Pack #5 Initial Thoughts...

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
So I just got the pack and fired it up....and I must say I'm quite disappointed. I've already encountered THREE game breaking bugs (including one that froze my console) in my first 4 runs through these tables. The physics on Harley feel like ice skating, and the colours and lighting on both tables are very undersaturated and dull.

Here's hoping TZ turns out far better....

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Two of the bugs I can recall are:

1) HD - The DMD actually gave me an operator alert saying some coil or something on the table needed repairing. Game over

2) Taxi - I locked ball one on the right orbit and the camera just sat there. It wouldn't allow me to launch a new ball.

Call operator didn't work in both instances, and the third bug was after finishing a game of HD, on the highscore screen it just froze and I had to reboot.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I haven't encountered any bugs on either table yet, but I do agree the colors are a bit dull. I don't know why they keep dulling down the tables. Not that big a deal, but the tables should "pop".

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
First game of taxi shoot the ball spins arouns pops out and the camera stays in that view.....wow first game LOL! havnt tried harley yet but that coil thing sounds friggin sweet! you got pro-mode for FREE!:) Taxi looks bland in color.

thorphin

Jun 27, 2012
On Harley, if I set up a game for 4 players, I get a game for 3. At the end of the game, player 4 gets 0 points. A game for 3 nets 2 players. A game for 2 nets one single player. Very odd. Also, very consistent.

I've also had the same ball locking / game breaking problem listed above in Taxi. Only happened once, but the camera got stuck and I couldn't do anything but pull the plunger (could hear it operating) and tilt. When I tilted, all players' scores went to 0. Again, very odd.

Also, I just nudged violently through a couple games of Harley. Like, nonstop nudging. No problem. So, I'd definitely say there's no Tilt on this table. Don't know enough about the table to know if this is accurate.

Very strange bugs this time around! Glad that the scoring bugs from EatPM and NGG haven't affected Taxi and Harley. Sorta sad that Taxi and Harley simply existing didn't magically fix the other two tables' scores, but I know FS is working on a fix.

Won't comment on the visuals, other than to say that they do seem desaturated a bit, but I'd rather have this than garish oversaturation, so I'm not complaining. Actually quite pleased with the visuals of the last four tables, though I know it's clearly a personal preference. Would like to not have the gameplay altering bugs, though.

EDIT: Played again the next day, and Harley had none of the above problems with tilting or scoring. I don't even know. Anyway, thanks Farsight for these, mostly just fine new tables!

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Sad to see this, but I honestly expected them so it's not so much a surprise anymore.

I've been blindly buying every table the second they hit PSN, but I think I'm going to start holding off a little bit to show
Farsight that I do care about these tables being polished (no pun...).

This is especially sad when you see them spending more resources on Pro Modes instead of getting the basics as solid as can be.

I agree with the above, the tables are looking more and more dull. They are making them way too dark and the colors are at about 50% saturation.
I don't know what monitor/display they are designing these on, but I've played these on 4 different pro HD displays and they all looked muted to me.

They should be using Tales of the Arabian Nights and Gorgar as benchmarks for all DLC tables. Whoever worked on those managed to get them right.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I wouldn't be dissuaded from buying them. I'm really enjoying Taxi despite the skill shot being to predictable (one of my favorite tables...) and I haven't encourtered any problems with HD yet, although I haven't tried any multiplayer yet.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I agree with the above, the tables are looking more and more dull. They are making them way too dark and the colors are at about 50% saturation.
I don't know what monitor/display they are designing these on, but I've played these on 4 different pro HD displays and they all looked muted to me.

They should be using Tales of the Arabian Nights and Gorgar as benchmarks for all DLC tables. Whoever worked on those managed to get them right.

I'm with ya, Gorgar looks amazing. I can understand some of the glitches getting by, but the colors on some of the tables are just weird looking. :confused: I'm looking at you NGG, MM, RBION, CV, Taxi, and BK. (Black Knight is just hilariously bad in so many ways)

How can FS not get it together with the look of some of these tables? PHoF was fine. Sure there were issues, but at least the colors were good. what's up here?

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Taxi and HD look great! Yah the color is off when TPA is compared to WHOF. Had one glitch on Taxi, ball would not release from right ball lock, call attendant did nothing, so had to restart game, oh well. Can't wait for TZ, and hopefully some day in the future the Holy Grail an Addams Family table!

Thanks Farsight!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Agree that the colors are waaaaaaaay undersaturated and dull. I actually find it a bit difficult to see the ball on Harley Davidson as the playfield is so washed out that the ball blends a bit.

Haven't yet encountered any bugs but I also only played a single game of HD and none of Taxi.

Tabe

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Agree that the colors are waaaaaaaay undersaturated and dull. I actually find it a bit difficult to see the ball on Harley Davidson as the playfield is so washed out that the ball blends a bit.

I was about to say the same thing; it feels like it's giving me a little eyestrain after just a few seconds of trying to distinguish objects in the upper playfield area, where everything's just kind of a gray haze.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Regarding the colors: could you take a picture and post it here? My current theory is that in the Farsight studios everything looks perfectly right and they probably have no idea of what we are talking about. A picture should help, I will do the same for NGG when I find the time. Just open a new thread in the table sub-forums.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just had a go on both Harley-Davidson and Taxi...both tables play great and actually look good on my tv as well. The saturation of both tables looks about right given the ambient lighting for both tables. Great job FarSight!

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
CRISP...homerun, taxi/harley were worth the wait on PS3

great job farsight, both taxi and harley are CLEAR, CRISP and RESOLUTE. there are NO flaws when playing either machine, the main camera angle is player friendly, both machines are enjoyable to play. THAT'S what i'm talkin' about! fantastic!

aagstn

Oct 6, 2012
great job farsight, both taxi and harley are CLEAR, CRISP and RESOLUTE. there are NO flaws when playing either machine, the main camera angle is player friendly, both machines are enjoyable to play. THAT'S what i'm talkin' about! fantastic!
I was pretty happy as well. I ran across no issues on the PS3 or Vita. I've never played the Harley machine before, but it was a blast.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I play them both on iOS and like them a lot. Taxi is the most realistic looking table to me. Almost like looking at the real table. Harley is fun, but there are too many multiballs in it. But that isn't FS's fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.