Tegra3 options?

Jeff Carpenter

Oct 23, 2012
I have noticed there are games for android built specifically with options for Tegra3 Nvidia chips. They have better textures and model resolution etc. Can we get this going for Pinball Arcade? Not that I'm complaining I love these games but the added fidelity would be great if we can get there.

Thank you

Jeff Carpenter

Oct 23, 2012
What's not working?
Maybe they are emulating reality most of the pinballs I play in real life have something broke! -Joke

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I thought that was what the textures option was for?

The game runs smooth on my Nexus 7, though I've notices since the new update that the 'flyover' for the two new tables seems a little slow. Play Big Shot or Scared Stiff, then after your score, hit continue and watch the camera fly over the table. Seems a little slow/stuttering to me.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I find that after a long session, on top of McGuirk's observations, after a certain time I've not determined the table will also just start playing choppily.

If i restart the app it behaves normally.

This isn't such a big deal with Big Shot but Scared Stiff is a bit more annoying because i have it happen in the middle of my second or third game.
I'm playing on an S3

Jeff Carpenter

Oct 23, 2012
I thought that was what the textures option was for?

The game runs smooth on my Nexus 7, though I've notices since the new update that the 'flyover' for the two new tables seems a little slow. Play Big Shot or Scared Stiff, then after your score, hit continue and watch the camera fly over the table. Seems a little slow/stuttering to me.

In theory they are high textures but I think there is a lot of room for improvement and some better lighting conditions to make the game display more dynamic and less chaotic.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
=) gratzi. Just finishing up the tournament beta stuff then on to getting TZ on Android so you guys can start beta'ing it ;) Tomorrow or the next

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
=) gratzi. Just finishing up the tournament beta stuff then on to getting TZ on Android so you guys can start beta'ing it ;) Tomorrow or the next

Can't wait...will the tournament beta be available for testing as well?

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
G G# G E G G# G E G G# G E G G# G E

So looking forward to both TZ and tourney beta. Hope the 6 balls in LITZ won't make my phone explode. If I ever reach it, that is.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Good luck all you TZ beta backers! Test hard!

On behalf of those who didn't have the pennies to splurge to that level, we thank you for your diligence in advance. :-D

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Ugh... I thought "you guys" meant all of us android users. Forgot about the Kickstarter o_O

/me has to calm down and wait a little longer.

N

Nik Barbour

I'm a little confused too....

PinWiz said he was looking forward to testing on this thread, yet he's at the $100 dollar tier (from the TZ email thread) . Just checked Kickstarter and beta access level was $500 (12+2+1 backers qualify).

I don't know who qualifies for the Android beta build Ryan mentioned, is it everyone?

I know it's not what Kickstarter's are about, but if I'd forked out $500 then Farsight gave everyone android beta access even if they didn't pledge, I wouldn't back that level on the next Kickstarter.

I wonder when my guided tour around Farsight studio's is going to be scheduled ($5k tier)? :D (yeah i wish)!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I believe Ryan is doing the standard Android BETA testing which means it should be open to all Android users.

N

Nik Barbour

Cheers PinWiz - guess we'll find out soon either way.

(If it is Everyone - It still doesn't seem fair to the 15 who paid for it, unless they have already had it a while [although I could have sworn someone posted they had gone to the beta tier, and hadn't received it recently, like in the last week or similar] Oh well - none of my business!)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Cheers PinWiz - guess we'll find out soon either way.

(If it is Everyone - It still doesn't seem fair to the 15 who paid for it, unless they have already had it a while [although I could have sworn someone posted they had gone to the beta tier, and hadn't received it recently, like in the last week or similar] Oh well - none of my business!)

Those who pledged at the $500 tier have BETA access to platforms other than Android and iOS.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for the info!
(wonder if they got that for xbox? - It's an expensive way around the dlc problem :D)
The consoles were not on the list of options. The whole submission/certification/fee thing would make beta testing impractical, not to mention the 360's publisher-gone-bankrupt quagmire. The PC version was one of the choices, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts