For the love of God! (bug frustrations)

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Farsight please stop putting out bugged out tables and fix the ones that are. We deserve bug-free tables. And TZ had better be perfect for 9.99. Keep doing this and you will continually lose customers across the board. I am tired of things not getting fixed or when it does it breaks something else. Pathetic. Please try to do better as I want to support you but I may be on my way out.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
@xAzatothx: There are enough bug threads already and Farsight hasn't commented on any of the things that have been reported there.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Agreed. Enough with new table releases and concentrate on fixing the existing bugs, some of which should've been resolved long ago.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I am just telling them they're gonna lose customers sooner or later I have all the bugs you guys do and it's deplorable. I agree with new table releases being held off to fix bugs, but they have to make money....don't they?

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
Wow you paid a couole of bucks for pinball tables and you're angry because they have minor bugs. I can't imagine how crazy angry you would become if you paid like 2000 dollars for a real machine and then you had to change rubbers and adjust things. You could kill someone.

None of the bugs I've encountered has made the game any less for me so as long as I know they will eventually get fix I prefer having new tables regularly. I want Centaur!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Are you expecting FS to reply to this thread? Why not fire an email to their support address instead.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Also the OP can be a little more respectful when sending the email and the tone should be more subtle. FS has been doing great by providing the content that people have been complaining that they haven't been doing on a consistent basis. Report the bugs and they will get to fixing them. They are but a small studio providing content on most to all platforms, whilst creating more tables for future releases. Cut them some slack please!

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I almost created a thread similar to this one but, I couldn't do it. Ultimately, I still feel this game has good bang to its buck.

I would propose a solution, however... More beta testing.

If I were FarSight, I would hold tournaments where the prizes were opportunities to be a beta tester. Let's say I wanted extra BTs for AFM, I would pick an existing, comparable table (MM in this case) and hold a week-long tournament on it. At the end of the week, I would take the top 3-5 scores, on each platform, and offer them chance to be a beta tester. I dunno, just a thought.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Thread is non specific regarding issues with the game and not helpful. Should be closed.

The last I checked, this is a forum... a.k.a. a place for discussion. Whether you agree with the OP or not, it is still a source of debate and therefore perfectly valid.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'd like to know what the deplorable bugs are. I mean yeah there are some that make you have to restart a game. Ok damn restart and get on with it. There are no tables that are absolutely unplayable. We've all had scores ruined. Hell I've had real tables just restart on me too out of the blue.

I like the "I think we deserve" part. Why do we deserve? Because we traded a couple bucks for the table? Ok yeah we deserve a quality release and we got it. I'm not saying that FS should just sit on their laurels but I'm afraid you don't have anything to back your argument up. The quality of the tables is not only good, but they do make improvements. They do fix bugs and are always trying to find better ways to address and prioritize bugs. You do know that changing one piece of code can have unforeseen consequences right? They can't just start flipping numbers around. They adjust a flipper it could possibly break something seemingly unrelated...then more angry threads about bugs.

As for them losing a bunch of customers. Well there is more and more activity here all the time. Not just membership numbers (since people do come and go) but more thread activity and more people saying hi all the time. I'm pretty certain they are still in a net gain of customers. Take a look at some of us who have several hundred posts, and then those who are in the thousands. We aren't the fly-by-nighters, we request and report bugs. We propose solutions, we get feedback from the devs, but if they spend all their time here chatting with us, then who will program and develop the game. I challenge you to create a single table in a pre-existing engine, perfect and bug free in your first or even second attempt.

What bugs are so game breaking that you can't finish a single game ever? I've played them all bud, i own them all on several platforms. Can you reproduce a single bug reliably? Have you spent any time providing any assistance or do you usually get what you want by kicking and screaming with a self-entitled attitude?

Please take a look at the general atmosphere of the forums and participate in some intelligent discussion. What you started was nothing more than a temper tantrum.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
While he definitely could've been less whiney and more specific, he does have a valid concern. The bugs and art issues are getting a bit more excessive with each new update. Since the latest PS3 update, Black Hole for instance is currently busted due to the game-ending lower playfield ball lock bug, the center lock is now broken in TOTAN, and those are just two new bugs that I've personally found on the older tables (in addition to all the older bugs that still haven't been fixed). The newer tables are a whole different ball game of their own....and what in the world is up with the plunger now? I've lost count of how many times I've went to launch a ball and absolutely nothing happens except, as Bob Uecker would say, "A swing and a miss!"

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I am not being whiney, but truthful...there seem to be many game-breaking bugs about and Superballs shut up you don't even have a PS3...The bugs are alreadty listed read....and I watch the numbers of sells across the PS3 at least and they are not great....Don't care about Xbox or silly handheld devices....I just want fixed games that's it. I did post a bug but setting to full RGB fixed it in Elvira but even that has a game ending bug....They update the handhelds more frequently because of less stringent rules...Sony unforunately takes awhile. That's all I am gonna say...If I had a decent PC I could be playing for free witth tables that rival and beat TPA. But I still remain hopeful. Over and out.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Farsight please stop putting out bugged out tables and fix the ones that are. We deserve bug-free tables. And TZ had better be perfect for 9.99. Keep doing this and you will continually lose customers across the board. I am tired of things not getting fixed or when it does it breaks something else. Pathetic. Please try to do better as I want to support you but I may be on my way out.

I'm sorry, but I have to say that I'm all for open discussion, suggestions and reporting of specific bugs and imperfections to help make The Pinball Arcade the best simulator ever, but the OP does non of the aforementioned and merely gives an ultimatum.

If you are dissatisfied with the current product, by all means, post specific bugs and constructive feedback that FarSight can use to improve The Pinball Arcade. If not, please move on without trying to bring down the morale of the FarSight development team as doing so does nothing but hurt the further progression of this project.

Posts like that of the OP are the reason why Gord Lacey created this forum and I don't think they belong here. While this is a forum for discussion, it's also a forum that the FarSight development team uses to get constructive feedback on The Pinball Arcade that they can use or take into consideration to better improve the overall experience of The Pinball Arcade.

These types of posts have no place here and should not be allowed.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The bugs and art issues are just stacking up more and more with each release kinda making a mountain 1 mole hill afrer another at what point does FS say ok weve made enough tables for now , now lets fix this.....as long as $ coming in I feel its mute. I know its my choice to buy or not and I choose to buy:) I just want what I think alot of passionate fans want the best TPA possible and the fact the side art on a core table has been documented multiple times and still backwards reduces my faith than any art fixes will happen :( that and Bobby King saying if it doesn't affect game play its not a big deal.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
I'm sorry, but I have to say that I'm all for open discussion, suggestions and reporting of specific bugs and imperfections to help make The Pinball Arcade the best simulator ever, but the OP does non of the aforementioned and merely gives an ultimatum.

If you are dissatisfied with the current product, by all means, post specific bugs and constructive feedback that FarSight can use to improve The Pinball Arcade. If not, please move on without trying to bring down the moral of the FarSight development team as doing so does nothing but hurt the further progression of this project.

Posts like that of the OP are the reason why Gord Lacey created this forum and I don't think they belong here. While this is a forum for discussion, it's also a forum that the FarSight development team uses to get constructive feedback on The Pinball Arcade that they can use or take into consideration to better improve the overall experience of The Pinball Arcade.

These types of posts have no place here and should not be allowed.

summary: I'm for open discussion as long as it's discussion I agree with.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
to all of you who say "report the bug it will get resolved" or whatever... this is not necessarily true.. I mean farsight shipped black knight on ps3 the way it is and pretty much ignore comments about it being trash.. even bobby king in an intervie was like whatever man....

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
summary: I'm for open discussion as long as it's discussion I agree with.

You're right, I don't agree with giving an ultimatum rather than give constructive feedback. I've posted more bugs locally and behind the scenes than most everyone combined and do it to help improve The Pinball Arcade. There are many bugs and imperfections that need fixing and FarSight is doing so by making it a priority to fix game breaking bugs before they fix art issues that do not affect gameplay.

Once again, If anyone is dissatisfied with the current product, by all means, post specific bugs and constructive feedback that FarSight can use to improve The Pinball Arcade. If not, please move on without trying to bring down the morale of the FarSight development team as doing so does nothing but hurt the further progression of this project.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I edited the topic a little bit to make it clearer what the discussion was.

To be honest, I've been extremely frustrated in the past as well. One day I almost tossed my hands in the air and posted a message about shutting down the forums because I was tired of the bugs, and the frustrations with testing. I quickly realized that won't help the problem though, and I want to help FarSight find a solution to fixing these bugs. There certainly have been some "WTF" moments in the history of this game; I had one just the other day when I opened NGG and couldn't see the plunger when it was pulled back. How is that missed? I have no idea, but sometimes I wonder if testing only occurs on one system per table pack.

I'll let the topic stand because I do feel the OP has a point; the continual bugginess of the game WILL lose them customers. People will slowly stop buying table packs after they've experienced one bug too many, and whose to say they'll return? It's frustrating when bugs are introduced to tables that didn't have them before - it's almost like we have to hold our breath every time a new pack is released because it may wreck an old table, and that shouldn't be how it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts