Anyone still going to support this version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
First off, I appreciate what PA stands for-allowing us to enjoy classic tables at a more-than-fair price. Even though I don't play the iPhone version very much due to the small screen, I still buy tables to support FarSight's efforts, and will support the PC version 100% when it is released (sorry, don't have the income to support 100% of the kickstarter drives LOL).
I love the XBox 360 version. Barring a few minor bugs (like that teleporting ball on CV), it is the most solid version IMHO. Like many others, I am beyond frustrated that we don't know when (or if) we will receive new tables. Although FarSight says they're committed to bringing us more tables on the 360, why should continue to support the stagnant 360 version while everyone else is getting great tables-and there's no concrete promise of anything new anytime soon?
I can't be alone in thinking this. Chime in!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
ALL tables will be released on the Xbox 360 and the wait will be well worth it. As I've stated before, the Xbox 360 version is the best overall version (consistent visuals and minimal bugs) IMHO. I will continue to support this version as I don't see any of the other versions, sans the PC version, surpassing the overall completeness of the Xbox 360 version...I'll glady wait.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I totally agree with PiN WiZ. I don't like waiting, but I understand the difficulties with Crave going bankrupt and I feel the wait will definitely be worth it in the end.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just be patient. Like PW said, they will come.

In the meantime, look at the bright side: a year ago there were 0 tables in The Pinball Arcade on Xbox 360. I think we'd all agree that 10 is a heck of a lot better than 0.

Farsight is doing all they can to bring us more, but let's also not forget to be thankful for what we already have.

BTW, just imagine if a guy went out and bought 10 pinball machines to put in his basement. If that wouldn't be enough to satisfy a person for at least a year, then I have to wonder if they'd ever be happy, no matter how many they added to their collection.

mark21667

Banned for Multiple Accounts
Aug 29, 2012
I have moved on to the PS3 version. I can see the 360 version falling further and further behind even if they don't give up on it altogether.

N

Nik Barbour

I'll still be here waiting for the xbox tables.

Can't say I'm happy to wait, but lack of options means wait or walk.
And I would prefer to wait given those 2 choices!

I am grateful Farsight haven't just given up on the 360.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, the Xbox version has problems because Crave (the publisher) went bankrupt.

N

Nik Barbour

This entire 360 forum section is just such a depressing place now.

Jeff - any chance you can play something bluesy on that guitar of yours to go with the mood?
I've got a harmonica here, you start us off, I'll join in, PinWiz your on vocals. Anyone else feel free to improvise. :D

I hope Farsight will post regular updates (even minor stuff) don't know if the mods could organise a weekly thing.
If not - there might not be many 360 forum people left here. Regular updates might go some way to stem the desertions.

I think it's in Farsight's interest to keep going with the 360. Even if a few of the more hardcore users on this forum understandably can't wait, there are 10's of thousands of casual gamers who will - and new users who'll stumble across TPA for the first time.
It will generate cash for Farsight - it just isn't going to be a cutting edge fan choice anymore!

Last edited:

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
as an avid xbox hater... guyz bare with it. us pinheads gotta stick together. TPA crosses all boundaries.

peace.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I kinda put TPA on hold for a while now, mostly due to playing Borderlands 2 and Xcom, but now that I'm looking into it again, I'm mentally juggling between versions:

-I might buy pack 5 and 6 for PSN from the Us store (small problem, I only have enough funds for one and dont wanna buy another US card ^^)
-but the xbox is my preferred platform in general, all my downloadable games are on there including all my PFX2 tables and all TPA-ones. On PS3 I only have Bop/MM DLC. Also for TPA specifically due to no lag on the TV (although in 720p its a lot better on the ps3 seemingly), I'd prefer to get pack 5,6,7 on 360 but that seems impossible for 2012
-unless the PC comes out first, in which case I'll fully transfer into that as that would remove any downfalls of all the other versions like accessibilty due to region, lag, controller, graphics and all DLC and patching issues.

I've kinda given up on iOS-DLC because I'm just to competitive to not play without a controller and/or nudge. Ill play the Beta's and TOTM, but I can't get past the lower graphics (on iPad 1) and controller issues

Last edited:

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
♪♪♪
Well since ol' Crave went bankrupt
Xbox tables are on hold
And all us loyal fans are caught in
A Pinball Limbo
♪♪♪

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'll probably still get at least some of the tables for the 360, since it's impractical to move my ridiculously-heavy PC downstairs every time I want to play on the big screen. But I foresee the PC version becoming my main platform for TPA.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Just be patient. Like PW said, they will come.

In the meantime, look at the bright side: a year ago there were 0 tables in The Pinball Arcade on Xbox 360. I think we'd all agree that 10 is a heck of a lot better than 0.

Farsight is doing all they can to bring us more, but let's also not forget to be thankful for what we already have.

BTW, just imagine if a guy went out and bought 10 pinball machines to put in his basement. If that wouldn't be enough to satisfy a person for at least a year, then I have to wonder if they'd ever be happy, no matter how many they added to their collection.
We actually only have 7. BH, TOM, and MM are so jacked up they don't really count. To use your 10 real tables analogy, it would be like three of those machines are broken.
I will continue to support them because the 360 platform is the only one I currently own. I occasionally borrow an Android, but pinball on a touch screen is also not precise enough for me to really enjoy it. Touch screen flipper failure results in a vast majority of drains, as my Android scores are a fraction of what they are on 360, or even, in some cases, IRL. The PC version is definitely an option the, though I do not like or trust Steam. The downloads on Steam have a nasty tendency to be several gigabytes higher than the program itself would justify.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
We actually only have 7. BH, TOM, and MM are so jacked up they don't really count.
While I'm aware that Theatre of Magic's magnasaves are hit-or-miss, and that Medieval Madness has some general weirdness going on, to say that neither one counts is hardly accurate. I have 8.5B high score on ToM, and several in the 7B range...not scores I would expect to achieve on a "broken" table.

Black Hole I don't really care for, and I don't play enough of it to comment on it.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
We actually only have 7. BH, TOM, and MM are so jacked up they don't really count. To use your 10 real tables analogy, it would be like three of those machines are broken.
I will continue to support them because the 360 platform is the only one I currently own. I occasionally borrow an Android, but pinball on a touch screen is also not precise enough for me to really enjoy it. Touch screen flipper failure results in a vast majority of drains, as my Android scores are a fraction of what they are on 360, or even, in some cases, IRL. The PC version is definitely an option the, though I do not like or trust Steam. The downloads on Steam have a nasty tendency to be several gigabytes higher than the program itself would justify.

Theatre of Magic and Medieval Madness? Dude I have like near a billion score in Medieval, I'm well aware that the flippers are a little too far apart but everything else about the table is like, nearly flawless. And 95% of my drains are due to outlanes on that table. Theatre of Magic is again, incredibly polished on 360! I feel you the magna save barely works but see I had just assumed it was like that in real life, and they were going for realism. Again I have over 8 billion in that game, that's very minor stuff.

I feel you on Black Hole though.

Anyway to answer the OP yes I will continue to support the 360 version. PC is going to be the definitive version, there is simply no question about this. However I do not have the money to be building a PC from scratch atm. The Wii U version will probably be the second best, but again it's a quite expensive console that I am not really interested in. I'm looking for a 200$ PS3 to hold me over on the 360 DLC, or maybe I'll get an Ouya for 100$... but if that doesn't work out, then I'm cool just playing the iOS version to hold me over to be honest.

We'll see what's up. But my Xbox isn't going anywhere, I'm definitely buying Halo 4 so when the DLC comes it comes.

Last edited:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Thank god for iOS. Sucks if the only console you have is a 360 to be certain. Hang in there everyone!

N

Nik Barbour

♪♪♪
Regular dlc,
Ain't happening for me,
Cause I was stoopid enough to buy the 360,
If I'd only done the smart thing, and bought a ps3!

(pause for harmonica solo)
♪♪♪

Volitar Prime

Jun 24, 2012
I have already stopped supporting this product as I have not even purchased DLC #3 yet. I'm waiting for the bugs to get fixed first, which at this time may not happen until some time next year, if at all.

I will not buy this for any other platform.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
The Xbox is my platform of choice. I own every Pinball FX 2 table,and I own every TPA table so far.If I really can't wait to play a table until this all gets straightened out,then Ill buy it on my iPad.

Otherwise,I'm waiting patiently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.