Finally Got Atlantis on Ripley's Believe It or Not!

GDW

Mar 17, 2012
I wasn't even planning on playing this table, but I thought I would give it a go. It took me way longer than both TOM and AN, but it was worth it. I couldn't believe it when Atlantis came up. Stoked. Table is now dead for me...I really don't think i'll take on Black Hole but that's what I said about Ripley's; and it was great. :)

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Nice going! Imo Atlantis is the most difficult Wizard mode to achieve of all tables. Made it to all continents once but didn't get all Ripley letters..

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Congrats! Ripley's is probably the table I have played the most sofar but I have not reached Atlantis yet, and it's pretty hard to get all the letters. But it doesn't matter, still a lot of fun anyway!

GDW

Mar 17, 2012
Getting all the continents was a huge milestone in itself and the response from the machine was really good. Surely it's very rare for a Pinball to stop for so long, while it goes through all of your achievements one by one; very cool. Great game.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
it sucks, that once you got all standard goals in a game it doesn't unlock wizard goals until your next game. i probably got 4 of them (atlantis, ripoff, etc.) with one of my first games where i unlocked the last standard goals (got a nice 75 million out of that game)

Trash Man

Apr 5, 2012
Best I've managed so far is 5 letters lit. I just rely going through the continents a few times as the only ones I seem to be able to get the letters from is Asia and Australia. Managed to get a letter from a couple of the others once or twice. Going to stick at it though. Still the need the frog frenzy goal as well.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I had one unbelievable game (134 million) where I got really lucky. It gave me ripley's letters for a bonus a bunch of times. I ended up getting all 7 letters plus another R-I-P-L-E! Got to Atlantis and kicked butt. Can't even come close to that again.

Trash Man

Apr 5, 2012
I had one unbelievable game (134 million) where I got really lucky. It gave me ripley's letters for a bonus a bunch of times. I ended up getting all 7 letters plus another R-I-P-L-E! Got to Atlantis and kicked butt. Can't even come close to that again.

Where do you get the bonus letters from? Must have played this table for well over 10 hours now and I have not had a bonus letter yet :(

GDW

Mar 17, 2012

That's a monster. :)

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I kept hitting the center scoop a zillion times and mustve got lucky because it gave me 3 or 4 "add ripley letter" bonuses.

Trash Man

Apr 5, 2012
Finally got it :) After Atlantis the machine got stuck in a loop though.

It said there is was ball missing and it's looking for pinballs. Just kept cycling through the same thing. Nothing happened though and there was no way out of it. Little annoying, as I was on nearly 200 million with 1 ball + shoot again left.

GDW

Mar 17, 2012
Finally got it :) After Atlantis the machine got stuck in a loop though.

It said there is was ball missing and it's looking for pinballs. Just kept cycling through the same thing. Nothing happened though and there was no way out of it. Little annoying, as I was on nearly 200 million with 1 ball + shoot again left.

That's unlucky. :(

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I like the challenge. I think that is what I like about This table. Most of the continent missions are timed and tough to get a completed score. That said I know that you don't have to beat every continent at once. You can achieve letters in other ways though I don't have the rules memorized. it's like 400+ pages. I haven't got to Atlantis yet but like many pinball tables, I will get there. It took me a while to get Wizard modes in the marvel and Zen games once I figured out what to do.

The table rules/instructions for TBA are so much better than ZEN. It actually shows you where to hit targets and loops etc. Take the time to read them it certainly helped my scores right off the bat.

TOTAN was pretty straight forward and I didn't have a problem beating wizard mode. TOM I'm always a few illusions short but I will get it eventually.

Is that the Bozo bonus or the Believe it or not! bonus?

I believe that it could be the 'believe it or not' scoop. It gives you random bonuses when the light is on.

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
With all Ripley's letters lit a ball got lost on the table. Luckily it could be reset and I managed to get to Atlantis, but after finishing Atlantis mode the game got stuck missing a ball again. It was my last ball anyhow and not my highest score, but I really hope this is being fixed in a next update.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Trash Man, sorry I didn't reply! I must've lost track of the thread. I'm not even sure what the difference is between bozo bonus and believe it or not bonus. It was a random thing though as it gave me several of them.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I bumped my high score on Ripley's from 23m to 62m last night. Managed to get every continent - having it go through the bonuses one by one after doing that was pretty cool. Somehow I doubt I'll ever get Atlantis but I'll definitely try.

When I first got TPA, Ripley's was my favorite of the four tables. Having never played it before, I found it really cool. Now, however, I find myself frustrated by the flipper action of the left flipper a little bit and the bugs with balls get lost or games not starting. Minor issues all of them but annoying nonetheless. And I found I just like Theater of Magic more :) Still, Ripley's is a great game with tons to do and I'll definitely be playing it a lot.

Tabe

Last edited:

GDW

Mar 17, 2012
TOM is a really slick clever game. Ripley's seems a little bit confusing and jumbled, but only by comparison. But each pinball in there own right is really good...you can see how clever the creators are and why they did certain things, certain ways etc. I'm glad I took on Ripley's, it was really rewarding.

But Medieval Madness is just shocking! I got over 200million and got no where near finishing it. I honestly can't see myself finishing it...and after all the hours I've put in...that's a bad pinball! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts