New BBCodes added

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Brandon Debes asked for a way to include anchors in a post; I researched it, and now implemented it. Here are the new tags:

[anchorlink="TOTAN"]Clicking on this text will allow you to jump to the text below[/anchorlink]
[anchor="TOTAN"]This is the text we want to jump to[/anchor]

It may be helpful for some of those long, information-packed posts that we have in some threads.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Perfect! Now I can make those miles-long strategy guides of mine clearer (and hopefully a little shorter).

Speaking of BBCode, is there any particular reason why I can include images and videos in my forum posts but not in my blog entries?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's a problem with vBulletin. Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately. The blog posts don't support BBCode.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
No worries then. I was hoping it was as easy as flipping a permission switch somewhere. Thanks for checking.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
is there anyway to "like" or "thank" someone's post? I use AVFORUMS a lot and rather than reply to someone to say thanks, I can click the "thanks" button and a list of names appear under the thread who have given thanks.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
is there anyway to "like" or "thank" someone's post? I use AVFORUMS a lot and rather than reply to someone to say thanks, I can click the "thanks" button and a list of names appear under the thread who have given thanks.

Alright, I've added something to the forum that does this on a per-post basis. Unfortunately it can't be integrated into the actual post without buying the "Pro" version ($40). I disabled it because it cluttered the forum a lot. I'll look for something else, unless someone wants to donate the $40.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.