elvira, another FUZZY machine

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
ELVIRA, now joins blackknight, gorgar, and circus volitare in my list of FUZZY machines, weather it's pixels or lighting, there is a huge difference in definition and resolution when compared to the other machines, and there is no better example then the latest game pack(elvira/gofers), gofers is crisp and defined, whereas elvira seems blurry, don't substitute quality to meet a deadline, i'de rather wait for a better product. gofers is great, except for the white ramp area covering the upper field, it's way to pronounced and actually takes away from this otherwise great game. does farsight have the ability to go back and correct things like this with their updates? i believe they have already with arabian nights, as shortly after downloading it, a day or so later it seemed to have better resolution, am i cracking up?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Well "fuzzy" or "blurry" graphics is definitely a sign of lower resolution, or it could be the anti-aliasing algorithm being employed. PS3 uses a lot of different AA techniques that you don't often see on other platforms, the worst is Quincux AA (misspelled that I think) which is very muddy and not so good, then there's FXAA, which is decent but can still blur texture details and things like that... It's all a bit technical... I need to consult the PS3 memo.

Basically my guess is, I would think, that Gofers would actually be a more taxing game on the hardware than Elvira... so maybe Gofers has no AA while Elvira is employing one of the above aforementioned types... I could answer this but I don't have the machine yet. With all the glitches reported and the reports of poor graphics/lighting I'm rethinking my purchase though.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts