which really sucks, because I've bought all their table packs and even contributed to the Kickstarter for Twilight Zone and STTNG. Looks like I'll be getting my TZ/STTTNG tables on a platform that looks like crap and crashes. Nice job FS. :(

Farsiight - How about you fix the app before making anymore table packs?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In
24zlyj5.jpg6

I have noticed occasionally that Big Shot does not reset the targets from one ball to another, this does not happen all the time, not sure what makes it occur. But as you can see in the photo, it hadn't reset, and left me with three drop targets, when i hit those and got the 8 ball lit the special wouldn't light for me to reset the targets.

I made a seperate thread for the Big Shot drop target bug, so please help me figure out a way to reproduce the bug here:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2412-Drop-Targets-Not-Resetting-No-End-of-Ball-Bonus

rivalschools

Jun 19, 2012
Also, you still can't nudge/flip at the same time. :\

Was stoked about finally updating to Mountain Lion to get all the DLC, being able to see leaderboards/friends scores would be awesome. Other than that, works great for me under 10.8.2 on my '09 Mac Pro.

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
Also, you still can't nudge/flip at the same time. :\

Was stoked about finally updating to Mountain Lion to get all the DLC, being able to see leaderboards/friends scores would be awesome. Other than that, works great for me under 10.8.2 on my '09 Mac Pro.

Rivalschools what I have found is that using shift you cannot nudge while having a flipper engaged. But you can if you use the left/right arrow. Not sure what this all about, I think it could do something with the fact that Shift are known to be modifiers of buttons, and unless specifically coded to handle this exception. You get this bug.

Now the bug I see with using the arrow flippers is that you can only nudge once in the same direction, without reflipping or nudging in the opposite direction first.

Jay

May 19, 2012
The odd graphics bug in CFTBL is still present: when the ball rolls to the upper section of the table, the camera zooms in to a top-down view of the snack bar area.

cftbl.jpg

rivalschools

Jun 19, 2012
...I think it could do something with the fact that Shift are known to be modifiers of buttons, and unless specifically coded to handle this exception. You get this bug.

Makes sense. It's not a huge deal, as I've been putting up scores that trounce mine in real life even with it...I'd just like leaderboards/login/FB bragging to work right for now. :cool:

rivalschools

Jun 19, 2012
Also, this has been an issue for me since the initial download -- I'm sure audio quality was cut to keep download sizes reasonable for the iOS version which this is based off of, but does the ingame audio have to be so cracky? Even when it's just music playing, it sounds like a fizzling electrical wire in the background.

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
So finally got around to testing the facebook login/post to your timeline. Yeah total bug, black screen can't do anything to clear it but quit the application from a force quit.

Also there is still the two player bug when you both get a high score, the second player cannot enter initials, and unless your in a DMD game where there is timer to enter your score you are permanently stuck at the screen.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
The blackscreen during Facebook posting is annoying but simple to get around. CMD + OPT + F to get out of full screen. FB will be behind the TPA black screen waiting for you to authorize yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.