Hey everyone

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My name is Gord Lacey, and I'm the admin of Pinball Arcade Fans.

After joining the Pinball Arcade Facebook page shortly after it was created, I noticed people asking the same thing over and over on the FB wall. Facebook is great for getting a message out and having people comment on it, but it's horrible to archive things in a way that allow people to find it a week, or a month, later. A forum was needed. Knowing that the folks at FarSight studios are a small team, I decided to create Pinball Arcade Fans (I think we'd all agree their time is better spent working on this wonderful game rather than administering a forum).

I've run other resource sites in the past; a site for Electric Image (a 3D program for the Mac), a site for Sherlock Search plugins (Sherlock was part of Mac OS 8.5), and in 2001 I created (and still run) TVShowsOnDVD.com, an information site for people looking to get their favorite show on DVD. While I've been part of many, many forums, this is the first time I've run one, so hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Great work, Gord. A forum will be much easier to keep up with all the posts. I'm definitely looking forward to interacting with everyone on here. Thanks for setting this up!

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Hey Gord, thanks for taking the time to set up this site. I'm sure it will be popular over the coming weeks!!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This is fantastic and all the effort is appreciated! I think the facebook page is overwhelmed with far too much repetition. I can appreciate that many are late to the party but seeing questions reposted every day and lots of basic information being ignored in favor of adding another pointless post to the wall gets annoying to have to sift through. Hopefully the wall can settle down and people can use this as a resource with easy topic searching before they keep reposting the same 4 questions yet again. Plus I'm looking forwared to interacting with all the other pinball enthusiasts!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
We need to find a way to get more people from FB on here. My post on the FB wall was quickly buried...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to bring The Pinball Arcade community together. Hopefully this forum will be jumping once the game is released on more platforms and FarSight gets the ball rolling on dlc. I know I'll be here.

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
We need to find a way to get more people from FB on here. My post on the FB wall was quickly buried...

Yep, things get too dis-organised on FB & drop further down the page (one reason why this forum is appreciated). You could always bump it for now by adding another link, a permanent link by Farsight on the FB page would obviously be the best in the long term.

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Hey guys,

thanks to Gord for finally setting up the long needed forum! Didn't you mention on FB that you asked FarSight's permission? So maybe they could feature the link more prominently? I'm sure most of the FB crowd would really appreciate coming here, once things really start to kick off... And it would be great if the FarSight guys were on here as well, especially to read the bug reports =)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I'm hoping the Farsight guys will come and hang out here too. I'm sure they're pretty busy preparing for the late March releases right now, plus ironing out the mobile bugs.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, Bobby King has said that he hasn't had a chance to register yet. I haven't approached them about linking to it from FB yet - I'm trying to see what linking methods FB allows (right now it seems extremely limited!).

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Nice site.
You would think falsity would promote the site.
It would be much easier to get bug reports and user feedback through a forum

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I will re-iterate and thank you for putting this resource site together Gord! I will see about getting a link to this site put somewhere in our FB profile, it would certainly help.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts