Cactus Canyon Continued

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In case you haven't heard of this new version of CC:

"I've slapped a P-ROC board in my Cactus Canyon and am working on recreating the original game, and then expanding on it."

And a rundown of key bits I've added so far:
- A new super skill-shot with better prizes that requires a follow up shot on the playfield to collect
- A new gimmick multiball called "Drunk Multiball" with reversed flippers that ties to the beer mug target and saloon
- A new mode that alternates with Showdown called Ambush, which is a cross between Quickdraw and showdown
- A match animation, though frivolous, since it's free play
- A new tumbleweed animation/award for full loops once the horse/trick shots are complete
- A new ramp shot combo system
- Several new 'high score' category types
- A new quirky 'move your train' mode
- Cowboys vs Aliens multiball
- 2 new "Save Polly" modes, one for each ramp
- And of course, Bionic Bart

A lot more details here:
http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Question - Do the two revolvers down toward the flippers do anything (like cannons on STTNG) or are they just for show? I hope they actually do something. They look like they just obstruct the view needlessly.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They're just for looks.

Wouldn't it be neat if TPA could emulate a P-ROC board?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I've never seen a CC in real life, but that drunk multiball sounds like a great idea.

More info on Drunk Multiball:

- Drunk multiball is earned with shots to the Beer Mug target (configurable amount).
- Once lit, it starts with a shot to the saloon.
- During the multiball, the GI is off and the flippers are reversed
- Shots to the beer mug target add jackpots on the 5 major shots, none are lit to start.
- There's a hefty ball save when the mode starts, and another after you're down to one ball and the mode ends.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It would be neat if the did emulate one then give us the DMD BOP:) I met them at PPE really cool guys Im sure theyd be willing to do a trade for some graphics design for their P3.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It would be neat if the did emulate one then give us the DMD BOP:) I met them at PPE really cool guys Im sure theyd be willing to do a trade for some graphics design for their P3.

It'd be kinda cool if we could make our own P-ROC mods and play them on TPA, eh? That might almost be better than an original table editor, although I don't know if it's possible due to the licensing.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012

The P3 guys were really nice, but they're not the ones behind the BOP DMD, these guys are:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/

Anyhow, yeah, it would be great if the BOP dmd version can come out for TPA, I'd gladly pay the price of the table just for that mod as an add on. And I'm sure the pricing of real BOP tables will skyrocket amongst collectors when the final release version comes out, so there will definitely be a huge demand for it within the pinball community at least...

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
drunk multiball is a great idea. i wonder if crossing your arms while playing (IRL) would help. if this hits TPA flipping over the controller to its backside would have a similar effect as crossing your arms. but i guess using either of these options would defeat the whole experience.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Zen did the reverse flippers on their Spiderman table. I just flip the controller upside down quickly and all is normal!

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
drunk multiball is a great idea. i wonder if crossing your arms while playing (IRL) would help. if this hits TPA flipping over the controller to its backside would have a similar effect as crossing your arms. but i guess using either of these options would defeat the whole experience.

In my experience playing the aforementioned Springfield Mystery Spot on TSPP (reverse flipper mode), crossing your arms is where it's at! Makes a huge difference- although be prepared for some looks if you're playing on location. Not that you're likely to see a CC in an arcade...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I know the P-ROC guys arnt behind the BOP DMD but they make the boards so they know them inside and out, so much theyre making their own pinball table the P3.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
hiya clawhammer. welcome to the forum. we live near each other. i'm in da springs.

Awesome! Have you checked out Arcade Amusements in Manitou Springs? I hope it's still around, it had a lot of EMs when I went there. Also, I'm the admin for the colorado pinball map- http://www.pinballmap.com/colorado. You can look up machines by city or by machine, so you could find machines in the Springs or other areas if you're traveling. Check it out if you haven't already, and if you have the time you can help out by updating the site. Users have the ability to add and remove machines at locations that already exist on the map. If there is a location that isn't on the map you can press the "suggest new location" and I'll get it on there ASAP. Colorado represent!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.