Reason FarSight Didn't Show Launch Tables On Xbox 360 At Texas Pinball Festival

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm beginning to wonder if the reason FarSight didn't show the four launch tables running on an Xbox 360 at the Texas Pinball Festival was because the new lighting wasn't finished on them. The four launch tables were shown with the new lighting on the PS3 and MM and TM:BOPB were both shown on the Xbox 360 with the new lighting. My only hope is that FarSight is in the process of finishing up adding the new lighting to the four launch tables for Xbox 360 and looking to update them soon. If not, I may have to pull the trigger on buying a PS3 so I can have the best visual presentation of The Pinball Arcade on a console.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
If this is the case then i dont think FS should of released it for the 360 on the 4th and maybe of waited until the 10th like the PS3 version. I know we would of been pissed in the delay but least we would have had the final article and not a beta. My only fear is it might be a good while until FS get around to patching up the release tables :-(

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I got a reply from Farsight when I asked about the lighting. "The HDR tech behind the lighting hasn't changed, but we're learning to use it more effectively as we make more tables. It's WAY beyond what we had to work with in Pinball Hall of Fame (where most of the lighting was faked, not dynamic)". From the sounds of it, I'm guessing the X360 one was made and submitted first, with the lighting from the PS3 version changed after they made the DLC tables.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
While I'd like to see the improved lighting used eventually, I still think the game looks pretty damn good. Better than PHOF for sure.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
If this is the case then i dont think FS should of released it for the 360 on the 4th and maybe of waited until the 10th like the PS3 version. I know we would of been pissed in the delay but least we would have had the final article and not a beta. My only fear is it might be a good while until FS get around to patching up the release tables :-(

Improved lighting would be nice but at the end of the day I would rather play an early build than nothing at all. Some of the tables for Visual Pinball look like garbage but they are still fun.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'd have to say that lower quality lighting doesn't make for a beta table. Understanding that there are bugs, I myself haven't seen anyone calling the PS3 version a beta version. Overall, the 360 version looks great, even though the lighting could be better. Especially the contrast on Black Hole.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts