Nexus 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pghjerry

Aug 1, 2012
Would Pinball Arcade work on a Nexus 10? I really want that tablet , but it has a Dual-core A15 processor instead of a Tegra 3, would this be an issue?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
shouldn't be =) should even be able to use the higher textures. Hopefully when tournaments have been rolled out I will be able to implement the higher detail models as well, which I have been planning for a while.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
shouldn't be =) should even be able to use the higher textures. Hopefully when tournaments have been rolled out I will be able to implement the higher detail models as well, which I have been planning for a while.

Ho-ho high-textures from Santa!

Christmas will indeed be jolly.;-)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Higher textures are already packed in. The filter option helps if you have it, and your gpu decides with mipmap level to choose.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Even though the Nexus 10 is only a dual core, the A15 design is a LOT more efficient and faster per clock cycle than the A9 based chips of today, such as the Tegra3. The Exynos 5 CPU in the Nexus 10 is faster than the Tegra 3 and even the Quad Core Snapdragon S4 Pro found in the Nexus 4.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
The Nexus 10 looks like an awesome piece of gear.

The only caveat I can think of is that it comes factory installed with Jelly Bean, which is the first version of the OS that doesn't support Flash. If this isn't important to you than all lights should be green!

pghjerry

Aug 1, 2012
If anybody gets a Nexus 10 let me know how Pinball Arcade works, I'm still hesitant to buy one.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I ordered one this morning. Not sure how the extra resolution is going to affect performance, hopefully it can still run it at 60fps as that's the main reason I've upgraded.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Holy resolution batman.

Full Size here: http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6109/nexus1011full.jpg

nexus1011full.jpg

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Very cool =) Bobby wants me to have a Beta build out to you guys today (was patching up last minute stuff for the ios build yesterday) so stay tuned!

Resolution looks great on that thing. Great thing about the way Android is set up, the mipmaping will automatically choose the best size for your screens resolution using pixel space =D

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Very cool =) Bobby wants me to have a Beta build out to you guys today (was patching up last minute stuff for the ios build yesterday) so stay tuned!

Resolution looks great on that thing. Great thing about the way Android is set up, the mipmaping will automatically choose the best size for your screens resolution using pixel space =D

That is great news. Look forward to trying the new build.

pghjerry

Aug 1, 2012
Spiby let us know how this plays, Pinball Arcade is the only reason I wanna get a tablet, so of course I want the best tablet for Pinball arcade. What draws me to the Nexus 10 is the high res and the front facing speakers

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Frontend doesn't scale quite so well.

2012-11-15%2018.09.45.png

One of my favorite features of this tablet is the fact that you have front facing speakers. That is something annoyingly rare on tablets. The Res looks good, Carl. You should enjoy playing on that I think. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.